1. We're currently conducting systematic tests with the release version of macOS 11 (Big Sur) in order to offer full compatibility of our products as soon as possible. You can find our latest compatibility status - here

Please note that although announced at the same time as macOS Big Sur, Apple Silicon processors are an independent release with separate compatibility concerns for NI products. Compatibility with macOS Big Sur will not yet ensure compatibility with Apple Silicon processors. At the moment, Native Instruments products are not supported on computers with Apple Silicon processors. Read more - here

Dismiss Notice

Crash on Batch Import

Discussion in 'Technical Issues - KOMPLETE (Archive)' started by bsamuels, Jul 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bsamuels

bsamuels Forum Member

I have tried importing several foreign formats with marginal success, Roland format Orchestral Family for examples crashes the application after converting about half of the files successfully. Similar results with other discs. Also attempting to batch convert these files results in a crash. Any thoughts?

2. David Das

David Das Moderator Moderator

Have you updated to the latest version of Kontakt (3.0.2)? Also, when you're inside Kontakt, click on the Kontakt logo to bring up the About screen. It will show you the current version of Import Version, which is the extension that handles importing. Mine is showing 1.1.0.032.

3. bsamuels

bsamuels Forum Member

Yes, I have the latst version 3.02.004 and the import version is the same as yours.

4. Kush23

Kush23 NI Product Owner

Me too

Version 3.02 Windows XP SP2

5. Seventhfactor

Seventhfactor New Member

Same here. Kontakt 3.02.004
    Import version 1.10.032

Crashes on batch re-save.

Kontakt crashes so much i barely use it. It crashes Logic, it crashes Live. It's only remotely stable when running in stand-alone mode.

6. David Das

David Das Moderator Moderator

The crash on batch resave is a known issue and I know NI is aware of it.

General instability is not a known issue. I myself am using Kontakt daily for hours on end with no crashes (except batch resave :)). This points to something fundamental with your computer. Have you tried running general disk maintenance utilities? Repairing permissions? DiskWarrior? Cron jobs? Etc...

7. Seventhfactor

Seventhfactor New Member

I would love to use kontakt hours on end with no crashes. The thing i like about Kontakt is the deep editing and effects along with the fact that i can make patches and open them in PT, Logic, or Live!

Ever since I installed kore 2, then the komplete upgrade (bought both at the same time) Kontakt has never been stable. So far today it has crashed on me 3 times. Just using the browser to load nki's! This is in stand-alone mode.

I've tried permissions - not diskwarrior or any of those yet. I'm considering a full format and re-install of everything on my macbook pro. Although that would take over 24+ work hours... Everything is stable except Komplete. I already sent a crash report... should i submit another?

8. Seventhfactor

Seventhfactor New Member

for clarification. My stability problems were due to non-NI problems. Ni support was helpful to walk me through preference trashing and then a re-install. I created a new test os partition on an external HD. I installed kore 2 and Komplete5 on a basic OS X leopard install. Kontakt and all of komplete is running flawlessly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.