1. Please do not install macOS 10.15 Catalina yet, as Native Instruments software and hardware products are not supported under macOS 10.15 yet. For more info, please go HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

Solved can't sample anymore

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by raphaël_, Oct 13, 2019 at 1:41 AM.

1. raphaël_

raphaël_ NI Product Owner

it's been a while since i hooked up my maschine mk3 to my computer (mac 10.14.6) and i have the problem that i can't sample anymore.
    i have a motu 828es as my audio interface and all the analog outputs are set up correctly and work fine for sampling in ableton.

in maschine, i somehow can't sample from external sources. it's not picking up any signal from any external source. internal resampling works just fine.

has there something changed in the settings of maschine in the laste few updates? to my knowledge, i just have to set up the input settings in prefernces and that should be it right?

2. D-One

D-One Moderator Moderator

Nothing significant, theres only more settings available the HW Settings Menu and it visually looks better.
    Double-check if all the inputs for your Motu are activated in the preferences and if you're selecting the correct ones when attempting to sample.

3. raphaël_

...i did all that. i even activated one stereo input at a time to see if there is a problem with activating multiple stereo input sources.
    i have 3 stereo inputs: turntable, synthesizer and then from computer. not one of these work.

i can't think of any other way to route things. could it be a wrong default setting on the "Sound" itself?

thank you for your quick response.

4. AL’DREAD

AL’DREAD NI Product Owner

Maybe its the Mac security settings

Goto Mac system preferences / security & privacy / privacy / microphone- and select the apps (maschine) you want to grant access to your inputs ( Apple calls it microphone regardless what inputs your using )

Last edited: Oct 13, 2019 at 4:01 AM
    • Like Like x 1
  5. raphaël_

that was it. thank you. :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 1