Can't rename Slots, Pattern etc. in Maschine 2.0 (VST-Plugin/Studio One 2.6)

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by modular TH, Nov 1, 2013.

1. modular TH

modular TH NI Product Owner

Hi,

i can't rename Sounds, Patterns etc. in Maschine 2.0 VST-Plugin, because Studio One 2.6 won't release the Keyboard or Maschine 2.0 won't get it's focus on the keyboard. Anybody here who could try this? Don't know who is responsible here, NI or Presonus?

All the best,
    modular TH

2. Toneshop

Toneshop NI Product Owner

Yep,same here.
    Can't name anything when used as a VST in S1.
    Running Studio One 2.6.1. 24770
    Win7 x64 .

@ modular TH,
    Did you get it fixed ?

3. TJ

TJ NI Product Owner

Yeah same here. I can click on the slot but can't input text. I think Presonus changed the focus behaviour in the last update so the plugin didn't steal it, probably caused by that.

4. modular TH

modular TH NI Product Owner

No, unfortunately it hasn't been fixed yet. I hope Presonus will listen. I have already post it in their forum.

Cheers!

5. Toneshop

@modular,

Ok,i found your thread there an posted a "confirm" reply.
    I do remember some time ago ,there was a discussion going on about the spacebar not starting and stopping playback when a plugin was open on screen.
    Maybe the 2.6.1 update fixed that but wrecked some things with NI stuff.:(

6. TJ

TJ NI Product Owner

The no keyboard focus means no keyboard input, i've seen it before. Also in FL cannot type with keyboard focus disabled. Don't know if there's an option to change it but something similar in S1 would be good.

7. Toneshop

Are there S1 users here who can rename slots/browse fields in Maschine or any NI VST ?

8. MarkusMF

MarkusMF NI Product Owner

Same here. I'm pretty sure this is not a Presonus issue cause I can use the keyboard for typing in every(!) other external Plugin. Tested everything out last hour.

And such a miracle: Maschine 1.8 works fine in S1.
    My advice: Do not use Maschine 2.0 for serious productive situation! It's a mess and the worsest software I've ever paid for. Full of bugs and a total break in normal intuitive workflows. NI obviously tried to reinvent the wheel and completely failed. Too sad.

9. Toneshop

Using Maschine as a VST in S1 is very anoying right now.
    Can't name anything so you loose track of what is what in Maschine.

So are there S1 users who can type text in Maschine/NI products?
    Maybe we can track down the problem.

10. MarkusMF

As I said before, yes. In Maschine 1.8 it's no problem at all. Only 2.0 is making problems.

11. Jazz-

Jazz- Forum Member

Didn't upload to 2.6 yet. I'm still on 2.5 and everything is working fine.

I'll wait until the next update.

12. MarkusMF

So you can confirm that Maschine 2.0 is able to be renamed in S1 2.5?
    That would really make me wondering cause for me and others it didn't work. Would you mind to tell us how? I'm extremely curious.
    And what do you mean with "I'll wait until the next update"? Maschine update? :lol: good luck!

13. Jazz-

Jazz- Forum Member

I checked and double-checked. That's what I usually do before throwing any statement. I can rename my sounds, patterns and groups in 2.5.1 by clicking on the fields.

I'll wait until the next Studio One update. I wasn't even aware that 2.6 had been released.

14. MarkusMF

I cannot reproduce that. Installed Studio One 2.5 again on another pc and it's the same behaviour with Maschine 2.0 as it is in 2.6. Means cannot use the keyboard in it. So I really doubt that this is a Presonus problem since Maschine 1.8 is working as expected.
    Mysterious.

15. Toneshop

Strange. so the big question now is,
    Would Jazz be willing to install S1 2.6 and check the text input problem with Maschine 2.0.?

16. TJ

TJ NI Product Owner

Something i should have done before commenting but Presonus added the steal keyboard focus fix in 2.6 i think but if it works with 1.8 something else is going on here and no input in 2.5 looks like the problem lies with Maschine. :/

17. Jazz-

Jazz- Forum Member

No prob. My comment wasn't aimed at you and I actually believe, as you stated, that the problem comes from the 2.6 update. That's why I'm afraid to update.

And since some people still doubt my words, here's a screenshot. I'm on 2.5.1.

Screenshot.png

18. MarkusMF

Isn't it funny that every plugin (even NI's) works just fine in Studio One 2.6 but only Maschine 2.0 doesn't?
    Are you using 64bit Studio One/Maschine 2.0 (I do)?

19. Toneshop

I can't type in any NI's VST search/browse fields.not just Maschine.

20. MarkusMF

Just for clearification: what system do you use? PC/Mac, 64bit?
    And can you give an example which VSTi from NI other than Maschine doesn't work for you? For me it's only Maschine 2.0. Kontakt, Reaktor, FM8, Absynth...every other NI VSTi is working fine.
    Using Win7 and everything 64bit.