1. Hi everyone,

Apple just released Logic Pro 10.5 for MacOS 10.15. We found out that Massive X, Crush Pack, Mod Pack, Replika, and Replika XT will crash.

Our teams are currently working on a fix, and we hope to have this out to you as soon as we can!

Best wishes, 
    The NI Team

Dismiss Notice

CDJ-850/CDJ-350 HID support

Discussion in 'Feature Suggestions' started by jemp, Jun 22, 2011.

1. jemp

jemp New Member

Probably someone has already suggested it, but HID support for the pioneer cdj-850 and cdj-350 would be great! :)

2. lethal_pizzle

lethal_pizzle NI Product Owner

3. soulguru

soulguru NI Product Owner

At least give us better pitch control on all midi controllers.
    Especially Pioneer products like cdj's.

4. soulguru

New update and still no cdj-350 HID mode.
    Geeezzzz....cmon NI what gives.

5. Stalagmite

Stalagmite New Member

Well, as usual, it's been done faster by the Rane team
    the cdj 350 and 850 are supported natively on scratch live 2.3
    Real sad that Rane seem's closer with their customers than NI

6. Zabsounds

Zabsounds New Member

Cdj 850 one of the top seller cdj in many countries and still no HID support! makes me mad! ugh

7. mauricio cury

mauricio cury New Member

Traktor lover, now I find myself disappointed and forced to switch to Seratto.
    Reason, lack of support cdj 350 ...
    Native least one penalty.

8. soulguru

I just gave up on this issue..why even get serato or traktor?
    you can use usb sticks on the 350's..and set the bpm... like sync.

9. mauricio cury

mauricio cury New Member

350 hid TRAKTOR

wanted to use the 350 with Traktor in HID, entitled to all the controls and display, but it is limited and MID.
    Lost to the VDJ 7.

10. agalvin13

agalvin13 New Member

I agree this is getting ridiculous. I really want to continue to support and use traktor, I think it is the best computer DJ program out there...

But listen to your customers! I would rather use TSP 1 with 850 hid instead of have different colors, infrared views and all the other essentially non value adding updates that came with TSP2. Focus on the things that matter or I, and countless other loyal customers, will have to switch to your biggest competitor's product.

11. Stalagmite

Stalagmite New Member

1588 views !

12. agalvin13

agalvin13 New Member

just bought a SL2 Box... will be selling off my traktor stuff soon.. really sad that it had to come to this..

13. rynemusic

rynemusic New Member

14. bigboibbp

bigboibbp NI Product Owner

suport for the 350 and the 850 would be great... if they can get that and the 2000 to work better ill be a bit of a happier camper.

15. soulguru

I was reading there will be a new update, maybe the HID will be implemented...yeah right!

16. dj_eddie_gr

dj_eddie_gr Forum Member

I think it has to do with marketing... Like the CDJ-900/2000... If they allow HID support in these equipment (that are EVERYWHERE!), think how many LESS units of Traktor Scratch Pro they will sell... Someone could buy just a Traktor Pro 2 (3 times down the price of TSP2) and do the job in the clubs. Serato Scratch Live won't even open if you don't have one of their "black boxes" connected to your laptop. So no loose for them....

It would be nice though, to allow HID support ONLY to Traktor Scratch Pro users as ,they wouldn't lose anything. In fact I think they would sell a lot more units.

But then again... think about the complain list from Traktor Pro users... lol

17. agalvin13

agalvin13 New Member

make it so only TSP 2 has HID capability... I would pay for it ... it makes no sense that HID simply isn't offered for 850s at all.. especially when inferior products like VDJ have already had 850 HID for a long time. NI should release an update that supports it or switch to a closed system like serato.. would cut down on their software piracy as well..

18. soulguru

It's because the 850's & 350's are under $1000.00 look at the traktor certified mixers....I just gave up on this issue, might look at serato.

19. Patrick Bateman

Patrick Bateman Forum Member

Advanced HID with serato and the CDJ-2000 looks awesome, full browser support, waveforms on cdjs, looping through cdjs it's flawless integration.

It really sucks that I paid for traktor scratch and have to use certified mixers when I already paid the price and ni won't certify certain things because of company politics. As a bonus, no advanced HID support. I love the layout and look of Traktor and the midi mapping but serato or just using CDJs is looking better since they make it difficult for the customer.

20. Weißer Bart

Weißer Bart NI Product Owner

This really should be implemented to support Pro users. More and more are going to start jumping ship to Serato. I've considered it and I don't even use CDJs. I'm sorry but Pros are not going to lug S2s/S4s/Certified Mixers around when there are perfectly good CDJs, Turntables and Mixers installed in the booths. NI should step up, resolve this issue then have more chance of conquering the market. I agree with the users that say only TSP 2 should incorporate HID if necessary. On a side not Serato Scratch / Itch may not open without one of their hardware products connected but at least you don't have to pay for software updates.