1. Hi everyone,

We have just announced our latest version of the Komplete bundles.

Find out more about the bundles and the newly added instruments

Komplete 13 is available for pre-order now, and will become available for download on October 1, 2020.

Best wishes, 
    The NI Team

Dismiss Notice

Coming up: Free Maschine update with VST/AU plugin hosting

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by Thomas @ NI, Nov 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. theinvis

theinvis NI Product Owner

and jahrome man don't even respond to these creeps, they put up personal info about you, maybe public but still it's out of line, the type of folks they are is evident to everyone, no need to escalate, just keep making feature request for maschine and no matter what your music sounds like keep dropping what you know about the mpc as well cause allot of and I mean allot are people who use both maschine and the mpc.
    ---
    well this coming update has me tied up in knots, can't wait, Ni has some tricksters in their ranks though, i'm dying to find out what else will be in the update cause I don't think they've told us everything, I don't have any official knowledge of anything else but it would be so easy for them to do something like up the count of groups, even something like that would just be crazy good

2. Muzical

Muzical Forum Member

theinvis, the links and all this info is already in public domain. It was copied and pasted from another forum dawg. So what are you talking about anybody putting Jahrome out there? You can't just walk around sharing knowledge without people wanting to know who you are. I wanted to hear some tracks and asked for a link. I've been impress with Jahrome's insightful feature requests but not so much with the music, based on the level of knowledge displayed. That's honest criticism and not an attack. You can't claim somebody putting you out there when that information is all over the internet already. seriously.

Did you even follow the link to the mv forum to read what else has been said about Jahrome's trolling in other forums?

3. jonespnice

jonespnice NI Product Owner

Oh snap, after looking at that picture I just realized I was in the military with this dude, small world huh? I was at Sheppard AFB in 1990, and yes he's in the air force and in the medical field (atleast back then). Y'all should ease up on the guy a little because he's a pretty cool dude (from what I remember). Yo if this is the same Jerome Fuller that was at Sheppard in 1990 then what's up homeboy, this is Paul Jones, PM me when you get a chance.
    Peace.

4. audiofeen

audiofeen Forum Member

this is a thread about the coming maschine update, if you want to have a bitch about people, products or even the size of your mickey please do it on this thread from now on...

take it here if you wanna be a knob end
    http://www.native-instruments.com/forum/showthread.php?t=127596

and let the rest of us get back to making maschine a great user experience buy making the updates that customers/ user's want...

and of course making music...

seriously guys and girls grow up

5. vinceprice

vinceprice NI Product Owner

It ain't nothin like trying to own anyone I'm no fence hopper I love the MPC I just don't like ignorance. I ain't got nothin against Jahrome he's cool. He made his point it's only right for me to state mine. For instance I personally don't like FL Studio but my homies use it I don't bash they **** like Maschine Maschine blah blah for what they make hot beats. If we are going to compare lets compare fair that's all that was. Jahrome my apologies if I offended you by my statement I am a debater. I think me and Jahrome can agree on one thing NI needs to hire JJ. Other than that I ain't doin nothing but chopping samples and making kits waiting for 1.6 the 2011 NAMM is here. Call me Lloyd Banks cause I'm "Hungry For More".

6. luneytunes

luneytunes NI Product Owner

7. vinceprice

OMG bro that is sooooooooo dope. I am waiting for UA to send my UAD2 Solo I got from a rebate when I bought a UA 710 Twinfinity. This is bananas. I was hoping it would be here in time for 1.6. I can't wait I hope it get's here soon. I hate rebates they are dumb. You should just be able to get the ish when you buy the product instantly. I don't know why companies do that. Anywho NI hurry hurry step right up and drrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrop! 1.6:D

8. JAHROME

JAHROME NI Product Owner

WTF! Damn....how in da hell did you come across this thread. lol I still have every pic we every took in school...minus the ones you never gave me. I will hit you up PM.

By the way...the "Zelda" beat was created by my 16 y/o daughter as her first track. She listened to an old track I made back in the day and remade it. Whether it is anyone's taste is a different story. I will put hundreds of dollars up that what she does today, will murder a lot of dudes across these forums. Piano, keyboards, drums..she plays them all....

9. AlbanyNY

AlbanyNY NI Product Owner

NI is the bomb. Once they add time stretch to Maschine and a few other key features...They're gonna turn major organizations into mom and pop joints IMO. Because I wished for VST support when I bought Maschine. And they seem to be on the right track as far as listening to the users and what they want. And the updates are FREE! I'm gonna go old school and say Biggup NI! lol

Last edited: Jan 13, 2011
  10. JAHROME

JAHROME NI Product Owner

You mean forum (singular)...former users that tell the truth about a product are labeled as such. Don't mind the tag...

@vinceprice
    The hardware is why an MPC cost as much as it does. Not the software. Regardless for me, I don't care about costs. I am aware some do. While people debate that Maschine doesn't need this or that feature because other software products have it including DAWs. But with that reasoning, Maschine is not needed Maschine at all. Everyone can just use their DAW with their favorite controller...but no thanks. I would much rather use Maschine and keep running my mouth in hopes that it be be updated to give me everything I line in an MPC. There are an equal number of people that want to see these improvements than those that don't (for some odd reason).

