1. Hi everyone,

Apple just released Logic Pro 10.5 for MacOS 10.15. We found out that Crush Pack, Mod Pack, Replika, and Replika XT will crash.

Our teams are currently working on a fix, and we hope to have this out to you as soon as we can!

Best wishes, 
    The NI Team

Dismiss Notice

CDJ-850/CDJ-350 HID support

Discussion in 'Feature Suggestions' started by jemp, Jun 22, 2011.

1. Dj-Goody

Dj-Goody NI Product Owner

Why should the CDJ require a new firmware for Traktor? The HID interface already works perfectly with some other software (well ok, after a few updates).

2. djenzyme

djenzyme NI Product Owner

I agree, it should already work and N.I. dont even have a good excuse why it hasn't been done already.

That said though, even the 2000 nexus has had to have a firmware upgrade to work with Serato.
    ---
    Edit - the email I received was from Pioneer and not Serato.

3. Gavintech

Gavintech Forum Member

I just received another e-mail from NI, very combative and unprofessional, stating that Traktor Ready certification was solely Pioneer's responsibility. Something I already knew but it didn't sound like they were working on anything with the 850's at all.
    ---
    Their excuse if that Pioneer has not requested Traktor Ready certification and that their policy is to work on these things once a manufacturer has made the request.

HOWEVER they have no good excuse for the question "since NI and Pioneer have been working closely together on making Traktor work with Pioneer hardware for a number of years now why can't NI initiate this conversation since A LOT of Traktor users have been asking for this for years now?"

4. djenzyme

Maybe I'm being misled then. Here look at this :

Hello Dave Ashford,

thank you for your feedback and suggestions.

Actually this is already an open feature request:

TP-6033 please add (advanced) HID mode for the CDJ 850

As soon as we have a solution we will release this as an update.

That's all we can say for now,
    as unfortunately we´re not qualified to comment on future products, release dates,
    sales specials or developments - we appreciate your understanding.

If you have any more questions please don´t hesitate to contact us via email.

--------------------
    ---
    Does anyone know how to contact the Pioneer devs? Their website seems a bit strange, I couldn't even register my hardware on there. The only point of contact seems to be the forum, apart from a general pioneer contact number.
    ---
    Edit - I found a contact email for them simply by looking properly haha

5. Gavintech

Gavintech Forum Member

After telling them that what they have been telling us is not good enough, that even if it is up to Pioneer there is no reason that NI could not reach out to Pioneer to get the ball rolling, I just got a very interesting, and nice, reply from Stephan (NI's Traktor support team lead). He said that they are going to be working on this with the Traktor product managers to see what can be done. He said it is the highest priority at the Support level and they will so all their can at their level to push getting this feature implemented.

6. djenzyme

Well that's something positive. :)

7. Gavintech

Gavintech Forum Member

Yep! Today he told me to follow up next week and hopefully he'd have more news on the project.

8. makar1

makar1 Forum Member

I believe HID support for the 850 was "promised" for the 2.6.0 update but nothing ever came of it.

Given that HID on the 850s is already widely supported (Serato, Cross, VDJ, Mixxx) it's fairly obvious that the issue lies with Traktor and NI.

9. ReSession

ReSession Forum Member

From NI support yesterday,

"yes, the possibility exists, at least this is a existing feature request in our
    bugtracker.

Of course I cant make any promises or such, but I would say there is a chance that
    this could happen somewhen in the future."

10. Ywe

Ywe New Member

I hope they do soon, I have CDJ850's but am very dissapointed by the way Traktor handles them. it's not realistic for me to get a pair of 900's. But if I knew this in advanced i would have saved some more money and got those to start with... I'm about to sell my complete setup (CDJ850 DJM700) since I only use traktor now, so plan on buying a Scratch certified mixer (DJM850) and two CDJ350's for when i'm in the mood for CD's or USB... But they better have HID integration by then :p

How about the CDJ400? Since I just want a simple CD player, how does it react when you enter a USB stick with files loaded from rekordbox? I understand it won't have the possibilities that the "new" rekordbox enabled line has but can it play the files? And do you have full functionality of the player with Traktor? Info in the screen and all?

11. makar1

makar1 Forum Member

The CDJ 400 does not support Rekordbox databases, and I hear it can be extremely slow at reading USB sticks as it's only USB 1.1

You can however use the 400s as HID controllers for Traktor showing track info on the screens.

12. Gavintech

Gavintech Forum Member

If you're using a DJM850 just keep the CDJs and use the 850 as a soundcard with timecode CDs in the CDJs. I don't own a DJM850 but I when I play out on a club's that is what I do. It is super simple. Believe me you don't want to go from CDJ850's to 350's, they're garbage.

13. Ywe

Ywe New Member

Well I have a DJM700 now, and I won't put much more extra money in gear, so if I sell it all its enough for a 850, 350s an some decent TTs! I pretty much use my vinyl time code and X1 all the time now, so no need for big CD players.

It's another story if there is some support :p

14. djenzyme

I heard the same thing, HID for CDJ-850 was 'scheduled' for release last autumn with 2.6.0 update.

It's about time they actually implemented it.

15. djenzyme

Another update and still no joy with this request.

It's now been three updates since this was 'scheduled', I can't believe that N.I and Pioneer expect 850 users to use the basic midi mode. I tried it and it was truly awful, the pitch control was moving in steps of 0.27 Bpm. That's nowhere near good enough to mix with.

Still waiting...

16. ReSession

ReSession Forum Member

Have to admit...its been quite liberating not using traktor....back to 2 CDJ and a mixer. Not sure I like the way NI are going anyway. Still a great tool for sorting playlist but not sure if I am really too worried if they bring out HID integration or not. Its too late.

17. Gavintech

Gavintech Forum Member

You're better off with what you have now. And it has nothing to do with the size of the 350's or 850's.
    ---
    NI and Pioneer don't want you to use the CDJ850 in basic MIDI mode. NI wants you to use timecode or one of their controllers, Pioneer wants you to ditch Traktor and use Rekordbox.

18. Davmix

Davmix Forum Member

Now i use Mixvibes Cross 2.5 with my CDJ850. Perfect HID !

19. djenzyme

That's completely beside the point. We shouldn't have to switch software.

N.I. have decided to give CDJ-850 users a massive kick in the teeth by not implementing HID control for this model.

20. Ywe

Ywe New Member

Besides I don't WANT to switch software... I want to use the maximum capabilities of both my hard- & software!