1. We're currently conducting systematic tests with the release version of macOS 11 (Big Sur) in order to offer full compatibility of our products as soon as possible. You can find our latest compatibility status - here

Please note that although announced at the same time as macOS Big Sur, Apple Silicon processors are an independent release with separate compatibility concerns for NI products. Compatibility with macOS Big Sur will not yet ensure compatibility with Apple Silicon processors. At the moment, Native Instruments products are not supported on computers with Apple Silicon processors. Read more - here

Dismiss Notice

Connecting iPad to Traktor S2 Mk3 SOLVED

Discussion in 'TRAKTOR DJ 2' started by Feerlyss, May 28, 2019.

1. Feerlyss

Feerlyss NI Product Owner

Not sure if there is a driver I need or what, I've looked and don't see any new drivers, but currently cannot connect my ipad to S2 Mk3 (yes I am powering with the wall charger for S2). It isn't charging and opening Traktor DJ 2 isn't connecting. Anyone else?

2. Sean McCabe

Sean McCabe NI Product Owner

Have you plugged the lightning cable into the ipad slot and have you tried in the setting general.

3. Feerlyss

yes everything is done correctly. cables are good just not working with my ipad

4. Sean McCabe

Which ipad and which version of ios.

5. Feerlyss

there are no app setting for Traktor DJ 2 other than use iTunes music/siri/location

6. Feerlyss

iPad Mini 2 (should be good to go) 12.3 iOS

7. Feerlyss

is anyone else even getting this to work yet? I haven't seen a post of any success

8. Sean McCabe

It might be the ipad bud it's from 2015.

9. Feerlyss

Man I highly doubt a 4 year old iPad is the problem. it's still on latest iOS. shouldn't be a problem at all

10. Sean McCabe

Maybe would be nice for a full list of requirements and a manual.

11. basile

basile NI Product Owner

I’d say any 64 bit iPad (one that can run iOS 11 and above) should be able to run this. I’ve a mini 4 and as soon as I plugged in the power supply to the s2 mk3 and connected the lightning cable from it to the iPad it prompted me to download the software for the controller. Analysing tunes does cripple it a fair bit at present - Tho there is 5000 odd on it!

12. Massimo977

Massimo977 New Member

you have to give more power to traktor.
    you need to connect the original usb cable to a power bank battery or power source.
    after this connect the ipad with apple cable.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Feerlyss

Here to report that it has to be the original apple cable. I had this awesome steel cable that works perfectly for everything syncing and charging but wasn't working for the Traktor S2. Soon as I plugged in the white apple cable all was well. Apple, you guys are really snobby lol

• Like Like x 1
  14. Massimo977

Massimo977 New Member

you dont understand me.
    i say original traktor usb cable (bundle with s2 mk3) connect to external power source. ipad dont give the necessary power. you need to use the apple cable for ipad, and also the usb cable with power adapter.
    you need to use two cables together, easy.
    if you connect the original traktor usb cable on power adapter or power bank you see the traktor power up and running. try.

Last edited: May 29, 2019
  15. Feerlyss

Sorry but you obviously didn’t read my post. I have the wall adapter. I don’t need to jump power through the usb. Just was having trouble with aftermarket cable to iOS port
    Thanks tho

16. Massimo977

Massimo977 New Member

ok sorry i have now read you have wall adapter. when you connect the wall adapter traktor led flashing correctly? ( power on boot sequence) without ipad?