1. Hi everyone,

Apple just released Logic Pro 10.5 for MacOS 10.15. We found out that Crush Pack, Mod Pack, Replika, and Replika XT will crash.

Our teams are currently working on a fix, and we hope to have this out to you as soon as we can!

Best wishes, 
    The NI Team

Dismiss Notice

CDJ-850/CDJ-350 HID support

Discussion in 'Feature Suggestions' started by jemp, Jun 22, 2011.

1. djenzyme

djenzyme NI Product Owner

Yes but still, its misleading. I've given up hope to be honest, I prefer to use Traktor over other software so I've been relegated to using timecode only.

2. ReSession

ReSession Forum Member

Me too. Its very misleading.

3. ReSession

ReSession Forum Member

I have stopped using Traktor altogether. I just use Rekordbox now.

4. ReSession

ReSession Forum Member

It clearly has Traktor software listed under the CDJ-850‘s USB-HID supports several DJ software

CDJ-850‘s USB-HID supports several DJ software

In Online Mode, TRAKTOR PRO / TRAKTOR PRO2 / Scratch Live functions will automatically link to the corresponding buttons and keys of the CDJ-850 player when a computer running the software is connected through the players’ USB connection. In addition, functions such as tempo adjustment, play/cue and loop can be made without a computer keyboard or mouse.

Support for various DJ software
    • Native Instruments “TRAKTOR PRO/PRO2”
    • Serato Audio Research “Serato Scratch Live”
    http://pioneerdj.com/english/products/player/cdj-850.html

5. Mrtvola

Mrtvola New Member

Is NI ever going to make HID support for the cdj 850??? It's about the time!!

6. soulguru

soulguru NI Product Owner

No...never...NI is too busy pushing "The Future Of Djing"...
    you want HID try Serato...they are HID friendly with pretty much all cdjs..just bought my self a copy..for my DJM850..and I like it..what's not to like.. no soundcard and HID..

7. frankle

frankle NI Product Owner

If you don't use CD's at all then possibly try updating to XDJ1000's as they're HID supported in Traktor 2.8 ... or look at some second hand CDJ900's as their price should have dropped considerably by now.

8. soulguru

Depends on your budget..
    if you can afford it...spend the $2000.00 on new equipment.
    or buy a used serato card possibly $500.00 (serato has all cdj hid implementation.
    what ever fits your budget.

9. bmorr

bmorr Forum Member

So just because I'm still pissed off about this I figured I'd check to see if any updates were available to add HID for the CDJ 850s because I saw this on the Pioneer site...

[​IMG]

Honestly I'm starting to think of taking NI or Pioneer to court for this so I can at least get my money back and purchase something that works as a HID enabled device on Traktor.

10. soulguru

Why bother with it...Pioneer is gonna launch their dvs system wait for that.

11. djenzyme

djenzyme NI Product Owner

I originally got 850's expecting HID support due to information like this. Highly misleading and I think N.I. did originally intend on supporting them. The support team were actually saying compatibility was coming for a while. Big disappointment from N.I. , boo hiss etc...

12. Dj-Goody

Dj-Goody NI Product Owner

The point is: Pioneer knows for years the NI didn't implement the HID-feature. However, they revised their website last week and added the HID-information. So perhaps NI requested Pioneers support in the previous months in order to implement HID in upcoming Traktor versions.

13. bmorr

bmorr Forum Member

That would be amazing. I too find it odd that the wording has been added in, but I'd hazard a guess that it's by accident. Why would they advertise something that isn't available? That's just asking for trouble unless they had an actual tangible announcement from NI that the support would come that people could refer to.

14. bmorr

bmorr Forum Member

Seems you're right just checked out the new Rekordbox software, looks like I may be jumping ship. Serato always held me back because it required I use the SLbox even if I didn't need it but Rekordbox seems really competitive. GG NI

15. Daniel Ventura

Daniel Ventura NI Product Owner

im a test member for rekordbox dj and just asked if they will implement a tool to convert Traktor/serato/etc grids/cues/Loops to rekordbox without using rekordbuddy...hope they do so...the Software is quite tight. i think i'll Change too. nobody in pro sector is using ni Hardware ;-)

16. Mrtvola

Mrtvola New Member

Another update out, full of useless crap, but still no HID support for 850. Lucky pioneer launched rekordbox so I dont have to bother with traktor at all any more. Sorry but al your buttonfull jogless controllers just isn't my bag.

17. ReSession

ReSession Forum Member

Pioneer Rekordbox DJ Relaeased today....with support for CDJ850