Crazy 'bout the hanging notes (sustain pedal)

Discussion in 'KOMPLETE KONTROL SERIES' started by Ageeth, Feb 13, 2020.

1. Ageeth

Ageeth New Member

Hi, since it came out I am the owner of a M88 Komplete Kontrol keyboard (series 1). From the beginning I am having issues with the sustain pedal. Randomly it does not react to note-off commands (lifting my foot from the pedal). So the sustain keeps going. Again today when I was recording a professional keyboard player, it went quit messy with the sustain. For years I hoped it would be fixed with an update, tried several solutions (lowering the max midi value to 126 etc.). Nothing works. Is there a definite fix? Happens in Protools, Logic and stand alone. Anyone?

2. p1afff

p1afff NI Product Owner

Did you check the polarity of your pedal settings in KK software ?

3. Ageeth

Ageeth New Member

Thanks for the reply! Yep, I have tried many 'solutions' (quit a few people had or have the issue). But I'll check it again. Who knows?
    Thanks again.

4. p1afff

p1afff NI Product Owner

yes sometimes the polarity setting in KK does not display its real status. You have to toggle it again. This happened to me after a firmware update in the past for example.

5. Ageeth

Ageeth New Member

I wonder if I should set the ring to off...?

6. Ageeth

Ageeth New Member

Well, nothing worked. Play a few bars piano with sustain pedal in and out and chords ring through. Very frustrating! Anyone the golden clue?

7. p1afff

p1afff NI Product Owner

Check for an option in DAWs that is called something like "Reset Controllers on Stop". What can happen is that if you stop at some point and there is Sustain Pedal data ON, then for the receiving device, it's like you'd actually press the pedal.Could be that. That would not explain the case when in Standalone though. Did your last tests were made in standalone too ? Or only in DAWs ?

8. Ageeth

Ageeth New Member

Hi there. Thanks for the reply! I have the weird pedal behavior in both Protools and LogicPro. Ever since I bought the keyboard actually. It happens every time during recording, so when I am in the stand alone mode it does not happen that often ('though it does happen sometimes). Quit often I have been at the point off selling the Native Keyboard because of this. So stupid, never had it before with any other keyboard. But I'll have a look inside my daw's for this reset controllers. Thanks.