1. We're currently conducting systematic tests with the release version of macOS 11 (Big Sur) in order to offer full compatibility of our products as soon as possible. You can find our latest compatibility status - here

Please note that although announced at the same time as macOS Big Sur, Apple Silicon processors are an independent release with separate compatibility concerns for NI products. Compatibility with macOS Big Sur will not yet ensure compatibility with Apple Silicon processors. At the moment, Native Instruments products are not supported on computers with Apple Silicon processors. Read more - here

Dismiss Notice

Solved Commercial Use of Komplete Start

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Patlabor, Nov 24, 2020.

1. Patlabor

Patlabor New Member

Hello.

I recently learned about Native Instruments and Komplete Start bundle which is offered for free. I installed it and it's pretty cool and would prove useful for my project.

I am currently working on a commercial video game (indie) and I was wondering about the Komplete Start license. Am I allowed to make commercial music using Komplete Start Bundle for free? There are no hidden costs or fees?

Thank you.

2. Matt @ NI

Matt @ NI Support Team NI Team

Just like all our products, you can use them to create commercial music at no extra cost.

Here is what we communicate about this topic:
    "All provided Samples, Instruments and Presets may be used for non-commercial or commercial music production and compositions anytime without any further permission by Native Instruments.
    It is only strictly prohibited to use single, combined or modified sounds from Native Instruments to create sound libraries, loop libraries, sample CDs or similar products, as the license granted is strictly limited to one person only - any trading, lending, renting, re-issuing, re-distribution or re-sale of sounds is not permitted under any circumstances"

3. Patlabor

Patlabor New Member

Sounds perfect. Thank you.