1. We're currently conducting systematic tests with the release version of macOS 11 (Big Sur) in order to offer full compatibility of our products as soon as possible. You can find our latest compatibility status - here

Please note that although announced at the same time as macOS Big Sur, Apple Silicon processors are an independent release with separate compatibility concerns for NI products. Compatibility with macOS Big Sur will not yet ensure compatibility with Apple Silicon processors. At the moment, Native Instruments products are not supported on computers with Apple Silicon processors. Read more - here

Dismiss Notice

Can't play Elektrik Piano, Akoustik Piano or B-4

Discussion in 'KONTAKT' started by bsamuels, Nov 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bsamuels

bsamuels Forum Member

I upgraded to Komplete 6 with Kontakt 4 and as a matter of course deleted Kontakt 3.5. Since then the applications that came with Komplete 5 , Elektrik Piano, Akoustik Piano or B-4 don't play. Should I have kept 3.5 installed? Do these apps not work with the Kontakt 4 engine and should I (can I) reinstall 3.5?

Bruce Samuels

2. David Das

David Das Moderator Moderator

The B4 has no relation to Kontakt, so de-installing Kontakt 3.5 would not have affected the B4 at all.

As for EP and AP, they shouldn't have been affected either. They can load up inside Kontakt 4, or if you are working on a computer which is still compatible with them, you can use their original applications.

There is no reason to have 3.5 installed if you own 4, except for if you have saved projects which use 3.5 and still need to be able to recall projects like that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.