1. Please do not install macOS 10.15 Catalina yet, as Native Instruments software and hardware products are not supported under macOS 10.15 yet. For more info, please go HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

Filed Clicking on the magnifying glass next to the color tag

Discussion in 'Archive' started by mastermc, Apr 22, 2018.

1. mastermc

mastermc NI Product Owner

Hi ,
    When you click there , it should show all tracks with that color but instead it does nothing , It should work the same what as when you click on the magnifying glass next the the artist . I hate when n.i. releases half finished features
    I have reported this many times but nothing is being done

2. DJ Tranz

DJ Tranz NI Product Owner

It's a beta test fill them in and they'll fix it.

3. mastermc

i just did ?

4. Friedemann @ NI

Friedemann @ NI NI Team NI Team

We can't repro the issue over here - your observation may be due to a specific circumstance that you did not mention.
    Easies is to shoot a brief video or screenshot allowing us to see how you exactly observe the issue.

5. ErikMinekus

ErikMinekus NI Product Owner

There's not much to show, but here's a video. The circle is me clicking. I have noticed that the magnifying glass in other columns has a shadow when you hover over it, and the one in the Color column doesn't. So maybe the entire control is disabled in certain conditions?

Version and Setup:
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2.11.1 and later
    macOS High Sierra 10.13.4

6. Friedemann @ NI

mmmh.. may be High Sierra related.

Do others observe this?

7. mastermc

Its good to see thst someome else can confirm the bug as ni only says they cannot reproduce the bug every time I contracted them and I even made a video.

What I can't understand I why no cannot make a video showing me indeed there is no bug .

Maybe because they never really tried to reproduce the bug ?

8. mastermc

I use win 10 and win 7

9. ErikMinekus

ErikMinekus NI Product Owner

I tested it in a Windows 10 virtual machine and it worked. There's a shadow when hovering over the magnifying glass, and clicking it searches for that color. So if you're on Windows as well it seems more like a collection issue. I'll try testing with an empty collection on macOS.

Edit: it works with an empty collection on macOS as well.

Edit 2: Friedemann @ NI I found the issue. The magnifying glass in the Color column stops working when "Allow Inline Editing in List Window" is unchecked.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2018
  10. papagrime

papagrime NI Product Owner

Magnifying glass on colour working for me on Win 10.

11. mastermc

Yes it works when allow online editing is checked which is no good because I need it to work when it's unchecked also on order to avoid clicking somewhere by mistake and updating a tag
    Please fix this bug

12. papagrime

papagrime NI Product Owner

Confirmed mastermc - it does not work with inline editing unchecked

13. Friedemann @ NI

Thanks to all for finding out when this exactly happens. It's unfortunate that it may be too late to fix this for 2.11.3. I'll check with the devs.

Filed as TP-12611

Last edited: May 4, 2018