1. Please do not install macOS 10.15 Catalina yet, as Native Instruments software and hardware products are not supported under macOS 10.15 yet. For more info, please go HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

Coming in the next update of MASCHINE and KOMPLETE KONTROL

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by Kai @ NI, Sep 6, 2019.

1. Kai @ NI

Kai @ NI NI Team NI Team

Hey all,

As you all know we, unfortunately, had to say goodbye to a lot of our colleagues and friends from across the company. One of them being Toby, who you’ve seen around on the forum. He left a little parting gift, in the form of Controller Editor support for MIKRO MK3.

It is a turbulent time right now, but we wanted to let you know what we are currently working on:

Coming in Maschine 2.8.6

• Controller Editor support for MIKRO MK3
    • MK3 and STUDIO: visual feedback for modulated parameters: a dot is displayed to indicate that a parameter is being modulated
    • MK3: Reorganise Groups and Sounds via the PAD MODE and SHIFT button
    • MK3 and STUDIO: Set Pattern, Sound, Group and Scene colors from the hardware
    • When switching between Ideas and Arranger views, the playhead focus will now follow as well.

Coming in Komplete Kontrol 2.1.5

• Cubase / Nuendo integration for A-Series and M32 keyboards
    • Studio One integration (added by Presonus in version 4.5.3) for Komplete Kontrol S-Series MK2, A-Series and M32 keyboards. This update supports improved track navigation from S-Series MK2 (coming in a future update to Studio One)

Coming Soon

Other than that we are currently working on:
    • [UPDATED] MK3 and MIKRO MK3: the position of the playhead, within the current pattern, is displayed via the touch strip LEDs (when no touch strip mode is engaged) - this feature needs some more work and is postponed to the next release
    • macOS Catalina compatibility
    • VST3 support for MASCHINE and KOMPLETE KONTROL
    • Record free-length patterns in MASCHINE (the pattern will grow in length as you continue recording)
    • MIDI Assignment Editor for A-Series and M32 keyboards
    Similar to last time, we don’t have a release date for this yet, it depends on our development time, and beta testing. We will let you know once we get closer to release. A beta for testing these features will be available on Centercode prior to release.

You can join our beta environment here: https://native-instruments.centercode.com/welcome/

Please rest assured, that we will be continuing working on MASCHINE and KOMPLETE KONTROL with a focus on improving the product experience and feature set. All update posts we have given in recent weeks and months are still valid. And now we would like to have our actions speak, rather our words, by getting these releases ready for you.

Thanks for your support!

Cheers,

Kai

Last edited: Sep 19, 2019
    • Like Like x 26
  2. Uwe303

Uwe303 NI Product Owner

All the best for all the good people who had to go.

And thanks for the update, that sounds really good and i love to see the improvements for the studio and the a series.

Uwe

• Like Like x 6
  3. LEGENDARYFINS

LEGENDARYFINS NI Product Owner

Thanks for the update and sorry to all those who lost jobs or had friends let go. It's always tough.

• Like Like x 1
  4. HammyHavoc

HammyHavoc NI Product Owner

You have no idea how excited I was to see VST3 support in the beta alongside free-length patterns! Like I've already told a few forum users, these are some really nice quality-of-life updates for everybody's workflows.

Thank you for your hard work; I know VST3 must have been a hassle to implement, but what a great improvement. As always, loving the new and open NI. :- ) Have a great weekend Kai.

• Like Like x 8
  5. macchinista

macchinista NI Product Owner

Hopefully the w/e will provide some distraction from the turbulence of the last few days. It'll take time for things to settle, but I am sure the talented people who lost their job will find other employment soon enough.

Anyhow, thanks for the update. Looking forward to the improvements. Very excited by VST3 support myself. Also, looking forward to try the Maschine software in "sidecar" mode in Catalina. Something to think about, I think the GUI could use some improvements to be more touch friendly ;)

• Like Like x 2
  6. Stormchild

Stormchild NI Product Owner

Wow, some nice improvements there, especially for Maschine.

I’ve been ready to buy an M32 for awhile now…just waiting for the ability to make custom templates for it. Looks like I don’t have to wait much longer.

• Like Like x 1
  7. tempsperdu

tempsperdu NI Product Owner

Thanks Kai great to see things progressing :)

• Like Like x 1
  8. Kymeia

Kymeia NI Product Owner

Yes long overdue - and essential really for the future of KK, Maschine and NI given that VST2 is going to become increasingly difficult to keep supporting.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Xyenz Fyxion

Xyenz Fyxion NI Product Owner

Wishing good fortune to those moving on from the company. Thanks for the update on the updates Kai @ NI. I could hardly be happier to see this unexpected integration of the S-series MK2 keyboards with Studio One. Good things are in the pipeline. I will continue to be patient.

Cheers!

• Like Like x 1
  10. tslays

tslays NI Product Owner

Don’t know why but I am excited about the pad colors. Ever since I saw that feature on the Traktor F1, I wanted to have the same for Maschine. Same goes for the reorganization of sounds and groups. This is a huge time saver for me.

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. HammyHavoc

Same here; it's always baffled me since the MK2 when the colored pads were introduced. Great timesaver, and makes giving a visual representation of what someone is hearing that much easier when discussing sounds.

12. Tomess

Tomess NI Product Owner

I you have an MK2 like i do, this feature is not available...

So i guess this is the start of the ending of the MK2 version of the Maschine controller...

13. Olihop

Olihop NI Product Owner

indeed, and it is sad to see a machine like the mk2 abandoned :(

14. Culubrus

Culubrus NI Product Owner

I really like that they have implemented the color change with the hardware, it is something that I once requested

15. BlaxMessiah

BlaxMessiah New Member

16. muitosabao

muitosabao NI Product Owner

Good luck to everyone, in such troubled times. Hopefully this will indeed not impact heavily the development of Maschine software and the path to performance recording and song mode is not interrupted.

17. AndriusDK

AndriusDK NI Product Owner

But its good. MKII was released back in 2012, time to let go...

• Dislike Dislike x 2
  18. HammyHavoc

Didn't realize that; been a MK3 user for a long while now, guess I figured it would have been ported to the MK2 as well.

19. D-One

D-One Moderator Moderator

I wouldn't sit around counting on new HW specific features being added to a 7-year-old controller.
    Saying it's "time to let go" might be a harsh but doesn't make it any less true.

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  20. laszlozoltan

laszlozoltan NI Product Owner

why ?
    mine still works fine. I treat it like a baby

• Like Like x 1