:: CD players tested with TRAKTOR Scratch ::

Discussion in 'TRAKTOR SCRATCH' started by DJ Freshfluke, Apr 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DJ Freshfluke

DJ Freshfluke Traktor Mod Moderator

some of you guys were asking what cd players we were testing with traktor scratch. here's the list:

Denon DSN-3000
    Denon DSN-3500
    Denon DSN-5000
    Denon DSN-S1000
    Pioneer CDJ-800 Mk2
    Pioneer CDJ-1000 Mk2
    Pioneer DVJ-1000
    Pioneer DVJ-X1
    Stanton C.314
    CDJ 1000 MK 1-3
    CDJ 800 MK2
    CDJ 100
    CMX 5000

any questions left? :)

2. Djarsennal

Djarsennal Forum Member

Just wondering after all this crap who is going to be using the stanton cd players? ;)

3. grikschatj

grikschatj NI Product Owner

I used it with Pioneer CDJ-100S last night, and much to my surprise, worked flawlessly. A huge improvement over FS2!

4. FunkyRob

FunkyRob Forum Member

Still got mine. I don't plan on throwing them away or anything. Comparable products cost so much more.

5. DJSpazz

DJSpazz Forum Member

I would have thought that the Numark CDX would have been at the top of this list. Any reasons it was left off?

Last edited: May 19, 2007
  6. AudioRapture

AudioRapture NI Product Owner

If I had to guess I would say that Numark wasn't very eager to supply a demo product and no one else who tested it against TS has piped up?

7. DJSpazz

DJSpazz Forum Member

Thanks for the reply. Well, if I can get TS installed, I will def test it out on my HDXs and report my thoughts here and on Pro DJ Forums.

8. Fohat

Fohat Forum Member

that's good to read. i just bought some 100s to enhance my whole setup and wanted to try it out then with TS as well (if i will get it someday after ordering the crossgrade two weeks ago...)

9. zakimak_Tf

zakimak_Tf Forum Member

where is the CDX on this?.. nevermind, I ll do the testing myself and let you guys know.

10. buenputter

buenputter NI Product Owner

ON Saturday, I did a short test with a

Denon DN-2500 F.

Unfortunately the cueing still (tried it before with Final Scratch 2) does not work well. The track control is not really possible by using the jog wheel because the track almost does not react to jog-wheel-movements.

Track 3 (scrolling playlists) just works for scrolling down; and only after hitting the play-button, not when using the jog wheel. Scrolling down can only be stopped by hitting the cue-button. Scrolling up is absolutely impossible with this double-CD-Player.

Is the first track (lead-in) of the control-CD good for anything while using a CD-Player?

Probably will be using a colleagues
    Denon DN-D6000 on the next weekend for further testing. (CD-Control is just an emergency-mode for me, will be usually using Vinyl-Control.)

11. DJ Freshfluke

DJ Freshfluke Traktor Mod Moderator

please report to the support!
    (but i guess you already did, right? :))

12. Djarsennal

Djarsennal Forum Member

I think its mostly the Cd players, had the s-5000 and it was a lot worst than using my CDJs on FS2, denon upgraded the s3500 to uptimize with Serato witch means that there was something wrong with the transmitting of the timecode signal, witch probably means that most likely there is a problem with the rest of the CD players line up.

S3500 plug in:
    Previous Plug In’s: (as of 10/25/2006)
    -Improved the Cue area for instantaneous scratching from PLAY
    -Improved performance with Serato Scratch Live control discs
    -Improved pitch stepping increments for the 4% & 10% range
    -Added the ability to reset the Effects (Filter/Flanger/Echo)
    -Added more Fader Start options
    -Added TT Tricks function
    -Added Brake memory function

13. hamzter

hamzter Forum Member

I just got a C.314 for $250... I am going to try and use it. Any thoughts on the C.314? I may pick up a Numark CDX again...

I don't see it on the list.

14. hamzter

hamzter Forum Member

ah man... I would love to have a set of HDXs. How would you do the timecode? I wonder if you could put it on the HD and it would work on TS...

HMMM... I would like to know...

15. DJSpazz

DJSpazz Forum Member

Don't see why not. It's work great like that with SSL. I'll def give it a shot.

16. DJSpazz

DJSpazz Forum Member

hamzter, I copied the timecode to the HDXs harddrive and it plays great. Actually plays better than off the CD. ;)

17. hamzter

hamzter Forum Member

EXCELLENT!

I was hoping to hear that you would be successful. I would love to have a set of HDXs, but I am ok with my $250 Stanton C.314...;)

18. dj mutley

dj mutley NI Product Owner

dennon

my friend had same problem what i seen happening was a stutter efect that same players do when stoped and theres an option on dennons to stop that.on cue its stays stuttering causing ts to think your tappin foward constantly go to options and disable that feature and youll be ok.

19. JamesG_Tf

JamesG_Tf Forum Member

Numark CDX's

I use Numark CDX's with TS and they work really well; loops and effects don't work but then you don't need them anyway with the features that are built into TS.

I've also used 1210's and CDJ's with TS and think that the CDX's are better to use all round.

20. zakimak_Tf

zakimak_Tf Forum Member

I can confirm the same.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.