1. We're currently conducting systematic tests with the release version of macOS 11 (Big Sur) in order to offer full compatibility of our products as soon as possible. You can find our latest compatibility status - here

Please note that although announced at the same time as macOS Big Sur, Apple Silicon processors are an independent release with separate compatibility concerns for NI products. Compatibility with macOS Big Sur will not yet ensure compatibility with Apple Silicon processors. At the moment, Native Instruments products are not supported on computers with Apple Silicon processors. Read more - here

Dismiss Notice

Coming in the next update of MASCHINE (2.10)

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by Kai @ NI, Mar 3, 2020.

1. certifiedbeatz

certifiedbeatz NI Product Owner

Good news on positive move forward. I never seen a version go from 2.9.2 to 2.10 ..They might find life on Mars by time they get to 3.0..lol

Last edited: Mar 10, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
    • Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
  2. RajahP

RajahP NI Product Owner

That’s what I was thinking...

• Like Like x 1
  3. HammyHavoc

HammyHavoc NI Product Owner

This is a massively depressing post. The tools are better than anything we were using in the 00s. The solutions are here today and have been since day one. Use Maschine as a VSTi in a DAW, you could even use a free DAW, plenty of choice out there these days. The Maschine, even five years ago, was more powerful than any MPC even running JJ OS in the 00s, and even then, we were hanging it off of Pro Tools.

Go make some music, my friend. Time marches on. Happy 40th! :- )

• Like Like x 6
  4. tempsperdu

tempsperdu NI Product Owner

5. macchinista

macchinista NI Product Owner

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. Captain Blasto

Captain Blasto NI Product Owner

It’s also based entirely on the contents of this thread, so I’m unsure why it would be informative to anyone who’s already here.

• Like Like x 2
  7. phillippeo

phillippeo New Member

I'm new to posting on this forum but old to music (the big five oh camp). I've finally made an observation that I could not put my finger on previously.. For some reason the music making industry has gone "weird" I go on other forums to seek information on how to do stuff with the new technology only to find real intolerance bordering on religious zeal surrounding the work of developers and manufacturers. This is really apparent in the DAW wars (what is that about?). It's weird that if I use a particular DAW, then why should I try to convince others that they should join me? It's akin to a guitarist telling a keyboard player to ditch the ivories and take up guitar because it's the only way forward. The side effect of this is that everyone is forgetting to make music as they are spending so much time trawling forums to post negative comments about people's hard work to provide us with the tools to make great music. As HammyHavoc posted, the stuff we used back in the day was the equivalent to the tech used in the moon landing... by comparison to today's stuff it was risky stuff.. constant crashes, blue screens, endless optimisation tweaks just to get to the end of a track and burn it on to CD. Whilst it was stressful at times, it was also fun.

Reading the negative stuff IS depressing for those of us that want to see progression and change. Attitudes need to change and we all need to be a lot more tolerant of each other. Maybe then the music dominating our airwaves today will reflect this and improve?

Let's get behind the good people at NI and help to make an even better product and while you are at it, do the same for all the bits of kit you have..

I hope I haven't posted anything too controversial here.

Positive Energy (a direct quote from JFILT the guy behind howtomakeverysickbeats)

• Like Like x 7
  8. tempsperdu

LOL I wouldn't have thought so.
    Whilst NI surely and even by their own admission have a lot to answer for over the preceding years, the current development team seem to herald a change of tack and they cannot be blamed for what happened previously. I think we owe it to them to encourage them to see things through to whatever conclusion transpires as there now very obviously is development and no matter how hard they work they can't turn the clock back to amend what went before.

• Like Like x 3
  9. HammyHavoc

Like with GAS (Gear Acquisition Syndrome), I think all too often we're looking for the next piece of kit or a magic update that'll somehow take our productions to the next level. Why do tomorrow what can be done today? If you've already got Maschine and xyz gear, go make something with it. It's always the ears and not the gear, and ideas trump quality and perfection once again these days with YouTube and Reddit proving time and time again that there's an audience for weird and wonderful DIY creations.

