1. Please do not install macOS 10.15 Catalina yet, as Native Instruments software and hardware products are not supported under macOS 10.15 yet. For more info, please go HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

Changes on Sounds.com again?

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by Bonus Beats, Sep 16, 2019.

1. Bonus Beats

Bonus Beats NI Product Owner

This time the download to all buttons are missing.. I think its because I stopped the subscription?

BUT I would still like to remove or re-download the samples at my choosing.
    Basically I can't do any changes? Last time it didnt even download the art work or something...

I had to TRASH all the samples to re-download them again but I can't even do that!

Thats just straight up LAME.

Who does that block access to something you paid for sample by sample.

The website looks like something from a generic broken link website too are they using stock images from photos.com or something lol

2. Ghost_On_Da_Maschine

Ghost_On_Da_Maschine NI Product Owner

Welcome to the world of subscription.
    It is the worse possible business model from a consumers point of view yet people still try to explain why it's beneficial to the consumer.

• Like Like x 1
  3. D-One

D-One Moderator Moderator

I'm not much of a fan either but I am sure Splice's 2.5 million users disagree with that statement.

I think the background service responsible for sounds.com sync was updated, so it might be a bug.

After you consume a credit for a sample it's supposed to be available for download forever, regardless if you cancel your subscription. If there is an issue it's probably related to Collection Sync only.

Go here::https://sounds.com/samples/library/download-history
    Confirm if you can or cannot download all the samples you have in your history.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2019
  4. AL’DREAD

AL’DREAD NI Product Owner

What os and browser are you using?

5. Bonus Beats

Well I paid for the lowest $10 subscription and it seemed to work fine after that on my laptop and even my Mac mini but my main computer absolutely would not download them automatically no matter what combination of things I tried. I had to copy the files to a thumb drive and drop them into the sounds.com folder and it seemed to work except one pack did not get it’s art work. I definitely know that the download to NI apps toatally disappears from the website when you don’t have an activate subscription

6. Kai @ NI

Kai @ NI NI Team NI Team

Hey,
    As mentioned above, you should be able to access all your content via the download history regardless of your subscription status.
    In case of download issues, please make sure you are using the latest version of MASCHINE and remember to log out of - and back into Native Access after performing the update.
    It is suboptimal, but the fresh login to Native Access is needed to refresh the authentication between Maschine and your Native ID / Sounds account after performing an update.

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. AcidAlex303

AcidAlex303 NI Product Owner

I had this exact problem after I ended subscription and the only way for me to download the files was for support to resubscribe me (with a free credit). I then redownloaded everything and cancelled the subscription again. It seems that they have either removed the ability to download after cancellation or it’s a bug. Personally I think files should be available forever as the ones you’ve downloaded are paid for with your credit.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Bonus Beats

Yup exactly ..

I’m fairly certain I’ve made no mistakes and tried every avenue mentioned and nothing worked except paying for the subscription to get the download button back on the webpage. After my month ends I’ll test it again.

9. Bonus Beats

BTW this is the second time I’ve had the issue and had to resubscribe twice and that’s what worked immediately

10. D-One

D-One Moderator Moderator