Oh...thanks for the links. I forgot all about them joints. lol
    Japan back in the day when we just had an MPC 2000 (saved every dime I am for months) and a 4 track cassette deck and a mic. We didn't even have the internet like we do today then...you can hate but we felt that was the hottest **** at the time. lol

Now back to Maschine....the funniest thing about all these exchanges is that from day one...people around here have been trashing catz that make feature requests..saying they don't want another MPC or that they want NI to work on fine tuning the product..yada yada. Some of these same people swore that NI wouldn't add features like VST support or that it wasn't needed. Now the feature request guys have the last laugh as we are getting many things that we have longed for. Sample layering is something that is a must for me..wrote numerous threads. Now we are getting the pad link. What? lol

11. vinceprice

That's what's up. VP loves the kids. My son Zay has a baby grand piano and my son L.J has a full drum set. They actually play together lmao they are 12 and 13 I'm turning them into monsters. Reason being my parents didn't pay for me to take lessons :lol: they are just now getting into producing beats. Funny thing is my son Zay didn't realize why he was taking piano until I taught him how to sequence in Maschine. My other son L.J is big on Ableton it's funny watching them 2 on there computers banging stuff out. They don't know how easy they have it. I started on an SP12

Also I understand an MPC is hardware but so is a laptop bro. OS2.0 for your MPC is software. Basically what I'm saying is... The MPC will be exactly that forever. Maschine will continue to get better and better. Where as Akai makes minor improvements NI can make enormous improvements because it is running on a more powerful platform (PC) don't get me wrong the MPC is in many ways more complete than Maschine right now as far as they where able to implement everything from the 60 to the 4000 into the 5000. It's most likely the last one they make for a long time. The thing is it's a dinosaur. I damn near cried when I sold my 1000. With Maschine right now you must see the future not just what it does now. I have never seen a company so interested in it's users like NI. They seem to really want to make this thing legendary. I can't wait to open Kore 2, Omnisphere and Trillian in standalone mode. Also all the updates have been free so far, can't wait to see what 2.0 looks like. I used to use 2 pcs with my mpc2000xl I ran all my vsts in Brainspawns Forte sequenced on the MPC and recording into pro tools on my 2nd computer so you know how excited I am about 1.6

12. sowari

sowari Moderator Moderator

can we get back to the topic of the thread please :|

sowari

13. Björn Bored

Björn Bored NI Product Owner

yes would be nice..... i dont care if work with mpc or maschine..... i just want to make music and the 1.6 update!

14. jpeg

jpeg Forum Member

that posting details had no releavence to the discussion and was an attempt to riddicule someone who has a different opion.

his requests seem valid everyone comes from different angles and thus want different features added there is no need to get personal with insults to support ur view.

does anyone think ni have omitted certain new features from the 1.6 list and are gonna spring more suprises on us? why would they not advertise features that they plan to roll out?

but the mp3 support and the audition for controller along with direct browsing would ice it

15. TJ

TJ NI Product Owner

Thomas said there would be other features not listed and that more stuff would be announced in the coming weeks. I was gonna post a reminder, give Thomas a little nudge lol. Unless most of it is included in the status update...

16. JAHROME

JAHROME NI Product Owner

A lap top is not an MPC. There are 10 MPC models. They were all developed to a certain point until Akai moved on to the next model. This is how most businesses operate. Maschine will be developed until NI finds that further development is not profitable. Than Maschine will be exactly that forever. I have no idea if there will be another MPC. I have no idea if NI will develop Maschine any further than OS 1.6 or add features that many users want.

You said Akai makes minor improvements. But OS 1.2 and OS 2.0 for the MPC 5000 are completely different. It made the 5K a completely different product....no new features were really needed just a fine tuning of the OS is needed. You throw around the term dinosaur when you got catz like Kanye making tracks with an ASR-10 and MPC 2000. So you really don't have a valid argument. And you are still trying to debate with a Maschine user. lol

For pre-preproduction, I do not care how Maschine integrates with a DAW. I certainly don't want to open up a DAW or software editor to do anything. Maschine as a stand alone production center is all I need. VST support does this for me. It will allow me to use plugins that are better samplers and FX processors. But I am still all for improvements that will make it even better. I don't care if the updates are free or cost several hundred dollars. I will buy it as long as the product is better. Seriously....how can people continue to debate whether NI should add these features many forums members have wrote about? Some outstanding ideas have been dreamed up and presented here. I tell you what...use OS 1.5 or 1.6....forever. When they release a more powerful OS that incorporates these feature requests..don't jump on the band wagon. Continue using the older OS.

17. Rationalizer

Rationalizer NI Product Owner

I see no point in this debate that's been going on a couple of pages. If you haven't noticed, Jarohme, this is a Native Instruments forum. The topic of this thread is "Coming up: Free Maschine update with VST/AU plugin hosting". So why are you on about MPC?

18. res308

res308 Forum Member

19. TJ

TJ NI Product Owner

I was gonna post that! :lol:

20. JAHROME

JAHROME NI Product Owner

How can I put this mildly...

Me and several gentleman were have a peaceful conversation regarding VST implementation that we are all excited about. Over several threads we talked about all the VSTs will will use in Maschine. Here is a quick recap: I will use Native Instrument's Battery 3..been a registered user since Battery 2.

We continued our conversation talking about additional features...some announced and some not announced. MPC is relevant because some of the announced features are similar to an MPC (pad link) and numerous other feature requests by numerous NI Forum members are also similar to an MPC. So with that said...I won't use MPC in this topic. Can I use MV-8800 instead? No? Then I will simply discuss feature requests. And do it in threads where people are more civil, respectful, and have the same wants/needs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.