1. Hi everyone,

Apple just released Logic Pro 10.5 for MacOS 10.15. We found out that Crush Pack, Mod Pack, Replika, and Replika XT will crash.

Our teams are currently working on a fix, and we hope to have this out to you as soon as we can!

Best wishes, 
    The NI Team

Dismiss Notice

Color-Coded Hot Cues

Discussion in 'Feature Suggestions' started by Kevin Becher, Feb 21, 2020.

1. Kevin Becher

Kevin Becher NI Product Owner

The forum search didn't come up with a recent request specifically for this, so here it comes :)

All major competitors have had the option to set different (user selectable) colors for hot cues for ages.
    I use the color coding quite frequently in other software - it helps a lot with fast mixing techniques and "live remixing".

Please give this request a thumbs up if you feel the same!

@Mods: If there's a similar request that I overlooked, please merge or delete.

• Like Like x 5
  2. Karlos Santos

Karlos Santos Rocket Man Moderator

The reason this was not considered before is to preserve the colour system to prevent user error and confusion on what each kind of cue point does. It's easier to explain the cue points in the manual (and Traktor Bible for me) if they have a set colour.

I personally like the colours as they are but I guess user customisation is always a good thing.

• Like Like x 1
  3. dafad_dew

dafad_dew New Member

The cues definitely needs some kind of customisation - either
    - add extra, custom cue types (including colour)
    - customise existing cue colours
    It's very limiting only having a fixed number of cue types, with hard-coded colours.
    I don't believe that preventing user error is a reason not to implement this - you can customise a whole load of other things in Traktor, and none of those seem to cause confusion....

• Like Like x 2
  4. Almaz

Almaz NI Product Owner

5. electrosomnie

electrosomnie NI Product Owner

6. Chris Yakubovsky

Chris Yakubovsky New Member