1. Hi everyone,

Apple just released Logic Pro 10.5 for MacOS 10.15. We found out that Crush Pack, Mod Pack, Replika, and Replika XT will crash.

Our teams are currently working on a fix, and we hope to have this out to you as soon as we can!

Best wishes, 
    The NI Team

Dismiss Notice

CDJ-850/CDJ-350 HID support

Discussion in 'Feature Suggestions' started by jemp, Jun 22, 2011.

1. soulguru

soulguru NI Product Owner

Still no HID mode? Serato has it, Mixvibes has it, Virtual has it.
    What is the deal, seems to me that NI only is making HID for the more expensive players. Well this just sucks!

2. makar1

makar1 Forum Member

Serato DJ doesn't have it, so they've given up support of the 850 now.

3. Jonas*

Jonas* New Member

Wrong. The latest update of Serato DJ supports the CDJ 850.

4. JustinJaye

JustinJaye New Member

do you ever even actually check up with serato to see if they have support?!

and previously you said "they have their own stuff to sell" well thats why they have different departments... ones that sell hardware.. and ones that deal with coding.. what you said is irrelevant...

there are a good chunk of people that have cdj 850 that would love to buy an NI soundcard (i'm one of them). I love traktor.. and would love to continue using it (also use an x1 and s2 every now and then).. but if they dno't resolve this issue within the next few months i'm just going to buy a serato sl2 and take my x1 over to serato as well. Serato is adopting alot of features that used to be unique to traktor.. and if they keep up this lack of support they will be losing customers

5. makar1

makar1 Forum Member

Yes, actually. I posted that the day before the update was released.

Having their "own stuff to sell" does not mean they're too busy to develop for other hardware. It means they do not want to, as it would invite more competition and reduce their sales. What you said is just ignorant simplistic conjecture.

There are many, many more people buying S2s and S4s than there are CDJ 850 owners so I doubt their stance will be changing any time soon.

6. JustinJaye

JustinJaye New Member

who said anything about targeting s2 and s4 buyers?! those are clearly a different group of consumers who want cheap all in one units... there are many more people buying s2 and s4's compared to cdj2000's also. .what is your point?! they still decided to bring support for that

7. JustinJaye

JustinJaye New Member

you can go ahead and keep living in your secluded world.. where NI is slowly becoming the apple of the dj world.. while serato keeps building its empire to support EVERYTHING

8. makar1

makar1 Forum Member

The CDJ 850 is much closer to the original S4 price point than other Pioneer CDJs.

The CDJ 900 and 2000 are the only models (besides the 1000) that are used in clubs and festivals. NI wanted some presence in the professional field, so they collaborated with Pioneer to bring support to CDJs that are actually being used in the booth.

Apple has seen huge growth and expansion over the past few years so your analogy is pretty off the mark.

9. JustinJaye

JustinJaye New Member

i didnt say anything bad about apple.. but they've built up a crappy wall of proprietary stuff and forced alot of users to move on to android... does this sound familiar to you?! i don't know if you know but there are way more android users than apple

10. JustinJaye

JustinJaye New Member

look i'm not trying to say anyone is a bad company.. i'm simply stating that as serato is increasing its user base NI is going to be losing some of their... i'm all for NI and i would love to see more people using NI... clearly pioneer see's serato is on the right track if all of their new hardware is being license for serato

11. makar1

makar1 Forum Member

But there are way more Apple users than LG users. Or HTC users. Comparing one manufacturer to a whole list of others is meaningless. Here are some numbers from yesterday: http://www.macrumors.com/2014/05/01/apple-tablet-market-share-1q14/

If you want to get the most out of your hardware, it seems obvious that you should go with officially supported software. Likewise, if you are set on a particular software you should research what hardware is fully compatible before making a purchase.

12. JustinJaye

JustinJaye New Member

but the thing is.. i did buy this hardware.. based on promises made from NI that they were going to get the 850 "in the next update". For the meantime.. i will play the patience game a little longer and hope for the best

**edited** oops didnt notice you put up as of now numbers

Last edited: May 2, 2014
  13. Adrianphonic

Adrianphonic New Member

14. Ionut Daniel Androne

Ionut Daniel Androne New Member

i ask if they work for hid support for cdj-350 and the answerd was:

"
    Thank you for contacting Native Instruments!

Unfortunately we´re not qualified to comment on future products, release dates,
    sales specials or developments - we appreciate your understanding.

If you have any more questions please don´t hesitate to contact us via this E-Mail!"

:|

15. ReSession

ReSession Forum Member

This is on the Pioneer page for CDJ 850

CDJ-850‘s USB-HID supports several DJ software

In Online Mode, TRAKTOR PRO / TRAKTOR PRO2 / Scratch Live functions will automatically link to the corresponding buttons and keys of the CDJ-850 player when a computer running the software is connected through the players’ USB connection. In addition, functions such as tempo adjustment, play/cue and loop can be made without a computer keyboard or mouse.

Support for various DJ software
    • Native Instruments “TRAKTOR PRO/PRO2”
    • Serato Audio Research “Serato Scratch Live”
    http://pioneerdj.com/english/products/player/cdj-850.html

16. makar1

makar1 Forum Member

The 850s can be used as standard MIDI controllers for any software.

17. ReSession

ReSession Forum Member

Yes that's correct, but the information on the pioneer site states the 850 supports HID.

CDJ-850‘s USB-HID supports several DJ software

18. makar1

makar1 Forum Member

It does support HID with several softwares, just not Traktor.

19. djenzyme

djenzyme NI Product Owner

The product page is very misleading as the Traktor integration is clearly listed under the HID section of the feature list.

I also got 850s under the assumption that HID would be implemented for Traktor. At one point Native support were actually telling me it was coming in a future update, and then after a while they just kept stating they 'are not qualified to comment' etc etc.

I heard that Pioneer and Native 'fell out' a while back, this seems to be reflected in the support that is being provided for Pioneer hardware.

20. makar1

makar1 Forum Member

It doesn't say anything explicitly incorrect. The 850s can be used for every feature mentioned in that product page when used with Traktor.