1. Hi everyone,

We have just announced our latest version of the Komplete bundles.

Find out more about the bundles and the newly added instruments

Komplete 13 is available for pre-order now, and will become available for download on October 1, 2020.

Best wishes, 
    The NI Team

Dismiss Notice

Controlling loop length with Maschine MK3

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by Becky.street, May 10, 2018.

1. Becky.street

Becky.street New Member

So I haven't used my Maschine MK3 for about a month and I've come back to the new update and I can't seem to figure out how to change the loop length by just using the MK3. Before, you could hold down the scene button and hold the scene where you want to start the loop and tap the scene where you want to end the loop but that doesn't seem to be working for me anymore. Is there a setting I should change or a new way to do it with the new update?

This is my first post so I'm really hoping I've posted this in the right place.

Thanks in advance.

2. Uwe303

Uwe303 NI Product Owner

Unfortunately it's shift+scenes now even if you are not in arranger view that's really an issue tu me.

Uwe

P. S. I'm on maschine studio but I guess it's the same for mk3

3. D-One

D-One Moderator Moderator

I am finding this to be annoying as well, I should have known this was coming since on the MK3 SCENE is the main text on the button while Section is smaller and therefore a secondary Shift function... I'll investigate if there's a way to make a custom modification to have the old behavior back.

4. Becky.street

Becky.street New Member

This still isn't working for me, do you just have to hold down shift and scene and then select where you want the loop to begin and end?

5. D-One

SHIFT+SCENE should open the Section Menu and there should be a Length value above the 4th Knob.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 31, 2020
  6. Becky.street

Becky.street New Member

See this for me just changes the length of the scene but I want to know how to change the overall loop length. The light grey area in the picture where your selecting more than one scene to play from/to when you press the restart button on the MK3.

IMG_20180510_185854.jpg IMG_20180510_185854.jpg

7. D-One

OOHHH, sorry my bad.
    Press the first Pad and hold it, then the Last.
    Lets say you have 8 Sections if you press and hold Pad4 then Pad8 Maschine will loop Pads: 4, 5, 6, 7 and 8.

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. Becky.street

Becky.street New Member

No worries. I've tried this and I used to do it like that before the update but thats not working on mine anymore, when I press scene and the hold down the pads or when I press shift and scene and hold down the pads. All of my hardware and software is up to date so im not sure why its not working

9. D-One

Thats odd...
    Are you holding Shift+Scene+Pads Or Shift+Scene then Pad and hold?

10. Becky.street

Becky.street New Member

Yeah when I try It while holding shift it doesn't work. It used to work without having to hold shift but that now doesn't work either

11. D-One

You don't need Shift anymore, just the pads.
    Try in the Arranger Menu.

12. Becky.street

Becky.street New Member

I hadn't thought of that! It works, thank you so much!

• Like Like x 1
  13. D-One

No problem :)
    Its strange it doesn't work for you in the Section Menu though.
    I am also not sure how to make a Loop from the hardware that starts at the middle of a section for example, I remember that was possible on the Studio but can't find a way in the Mk3.

14. Becky.street

Becky.street New Member

I know its strange. I haven't sound a way to do that either, im not sure if its possible with the MK3.