1. Please do not install macOS 10.15 Catalina yet, as Native Instruments software and hardware products are not supported under macOS 10.15 yet. For more info, please go HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

Chromatic Fire Expansion Anyone?

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by Ians, Aug 27, 2019.

1. Tony Jones

Tony Jones NI Product Owner

Today certainly seems too late for a release;-(

2. LoveEnigma

LoveEnigma NI Product Owner

Exactly why I said tomorrow or Thursday. ;) :(

3. tslays

tslays NI Product Owner

Probably Thursday.

After reading all of that stuff about lay-offs I would assume that we get this free Expansion plus 2.9. (e.g. recording without fixed pattern size etc)

But I am still holding my breath for 3.0 (even without new hardware announcements)

4. LoveEnigma

Yeah. But I still hope things are normal at NI. More important than free Expansion and Maschine update is the future of the company, that too my favourite one in the music products scene.

• Like Like x 1
  5. tslays

tslays NI Product Owner

Did you read the forum lately? Things are not fine. They let go so many people. Biggest layoff in company history. Very sad for these individuals.

6. LoveEnigma

Yes, I replied after reading that only. If you read my comment again, you can visualize my implicit concern. :)

7. tslays

tslays NI Product Owner

Well, I guess the future seems okay. The new statement on One NI strategy seems like a good move. No need to work in silos. Hopefully it doesn’t mean subscription only.

8. LoveEnigma

Yeah, but where did you read the One NI statement? Link please?

Even if it is subscription only in future, I wouldn't worry/care much. We already have so much (NI) stuff that will last for more than a life time. In fact, subscription would help to avoid GAS purchases. Of course, I am always excited for new NI products, but that might change if subscription model is adopted.

9. tslays

tslays NI Product Owner

https://djworx.com/statement-native-instruments-job-losses-and-one-native-strategy/
    And despite what everybody is saying, there is no indication that it will be subscription only.
    It can just be an organizational and technical decision. And I support that. I have products from all 3 major categories and I wish they would be more aligned.

• Like Like x 2
  10. tslays

tslays NI Product Owner

It is available in Native Access now! :thumbsup:

Told you all, Thursday is gonna be the day. :D

Size: 370MB
    Description: Exclusive genre-spanning sounds from some of our favorite Expansions contributors, celebrating the first 10 years of MASCHINE - free for all MASCHINE users.

14 projects
    15 kits
    27 presets
    58 loops
    300+ one-shots

Thanks to NI for the present!! :)

Last edited: Sep 5, 2019
    • Like Like x 4
  11. Tony Jones

Tony Jones NI Product Owner

Some nice bits and pieces in here:)

• Like Like x 1
  12. tslays

tslays NI Product Owner

Guess that's where the name comes from.

Chromatic: Because it is not belonging to any particular genre. (like the chromatic scale)
    Fire: Because it is lit.

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. tempsperdu

tempsperdu NI Product Owner

14. LoveEnigma

Yeah, because NI mostly releases new products on Tuesday or Thursday. However, occasionally I have seen them releasing on Monday or Wednesday; Pure Drip Expansion for example.

Looking forward to download it when I am home. :)

Thank you, NI. :)

• Informative Informative x 1
  15. goridread

goridread NI Product Owner

16. LEGENDARYFINS

LEGENDARYFINS NI Product Owner

Apparently, going forward, NI's new "One Native" strategy includes giving away all products for free! It certainly is a bold move on their part, sure to shake up the industry.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  17. The Sarge

The Sarge NI Product Owner

LEGENDARYFINS
    what??
    NI isn´t the 1st not the last company which gives products for free for special reason, so don´t believe that this is part of the new "One Native"-system!
    just to give You an example: Sonokinetic gave the last 3 Christmas each year one of their then new "Ostinato"-Series for the first 3000 customers for free! and they didn´t changed their company-system nor woke up any other sample-library-developer....man...

18. D-One

D-One Moderator Moderator

They have done this before. 2 Years ago they gave away Phasis-FX for free during Christmas.

• Like Like x 1
  19. LEGENDARYFINS

LEGENDARYFINS NI Product Owner

Kidding man! Just making a little joke. Thankful for the expansion though. They also gave us Kinetic Toys a few years back as well for Thanksgiving I believe.

• Like Like x 1
  20. LoveEnigma

:thumbsup:
    Replika, Supercharger were also Christmas freebies if IIRC.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1