Coming in the next update - Maschine, Komplete Kontrol, iMaschine

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by Kai @ NI, May 24, 2019.

1. tempsperdu

tempsperdu NI Product Owner

Looking at recent activity they want NI products to be ubiquitous and surely the best route to that is doing all you can to make your products play nicely with as many other products as possible so there's more reason to use the products they produce.

• Like Like x 3
  2. WileySmiley

WileySmiley New Member

Any news on cubase integration for M32?

• Like Like x 1
  3. louislingg

louislingg New Member

Any news on cubase integration for M32?

4. Uwe303

Uwe303 NI Product Owner

It should work just update everything and add an mcu as controller then set m32 daw midi or something like that as in and output.

Uwe

5. louislingg

louislingg New Member

The problem is that in the Cubase setup studio dialog, the only thing there is still only the s series. No m32 yet. Also, the A series and M32 don't use the MCU system. They're on OSC now (whatever that means!)

Last edited: Jul 7, 2019
  6. Uwe303

Uwe303 NI Product Owner

Nope with my A49 it works as mackie and mackie uses midi in a way. And m32 is the same technically.

Uwe

7. D-One

D-One Moderator Moderator

Nop. Still only for Logic, Ableton Live and Garage band. Cubase and Nuendo are still "coming soon..."

Keep in mind "DAW Integration" and MCU support are very different things.

NI also calls "DAW Integration", "Advanced Host Functionality"... "Deep Integration" was also used in the past and a couple of other designations. I wish they would settle with a dang terminology because it confuses the heck out of people to keep using different names for the same thing.
    MCU support was already added to all KK keyboards including the A-Series and M32, see the update thread. You have to update your firmware.

Adding a Mackie Control remote device and selecting "Komplete Kontrol M DAW" will enable the Loop, Play. Stop and Record buttons... not anything else afaik and since there's no way to edit the M32 MIDI fixed template to match MCU standards for other things I dont think it's even possible to customize it to do more the MCU way. Adding a "Generic Remote" and manually mapping the CC's might be the only way to have more controls.

OSC is a protocol for communication...developer mumbo-jumbo and not relevant for this subject.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 7, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. Sean_Clarke

Sean_Clarke NI Product Owner

Is there MCU support for Maschine Mikro MK3? I have just bought this product but cant get transport control working in any of my DAW, .

9. D-One

No. What DAW's do you have?

10. WileySmiley

WileySmiley New Member

Yes, the product page says "Cubase and Nuendo integration coming in a future update to the KOMPLETE KONTROL software" but it would be really helpful if someone from NI could at least give us an estimate as to when this might happen? Are we talking months or weeks? Is it in the next update or will we have to wait longer?

11. D-One

Oh my bad! I thought it was a general question to everyone not specifically to the Official NI accounts... Yeah, only they can answer that.

12. arche3

arche3 NI Product Owner

Any way to add transport control for protools?

13. D-One

For which specific controller?

14. arche3

arche3 NI Product Owner

Maschine studio, mk3, Jam, kk266,kk288

15. D-One

Yes.
    For Jam and the Studio enable Host Transport Control in Controller Editor, this will disable the transport buttons from controlling Maschine Plugin and just send MIDI. Then you have two options either you manually map the MIDI coming from the controllers in PT so they trigger transport, or just load a Mackie Template template in PT, select the controller as the MIDI port, and make sure both controllers have a background template in CE that has the correct MCU CC's (both Jam and Studio have "MCU transport" template)

For the Keyboards it's the same but without the need to use Controller Editor, just load a Mackie Template in PT and it works.

Works for the unsupported DAW's I tried, so should also work in PT (I dont own it to test tho)

16. arche3

arche3 NI Product Owner

Its supposed to work according to YouTube videos. I've been trying 2x a year for the last few years. I've got everything else to work but this doesn't. Avid basically doesn't want you to be able to control their daw I think.

17. D-One

Despite you thinking I'm a passive-aggressive jerk I am actually awesome enough to download a Pro Tools trial and have a look to help you out. :p

It worked for me, here's what I did:
    1 - Go to Setup > MIDI > MIDI Input Devices and enable Maschine Virtual Input.
    (Pic shows the MK3 but that shouldn't make any difference)
    [​IMG]

2 - Setup > Peripherals > MIDI Controllers and select the following options:
    Type: M-Audio keyboard
    Receive From: Maschine Virtual Input
    Send To: Maschine Virtual Output

[​IMG]

3 - Open Controller Editor, create a new template, enable Host Transport Control.
    4 - Check what MIDI CC's Pro Tools expects for Transport, here are some examples:
    5 - In Controller Editor assign the Maschine Transport buttons highlighted in green to whatever you want them to do based on the CC list above
    Here is an example for the Play Button (CC 117): (You might want to adjust MODE, Action, etc..)

[​IMG]

Maybe I should make this a separate post because people seem to have a really hard time using Maschine controllers for transport control in PT. I have no idea why people are forced to use M-Audio's CC standards, I didn't even know that was a thing, that's Avid being Avid I guess. I am also not sure if these CC's interfere with other stuff in PT since I dont use it.

Alternatively, you can try this: http://procommandmidi.com/ (i am not vouching for it, I have no idea if it's good or not, it requires MIDI Mode though)

For the KKS MK2 Keyboards, I have no idea because AFAIK we can't change what CC's the transport buttons send but I could be wrong, too tired right now to find out. This just reminded me how annoying PT is for basic things. Good luck, if you get stuck I can try to help... for the next 30 days only. :D

Last edited: Jul 12, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  18. dreddiknight

dreddiknight NI Product Owner

19. arche3

arche3 NI Product Owner

Ha ha. Lol. Ok.

20. dreddiknight

dreddiknight NI Product Owner

Ooh...