Control KOMPAKT with MIDI controler?

Discussion in 'KOMPAKT' started by abthun, Mar 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. clevermind

clevermind Forum Member

ok,

last thing (if you plane to use Chainer) :

set "Midi transmit channel" to "All" (it defaults to 1) , by clicking on the arrow at the left of the slot where you have loaded Kompakt vsti plugin.

2. abthun

abthun NI Product Owner

1 is ok, because that is my keyboard channel :)

Cannot get Chainer work, though.
    It loads the KOMPAKT instrument
    but I just don´t know how to load
    the samples into KOMPAKT then.

I have no sound with chainer...

3. abthun

abthun NI Product Owner

Ah now it´s ok. Had to select editor 1!

So, now we are talking about changing the volume with a MIDI controller.... :)

4. clevermind

clevermind Forum Member

For loading instruments or multis, use editor 1 (built-in editor)

For defining midi controlers, use editor 2
    (open the editor then right click on the parameter you wish to control with midi).

If you still have no sound :

1) Have you selected asio4all as the audio driver, the right audio output, your keyboard midi driver as the input, and is your instrument listening on the right channel ?

2) Open asio4all panel control in "System/settings" then check that output is running (green).
    if not, it can be because another audio software is running (asio4all can't work so,it is exclusive).

5. abthun

abthun NI Product Owner

It works!
    All I had to to was invoking
    Editor 2, select Inst Vol and
    "Learn".
    Then I moved my controller and there was ...

LIGHT!

;-)

6. clevermind

clevermind Forum Member

ok, great

Talking about Chainer Midi Transmit Channel (and midi channel in Cubase midi tracks) :

it is an output setting ,not an input setting;
    it means that if you load an instrument in Kompakt and set it to listen on channel 2 (assuming your keyboard transmits on channel 2) : you will hear nothing from this instrument if the midi transmit channel is set to another value than 2 or All.

In other words : if the midi transmit channel is set to "All" , the incoming midi channel value is not modified;
    with all other values, it is forced to them on output,whatever the incoming channel value was.

7. clevermind

clevermind Forum Member

I forgot to mention that you can load Kompakt VSTi ou DXi plugin in Fruity Loops (free demo version) ;
    Midi controlling will work too, and you will be able to use FL audio effects on multiple outputs.

8. Kabeltrommel

Kabeltrommel NI Product Owner

Hi Clevermind,

saw your reply to the above question. KOMPAKT works well in my environment as plugin to Cubase SE. Can you advise how to use my controller KORG microKontrol to control the KOMPAKT parameters?

Tnx!

9. clevermind

clevermind Forum Member

Hi,

The picture you are talking about shows how to assign midi controllers in Console standalone or Console VSTi plugin.

With Cubase, you can use Chainer VSTi plugin instead (free version) :

load Chainer VSTi in Cubase instruments rack, then Kompakt VSTi in Chainer first slot.

In Cubase "All MIDI Inputs" , add you midi keyboard and your midi controller device.

Set your midi tracks input to "All Midi Inputs" and your midi tracks output to "Chainer VSTi".

10. Kabeltrommel

Kabeltrommel NI Product Owner

Thanks for your quick reply, I will try out your proposal.

Regards,

Kabeltrommel

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.