1. Please do not install macOS 10.15 Catalina yet, as Native Instruments software and hardware products are not supported under macOS 10.15 yet. For more info, please go HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

Changing Miditemplate on Maschine Jam directly

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by digilog_, Oct 10, 2016.

1. digilog_

digilog_ New Member

I've tried the Ableton Midi Template with Jam and it's really working perfectly.
    Only one issue for exists me which I didn't figure out and can't find in the manual:
    If i am using Maschine as plugin in Ableton and control Ableton also with Jam and go the the Maschine VST-Channel Maschine Jam automatically changes to controling Maschine - thats good, but I didn't find a way to switch back to the Ableton Control Mode.
    On the original Maschine I can change it with Shift-Control and select the template - but on Maschine Jam I didn't a way to do so.
    How this can be done?

• Like Like x 1
  2. SERCH-MILTON

SERCH-MILTON New Member

Same Question here..

3. Mr36

Mr36 NI Product Owner

Do you want to just switch between controlling Maschine (i.e., "control" mode) and controlling Live (MIDI mode, with the template)? If so, shift+CUE (headphone button).
    (Why it had to be a two-handed one again, I do not know. To mock me perhaps.)

If you actually mean switching between different MIDI mode templates, I don't think this is possible yet. I'd be happy to be wrong though.

4. SERCH-MILTON

SERCH-MILTON New Member

switching to the Midimode i clear... Switching between diffrent Midi Templates is the question ;)

5. Mr36

Mr36 NI Product Owner

I thought and feared that this was what was really being asked... As far as I know and can see, there's currently no way to switch between different MIDI mode templates from Jam itself.

6. digilog_

digilog_ New Member

Thanks Mr. 36, your thought was right, I only wanted to change from Maschine Control to Live Control and back. Changing to a completely different Midi-Template is not really important for a session, otherwise for special cases this can be done easily with Controller Editor.
    Completely missed the Midi writing on Jam, maybe it was too dark in my room, because of the bad contrast, between inactive and active patterns :)

7. Mr36

Mr36 NI Product Owner

Possibly. Easily missed, I suppose, being a shift function label. I do wish it would have been a shift function that could be done with one hand though!

8. Will Zégal

Will Zégal NI Product Owner

This could be done for instance by pressing shift + scene number buttons. But Jam has to be able to store more than one MIDI template. I'm note sure it can.

9. Mr36

Mr36 NI Product Owner

I think (well, hope) your computer can store more than one MIDI template though. ;)

10. Will Zégal

Yes, but you've to use a software to send the template to the hardware while when the templates are stored into the hardware, you can switch from one to another whenever you want.
    For instance, I was last night working on a project in Sonar. As I was away, I only had Maschine JAM a a controler with me. I'd like to be able to switch from the simple midi notes template and play some instruments to the "MCU lite" one to control Sonar.

Using a software to store templates and switch between them is a different thing : it's having a software like Komplete Kontrol, VIP or Automap that manage the communication between the controler and the software you want to control. It's not bad at all (the three software I've mentioned are great), but I'm not sure NI will spend time and money to bring such a feature.

11. Mr36

Mr36 NI Product Owner

Indeed, I understand all of that. I think my meaning got a little lost in the internet ether. And I agree that it would be very useful to be able to switch templates from JAM directly. Why not email NI directly (via tech support) with this request?

12. kevindetroit

kevindetroit NI Product Owner

Mine is stuck in Ableton Mode and when I hit shift + cue, nothing seems to happen. I have one instance of Komplete Kontrol (as an instrument rack).

13. dj wo k

dj wo k NI Product Owner

the only way for now is to switch with the controler editor
    ;)

14. Xyenz Fyxion

Xyenz Fyxion NI Product Owner

Hey, guys. I just bought a Maschine Jam. Is this really a thing? Is it not possible to switch MIDI Templates on the Maschine Jam controller?

15. themixtape

themixtape NI Product Owner

Just picked one up, too. I really hope this IS possible. Is it?

16. Michael O'Hagan

Michael O'Hagan NI Product Owner

just bought a Maschine Jam and I am so disappointed that this is actually an issue, I mean shift + 1-8 at the top would be the most common sense thing to do.

How could they not have had this implemented on launch?

17. dj wo k

dj wo k NI Product Owner

nothing more ... Sans titre.jpeg

18. Will Zégal

Maybe the hardware just can't stand more than a template.
    But I suspect NI not to pay much attention to JAM. There are many features that can be done from a 4X4 Maschine hardware that can't be done on a JAM (where is "copy/paste" ?)
    They still don't have implemented the use of pedal port. I'm afraid they gave it up.