Choral Crashing Cubase 10.5

Discussion in 'STUDIO FX' started by John Landells, Dec 10, 2019.

1. John Landells

John Landells New Member

Using the Choral plugin in Cubase 10.5 (running on macOS Mojave) causes Cubase to freeze. This can only be recovered by force quitting Cubase and reverting to the last saved session.

Any ideas how to resolve this, please?

Many thanks,
    -John.

• Like Like x 1
  2. eglmett

eglmett New Member

Having the same issue on Cubase 10.5 with Flair, but I'm on High Sierra.
    No issue with Reaper...

3. telecode101

telecode101 NI Product Owner

I am seeing occasional crashed on Cubase 10.5 when I use Kontact instruments. I am also on High Sierra. I just make sure I keep saving my work. When the crash happens, i just reopen Cubase and keep working. The crashed also seem to happen with some Addictive Keys vsts as well on occasion. It could be that Cubase isn't "officially" supported on High Sierra. No idea.

4. eglmett

eglmett New Member

I forgot to mention that this does not happen with Cubase 10.0.4 on High Sierra. What I'm seeing with 10.5 is graphic issues: when I open Flair, it opens on my secondary monitor, and is a third of the host window it sits in. I move it to the primary screen, and the graphic issue is resolved...then it locks up and I must Force Quit Cubase.

I get odd graphic issues with Arturia's synths too in 10.5 - the reverse: overly large zoom of the synth upon initialization....so, my thinking was that there's a graphics issue.

But, none of this is apparent with Cubase 10.0.4...so, it's a Cubase issue?

5. eglmett

eglmett New Member

I update MacOS to Mojave and still having the issue with Flair, Choral, and Phasis, for instance. It hangs Cubase 10.5 after about a minute. Interestingly, Dirt, Freak, and Bite, do not crash. What they have in common is no animation.

6. IlMolto

IlMolto NI Product Owner

I’m having same issue with both Phasis and Choral. Haven’t tried Flair but I’m assuming since it’s in the same mod pack family it will do the same.

I’m on Cubase 10.5.5 on MacOS Catalina.

7. Sokolovsky

Sokolovsky New Member

Same issue here on Mojave 10.4.6 Cubase 10.5.5

8. superlasso

superlasso NI Product Owner

same here - Mojave - 10.5.1 - Choral is causing spinning ball. Just submitted a ticket.

9. _AxelB

_AxelB New Member

Also on Catalina, same problem. Cubase PRO 10.5.10

10. superlasso

Really hope for a fix soon - it’s such a cool plugin.

NI are you awake?

11. superlasso