As phillippeo said, the progress has been huge over the years. Even a free DAW blows the doors off of what we were using in the 00s (if you're not concerned about music for picture at least ;)), and of course that was all far more sophisticated than anything in the 80s or 90s. I came up on trackers and MPCs, and the idea that even your phone can be a pretty great sequencer or even a DAW just blows my mind. Does a phone compare to a desktop DAW? No, and it doesn't need to. I've had a lot of fun with iZotope Spire and my phone, just getting back to basics on the beach or in a park.

Yes, it would be excellent to have the tweaks and additions we want in Maschine, and I dare say we will get them, but the limitations have never stopped people before. If it isn't Maschine, it'll be something else that gets the blame as to why you haven't done xyz when the update does arrive. I've been there and got the t-shirt blaming various aspects of my workflow, then wondering why someone with just an SH-101, a Portastudio and a Midiverb is cranking out hit records with ease.

The best thing I've learned in recent years is to choose your battles as to which part of your workflow you fight and wrestle with, and which bits of it you choose to allow to inform the end result. The limits are inspiring. I can run literally hundreds of tracks in one DAW project, with umpteen plugins, but unless I'm doing picture or a game with loads of sub-projects, I pretend I'm on a 24 channel mixer, and I'm happier for it. I heard someone say that if you can't do something on 24 tracks then it's the material that's the problem. And yes, sometimes I will add more channels if I feel it's genuinely adding something, or speeding things up.

• Like Like x 4
  10. tempsperdu

Pussy...8 tracks is more than enough :D:po_O;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. HammyHavoc

You mean you don't overdub on a cassette-based karaoke machine anymore? :D

• Funny Funny x 2
  12. tempsperdu

Nah Karaoke is the future......using two Grundigs and a dodgy Kazoo here......................:D;)

• Funny Funny x 3
  13. TheAndroid

TheAndroid NI Product Owner

Here we go :

I don't own maschine anymore but I'd be interested in knowing what you think about this update when you guys use it ;)

14. HammyHavoc

A lot of what I've always wanted from Maschine. On paper, it's a small update, in reality in terms of workflow, it's huge, and one of the only things I missed about Live and Push.

• Like Like x 1
  15. granmah

granmah NI Product Owner

I only have something to say: play and convert to mono, and tempo per scene are much more important basic features to me. I've being waiting for this for ages. I don't know why all these companies want to make things fancy and shiny instead of taking care of the basics: I sample should convert stereo samples to mono, and a sequencer manage different tempos. Period

16. Kalle Sandås

Kalle Sandås New Member

It's here and it works great from just playing around a few minutes. The touch strip Pattern Play position is really nice.

• Like Like x 1
  17. certifiedbeatz

certifiedbeatz NI Product Owner

Anything better than bug fix updates for the past 2 years.. hopfully 2.10 will be followed by 2.10.1 bug to fix why patterns aren't flowing...

• Like Like x 1
  18. Benoit Peeters

Benoit Peeters NI Product Owner

Hi Kal! Good news indeed. I would like to tell you about something that could be great with Maschine, and NI (effect) plugins in general. I guess e lot of users will agree..
    It could be great if you took more advantage of the wonderful screens we got on the mashine. Use them for something more useful Thant cute plugins images.

I mean: graphic EQ, oscilloscope, showing wave table... you know, the way we use to see things in DAW like Ableton.

It is somewhat disturbing for the musician (all musician are not sound engineers) to have only knobs with just numbers.

I guess how parameters are seen could me improved... not just numbers but some representation. I know what I mean?

Continue that way! Have a nice day!

Benoit

Enviado do meu iPhone usando Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  19. Kymeia

Kymeia NI Product Owner

For that we will need support for aftertouch when using plugin instruments so they sound the same as they do in every DAW (and as the sound designer intended)

• Like Like x 1
  20. Georgian Negoita

Georgian Negoita New Member

Hello Kai,

I do not know if there have been any questions related to this topic: "better integration with ableton".
    all my equipments are from native instruments, but the main daw for me is ableton live. Also, I use MASCHINE MK3, but the integration with ableton is difficult, impractical ... this is one of my problems.

Another problem: why can't I use KOMPLETE KONTROL with MASCHINE mk3?

Thank you!

• Like Like x 1