1. Hi everyone,

We have just announced our latest version of the Komplete bundles.

Find out more about the bundles and the newly added instruments

Komplete 13 is available for pre-order now, and will become available for download on October 1, 2020.

Best wishes, 
    The NI Team

Dismiss Notice

Resolved Change Tracklist font brightness to white – Bad idea, eyes hurt

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by radiokrishna, Sep 4, 2020.

1. radiokrishna

radiokrishna NI Product Owner

The tracklist font brightness has become too bright. Maybe it's better to see in the open sun, but in a club or in low light, it's a pain for the eyes! A completely bright white font on an almost black background is the main reason I don't like Rekordbox. Better please return it as it was or make the Contrast Switch (Day/Night Mode). The Sidebar Tree has the perfect brightness of the font.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2020
  2. viper9711

viper9711 NI Product Owner

Ajustable in preferences is the best way..

• Like Like x 2
  3. Almaz

Almaz NI Product Owner

for my taste, on the contrary, now the font color looks better, the text color in previous versions was white-soft, and such text lacked contrast, maybe you have something with color calibration? my white color looks normal

• Like Like x 2
  4. radiokrishna

The lack of contrast was well compensated by darkening the background. There is no need to lighten the text. Otherwise, it's too contrasting. The monitor is calibrated well, and the second one is too. I know this type of extreme contrast from the Rekordbox DJ. A week of working on it was enough to forget about it forever, since the contrast in the Traktor was more suitable for working in low light. And with the background darkening now, it would be more contrasting, but not too much more.

See how much darker the background has become. Is this not enough, and we need to make the font extremely white?

Снимок экрана 2020-09-05 в 02.21.55.png
    Снимок экрана 2020-09-05 в 02.21.16.png

• Like Like x 1
  5. Dj pako

Dj pako NI Product Owner

These are very good ideas.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2020
  6. man-tk

man-tk NI Product Owner

it looks better now

• Like Like x 1
  7. dariodelima

dariodelima NI Product Owner

think the new font is way better, what makes it even better is they made the column colour darker also, before the whole column being colured was a little distracting, i always preferred to simply have a colour dot column to show colours, though i must admit now i think with the colour column being adjusted it is now spot on, possiibly they could add a slider to the options section for font brightness. though in my opinion and prefrences i love the new brighter fonts.

• Like Like x 2
  8. mr.Positive

mr.Positive NI Product Owner

It looks way better now, it was way to hard to read something on quick look. I'm very happy with change.

9. DJ Flex I

DJ Flex I NI Product Owner

I actually like it as it is (in the current version, not the beta). But it could be a bit brighter. But I know it's a matter of personal taste, I guess this needs to be an option, like in the Browser Details in preferences just under the List Row Height. Something like - Font Brightness from 0 (black) to 255 (white).

Another setting I would like to see in this preferences is:
    [x] Gray out the songs played in current session.

Or something like this, the issue is the played songs are impossible to spot easy, this tiny icon is ridiculous, one thing NI doesn't seem to understand is most of us are using the laptops far away from us.

P.S. I checked the screenshots from beta, and I agree its almost white. It's too much. But still it needs to be brighter than it's in the current version.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  10. radiokrishna

Yes, in fact, it would be better to at least do something in between. Brighter than it was, but not as bright as it became.

You can lower the brightness of the display and then the tracklist looks great, but... then everything else becomes dim.

11. radiokrishna

Wow, now perfect!

Снимок экрана 2020-09-17 в 14.47.33.png

Снимок экрана 2020-09-17 в 14.47.51.png

Last edited: Sep 17, 2020
    • Funny Funny x 1