1. Hi everyone,

Apple just released Logic Pro 10.5 for MacOS 10.15. We found out that Massive X, Crush Pack, Mod Pack, Replika, and Replika XT will crash.

Our teams are currently working on a fix, and we hope to have this out to you as soon as we can!

Best wishes, 
    The NI Team

Dismiss Notice

Convince me to give up Torq and buy TS!

Discussion in 'TRAKTOR SCRATCH' started by Punky921, Dec 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Punky921

Punky921 NI Product Owner

Interesting. I figured the LFO sync-ed, Xone emulated filters would be very "musical" - interesting that they don't do that with any of the phaser / flanger things in Traktor

2. bigbadselecta

bigbadselecta Forum Member

3. dj mutley

dj mutley NI Product Owner

torq on vista really sucks it glitches like crazy w 2k ram

feels like a toy............i have it sitting on the shelf

if it works for you stay w / it

4. djquartz

djquartz NI Product Owner

5. nem0nic

nem0nic Forum Member

I don't get it. It's now the most expensive DVS on the market. Are you referring to the free 3.3? If so, I would call that a good reason as well (and a limited time reason).

Also, in my experience, everything in Vista is glitchy. How's TS running in Vista for you?

6. nem0nic

nem0nic Forum Member

Hey Punky, hit me up via email. I have a crossgrade I might be able to give you, but we need to see how that effects your 3.3 offer. If it DOES work out, it will save you some money on TS, and you'll get to keep your other DVS. We could use another good user like yourself to provide some input, and I certainly don't need the update. Let me know if you're interested, and I'll research it further.

If it IS possible, it will save you $200.

7. Punky921

2K RAM? If you've got 2K RAM, you've got a really... unique... version of Windows Vista. I think you mean 2 gigs. But everything on Vista sucks these days.

8. djquartz

djquartz NI Product Owner

Yes I was refferring to the free 3.3 offer and Shure Needles.

9. Punky921

The free Shure needles are tempting, but I'm getting it for about $475 elsewhere and I already have M44gs.

10. fella

fella NI Product Owner

Are you serious?
    Can't confirm that.
    Are you playing mp3's in lowbitrate?
    Do files on your pc/mac sound better with another soundcard or cd player?
    Maybe your audio8 is produced on a blue monday.These things happen.
    Try to get another one for a/b comparing.

Today I listened to my set with KRK rp6's borrowed from a friend.All I can say is that the mids are softer compared too my cdj mk2's.Have too turn the mids on the mixer a little up.
    But I shure like the sound.Not bad at all.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2007
  11. fella

fella NI Product Owner

I prefer effects on the mixer, no matter how good the software effects are.
    It's better working for me.

12. dj mutley

1.8 dual turion chip w/2k ram traktor works great on vista

13. dj mutley

sorry for double post

works great on vista 1.8 turion 64x2 2k ram tablet 2k equals to a lil over 2gigs of ram

Last edited: Dec 13, 2007
  14. nem0nic

nem0nic Forum Member

I can confirm it. I ended up testing 2 different A8DJ interfaces and got similar results.

In the grand scheme of things, the A8DJ "sounds" fine. But it doesn't test as well as a DVS interface that costs half as much (the Torq/Conectiv package), and is nowhere near as good as a non-DJ interface that retails for $100 USD less than the A8DJ alone (the M-Audio Firewire 410). That's just the way it is.

15. Punky921

Very very interesting. How does it stack up against that Ableton DJ favorite, the MOTU Ultralite? Ever get a chance to test one of those?

16. nem0nic

nem0nic Forum Member

I've played with an ultralite, but not tested one. One of the freelancers at work has one, but we're in off season and I won't see him again until the beginning of next year.

17. fella

fella NI Product Owner

Sure, I agree, there always are soundcards that sound better, even at lower prices.But I was reffering to the guy who said that the audio 8 doesn't have a great sound, I disagree, just like you said, it sounds fine.

Just curious, did you also tested SSL?
    How is the sound of their box?

Great info on your homepage about groundloop issues.
    Thumbs up.

18. nem0nic

nem0nic Forum Member

It DOESN'T have great sound. It gets sand kicked in it's face by a $250 DVS interface. This shouldn't happen with a product that has a $700 MSRP. And while I will be the first to admit that for DJ applications this isn't a real problem, the A8DJ is being thrown around as a card to be used in other applications. This is where it falls down.

Their box is more noisy and prone to interference by design, but testing it is tricky. Even with the ASIO driver, the SL-1 loads itself as a USB device, but does not make itself available to the Windows multimedia system. This is why so many apps don't see the SL-1 as an audio interface.

I suspect that this is done on purpose, and if so, it also explains why the CoreAudio driver is still delayed. I'm currently testing my SL-1 at work on the Goldline, but I want to have someone experienced in Windows drivers to take a look at the SL-1 driver and see if it can be amended to make it more available to Windows (thus allowing it to be tested with the commonly available Rightmark software).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.