1. Hi everyone,

Apple just released Logic Pro 10.5 for MacOS 10.15. We found out that Crush Pack, Mod Pack, Replika, and Replika XT will crash.

Our teams are currently working on a fix, and we hope to have this out to you as soon as we can!

Best wishes, 
    The NI Team

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi all!

A quick update on our Summer of Sound sale, which went live earlier this week. While the sale has already been active both on our website and with retailers worldwide, we felt that it was not the right time to do any marketing around it. We felt that there were more important voices and messages that needed to be heard during this time.

We know that this a popular sale and that many of our regular customers look forward to this event each year, so we just wanted to let you know why we have not communicated about it so far. All communication will be going live on Monday, in the meantime, we hope that you will find something in our sale that excites you. Stay safe and happy music making.

Best wishes, 
    The NI Team

Dismiss Notice

Coming in the next update of MASCHINE (2.10)

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by Kai @ NI, Mar 3, 2020.

1. Kai @ NI

Kai @ NI NI Team NI Team

Hey all,

We are currently preparing a new feature release for MASCHINE. Here are the major changes at a glance:

MASCHINE 2.10
    • ADDED Auto-Growing Patterns:
      Upon creating a new Pattern, the length no longer needs to be defined in advance (still can be, but is optional). You can record at free Pattern length and after you are done recording, any silence will automatically be trimmed to the nearest Bar (quantisation can be adjusted via grid settings). After recording you can define the Start of your Pattern and Length, to pick the take or part of your recording that you liked best.
    • ADDED Pattern Start Position:
      You can now define a Start-Offset for each Pattern. The above mentioned play range (set via Start and Length) can be freely moved throughout the Pattern via the Position marker from HW-Controllers or by dragging the loop range left and right in the Software.
    • ADDED Pattern Play Position indicated on the LED Touchstrip for MASCHINE MK3 and MASCHINE MIKRO MK3 (when Touchstrip is not used otherwise)
    • FIXED A problem where Multi-Outputs of MASCHINE 2 were not working correctly in Pro Tools
    • FIXED A crash when loading Meteoric Rise: Tomahawk Kit and creating a Pattern
    • FIXED a crash / error message “project could not be saved” when switching between Audio-Module and Sampler

Further down the line
    This update defines the shape of things to come for MASCHINE in 2020. We will be focusing on features that enable you to use Patterns, Scenes and the Song-View (Timeline) in more flexible ways and working towards extended and improved Arrangement Features in MASCHINE.

In the coming months, we will be putting all our efforts into these features and enhancements and hope to share the first prototype in our Beta community around March/April.

Our ultimate goal is to get to a point where you can produce tracks start to finish in MASCHINE and we will continue working towards this point step by step, one feature at a time. I’m looking very much forward to the journey ahead of us and I hope that the upcoming release will be a welcome workflow addition to many of you!

Cheers,
    Kai

Last edited: Mar 3, 2020
    • Like Like x 39
    • Informative Informative x 3
  2. wetdentist

wetdentist NI Product Owner

i am intrigued

• Like Like x 1
  3. The Sarge

The Sarge NI Product Owner

:thumbsup:
    yeah! thought it was my harddisc or my PC [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. ShelLuser

ShelLuser NI Product Owner

As a hobby (former professional) developer myself this really gives me a lot of confidence for the future. I've seen it one too many times where a rather ambitious goal was set, sort of met too but because of the ambition a lot of the features ended up not really working well together because of what I perceived to be a somewhat "hasty design cycle" (long story).

Thanks for the update, exciting times ahead of us!

• Like Like x 3
  5. TheAndroid

TheAndroid NI Product Owner

+1

• Like Like x 1
  6. Richard Parker

Richard Parker NI Product Owner

Thanks Kai, these are awesome news. Keep the good work!

• Like Like x 1
  7. MtwoJ

MtwoJ New Member

This is very reassuring to hear and the right move - it will make a lot of users happy.

Are there any updates on the hardware side? Mainly on whether NI will have any updates to improve using multiple NI controllers at the same time so they will work better together? It's one of the most requested features on the forums (link) but NI has yet to acknowledge it.

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. D-One

D-One Moderator Moderator

Oh yeah, banana patterns are coming guys! :D

• Funny Funny x 4
  9. Jamie77

Jamie77 NI Product Owner

Honestly all i really need is the ability to have different patterms from the same group in the same scene. Like if i have an 8 bar lead i can have a main drum part play for the first 7 bars but have a different fill at the end for the 8th. Add conditional triggering to substitute the patterns and tracks within the patterns for fills and such and it all becomes more organic.

• Like Like x 1
  10. basehead617

basehead617 NI Product Owner

the combination of the first two is a game changer..

i always hated having these full 8 bar patterns just to have a little hit at the end of the 8th bar, with no visuals indicating that that’s what it was.. now it’ll be starting to look like real non linear arrangement.

• Like Like x 7
  11. skinswashdc

skinswashdc Well-Known Member

Let's go!

• Like Like x 1
  12. Kaldosh

Kaldosh NI Product Owner

Great news!! Love the direction it's taking, good job guys !

• Like Like x 1
  13. AureVoir

AureVoir NI Product Owner

Auto Growing Patterns, Pattern start, and Pattern Play can all be precursors to free-floating scene placement/ Growing scenes - the ability to have scenes of any length and that can be freely placed on the arranger- which could lead us closer to a free arranger not bound to the timeline, making room for AUDIO TRACKS and Time signature changes too!!!

This is actually pretty ground breaking! looking forward to this!

• Like Like x 3
  14. Culubrus

Culubrus NI Product Owner

Finally a very good update. I hope the following is a programmable tempo line like any current Daw has

• Like Like x 2
  15. Zack Stephen

Zack Stephen NI Product Owner

I know it's been mentioned a few times but would love live slice in the Mikro! Was really saddened when I got it and that feature wasn't available for us Mikro users.

• Like Like x 2
  16. certifiedbeatz

certifiedbeatz NI Product Owner

I would love a rack version I know I'm the minority..good update!

17. Hebreww

Hebreww NI Product Owner

Hi Kai,
    the upcoming update feels pretty good, but I can't quite see what the new added features will look like although they are so called explained. Guess I have to wait and see..
    At least every step towards completing a complete song in maschine is a good sign.

Can’t wait!

Bless up!

18. Mick @ NI

Mick @ NI Banaholic NI Team

• Like Like x 1
  19. Kai @ NI

Kai @ NI NI Team NI Team

Cheers MtwoJ,
    Thanks for bringing this up again. I fully acknowledge the idea and the use case you are referring to. MASCHINE is a complex application and we have a long list of requested features in different areas of the product. Unfortunately we can not address all these at once. With our current focus we will not be working on this particular topic any time soon.
    But rest assured that these suggestions are not lost or ignored. I'm not saying that we will never address this, but I want to be transparent that this is not on our roadmap in the near future.

• Informative Informative x 2
  20. Kai @ NI

Kai @ NI NI Team NI Team

Hey Jamie77.
    There will be a solution to case as part of our work later this year, but it will not be exactly the way that you are suggesting.
    Can't really go more into detail here, but maybe it helps to know that there will be ways to more easily get to a more organic arrangement.
    Thanks for your patience!