1. We're currently conducting systematic tests with the release version of macOS 11 (Big Sur) in order to offer full compatibility of our products as soon as possible. You can find our latest compatibility status - here

Please note that although announced at the same time as macOS Big Sur, Apple Silicon processors are an independent release with separate compatibility concerns for NI products. Compatibility with macOS Big Sur will not yet ensure compatibility with Apple Silicon processors. At the moment, Native Instruments products are not supported on computers with Apple Silicon processors. Read more - here

Dismiss Notice

Can't open ensemble in plugin

Discussion in 'Technical Issues - KOMPLETE (Archive)' started by bsamuels, Aug 20, 2011.

1. bsamuels

bsamuels Forum Member

I have created an ensemble in Reaktor that alters midi note data, no audio. I want to load it in Maainstage as a VST plugin and have been advise to use Kore as a shell since Mainstage does not support VST. In Kore I select to load a VST plugin and select my ensemble. But I get the error message "This file was created with a newer version of Reaktor, please update your software) When I select the plugin as An AU plugin, it loads. But this defeats my purpose to pass MIDI through. Running Mac OS 10.6.8, Reaktor 5.6, Kore 2.12 ( plugin Reaktor shows version 5.5.1). Any ideas?

2. sowari

sowari Moderator Moderator

Kore uses integrated plugins in a folder that you will find in the Library Folder on your
    Macintosh HD. please not that these are not the same as your VST Folder.

the Reaktor plugin in the integrated folder is indeed 5.5.1, you have created this Ensembles using 5.6, so it won't load.

you can do a 'hack' try to locate the Integrated Folder which is in your Library Folder -> Application Support -> Native Instruments -> Kore -> Plugins. in that folder you will find the NI PLugins. if you remove - itiis advisable not to delete - the Reaktor plugins and place copies of your updated VST plugins inside there, you will be able to load your Ens in Kore.

Please note this 'hack' is not supported by NI, but is used by many Kore owners.

fwiw, there will be a Kore update that will have the latest version of Reaktor integrated.

i also suggest you will need to download the freeware midiO, because you will need to use that to send MIDI from Kore into Logic.... so i presume it is the same for Mainstage.

sowari

3. bsamuels

bsamuels Forum Member

Thanks for the invaluable help, will report back as to the success of this hack
    ---
    By the way, will Midio allow me to load my Reaktor ensemble directly and pass midi without using the Kore shell?

4. sowari

sowari Moderator Moderator

no, midiO in AU that passes MIDI Out from the host DAW or plugin - in the case of Kore. so you load Reaktor in Kore then pass MIDI into midO - also in Kore - and then you can pass MIDI elsewhere. midiO has a dropdown menu for selecting where the MIDI goes.

sowari