Closed CDJ 2000 NX2 HID: Beat Jump Problems

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Daniel Paniagua, Apr 23, 2018.

1. Daniel Paniagua

Daniel Paniagua New Member

This past saturday I did a gig of two hours length with this new beta with 3 CDJ 2000 NX2 on HID Mode.

The first thing I noticed is that the waveforms works perfectly, loop mode is awesome, but beat jump mode doesn't work at all. 1 Beat Jump (default as the 1 beat jump using rekordbox USB) works, but when you try to do a 2, 4, 8 o 16 beat jump doesn't works at all. That needs to be fixed, beacuse is a great feature.

The second thing I noticed is that the Phase Meter, using 4 beats style (like the old CDJ 2000 Nexus style) or the new Phase meter (way more cooler) of the NX2 doesn't match the phase meter from Traktor, has a GIGANTIC lag and makes that feature useless (yes I know, beatmatching must be done by ear, but is always nice to have another reference).

2. Friedemann @ NI

Friedemann @ NI NI Team NI Team

Hi Daniel, I would assume that you stepped into the firmware trap. The HID support of the Beatjump buttons as been introduced with firmware 1.81 or higher.
    It can therefore happen that a venue that you play, did not yet upgrade their players to the latest firmware. Can you possible double check which firmware version was used?

3. Friedemann @ NI

Interesting finding about the Phase Meter Lag - could you create a separate bug report, because we can repro this and want to look into it. Thanks.

4. Daniel Paniagua

That's possible, It can be checked soon if I go to a DJ School and test it!

5. Daniel Paniagua

6. Friedemann @ NI

Did you have a chance to test this?

7. Daniel Paniagua

I'm on a 1 week trip, it's imposible for me to test It right know! But I think that maybe the problem is that the Player it's not uodated yo the last firmware as you suggested before!

8. frankle

frankle NI Product Owner

I'll be able to test this after the weekend with some CDJ-2000NXS2 players.

9. frankle

frankle NI Product Owner

My CDJ-2000NXS2 is on 1.81, beat jump works as expected.

10. matone

matone New Member

Hi! I am also experiencing this issue. On the CDJ-2000nxs 2 players, The beat jump can only jump in 1 bar increments, they cannot jump 4, 8, 16 bars like when used standalone. Both players are up to date with the latest firmware (1.84)