1. Hi everyone,

Apple just released Logic Pro 10.5 for MacOS 10.15. We found out that Massive X, Crush Pack, Mod Pack, Replika, and Replika XT will crash.

Our teams are currently working on a fix, and we hope to have this out to you as soon as we can!

Best wishes, 
    The NI Team

Dismiss Notice

create BiSaw Sync in Reaktor 5.6 (not Blocks)

Discussion in 'REAKTOR' started by TheTick, Jan 13, 2020.

1. Moshe B

Moshe B NI Product Owner

you can use primary event smoother instead

use 4pole HP filter instead

2. TheTick

TheTick NI Product Owner

Ok the Event Smoother is easy enough - but the AND module and filter are a different story. The AND looks like it uses 2 different kinds of inputs (signal and logic I believe) but the one in core (in the picture) doesn't deal with Logic. Plus the Butterworth on your schematic has a SR input and I cannot find any core filters that have that input (see pic also).
    upload_2020-1-16_16-20-46.png

3. Moshe B

Moshe B NI Product Owner

its not my cod. colB made it maybe he can be more helpful if he can find the time for this..

#EDIT: i downloaded the file that colB made here is what is inside of the AND macro
    AND.png

4. Paule

Paule NI Product Owner

It's a smoother.

5. Moshe B

Moshe B NI Product Owner

Last edited: Jan 17, 2020
  6. TheTick

TheTick NI Product Owner

Moshe - thx a bunch for jumping in - I didn't want to be bothering colB like a buzzing fly on a hot day. I rebuilt both modules and now am not getting any output. The first pic is from the "oscillator":
    upload_2020-1-16_18-59-36.png

And this is the outer structure - I just used a 1 pole LP in place of the Butterworth (for now - thanks for the link) and left the smoother (thx Paule for that)
    upload_2020-1-16_19-1-14.png

7. Moshe B

Moshe B NI Product Owner

I am not sure why is that you don't get a sound - try to put a button to the hp input and change the compare hp == 1 to an integer. if that is not working try without a filter.

#EDIT1:
    this is the top level of the file
    01.png

#EDIT2:
    also I not sure if your Z-1 is a feed backward or forward (its need to be a feedforward).

8. Moshe B

Moshe B NI Product Owner

without a filter example:
    02.png

03.png
    in Ampl input connect a knob range from 0..1 or constant of 1

9. colB

colB NI Product Owner

Can you check what types of inputs you have on the core cell for the different inputs - are they set to audio or event?
    The sync input should be audio, but the rest should be event.
    (R5 had a different system of core cells with two different types and more restrictions, but iirc the audio cell had two settings for inputs)

10. TheTick

TheTick NI Product Owner

Hey Moshe,
    Ok, I did make the changes you suggested and still have no output. So after a little troubleshooting, I saw that no output was coming out of the "oscillator" macro. When I changed the x-a value from .5 to .75 I see an output on the meters but am getting no waveform:
    upload_2020-1-17_7-39-57.png
    And, I am not sure if it is feedforward or feedback but here is the structure inside the z-1 macro:
    upload_2020-1-17_7-40-54.png
    This was working when colB said to remove the rst so maybe there is still something wrong in that area?

11. TheTick

TheTick NI Product Owner

Ok, so I figured it out. I revived the oscillator that did work and made a 2nd core macro. I put all of the new code into there and then one at a time connected the inputs to the working oscillator and that worked. I think it was a frequency issue - but regardless. It works.
    I want to thank colB, Paule and Moshe - I sincerely appreciate all of the feedback and help that you gave me to get this done.
    I am hoping to get something up on YouTube in the next month and I will certainly invite you to check it out.
    Again, thanks and have a great day all!

TT

• Like Like x 1
  12. Moshe B

Moshe B NI Product Owner

About the z-1 I'm don't know what is going on in R5 I was started using Reaktor after 6 got released. any way this is what the z-1 feedforward got inside 04.png

13. TheTick

TheTick NI Product Owner

Hey cool! Let me go in and try that in 5. Thx again Moshe!

14. TheTick

TheTick NI Product Owner

Ok, the original z-1 structure in R5 is on the top and I rebuilt it to your specs on the bottom - both work - I will keep yours...

upload_2020-1-17_9-47-42.png

15. Moshe B

Moshe B NI Product Owner

the latch that is after the 0 input you connected it to SR.Rate it needs to be SR.Reset, R5 don't have a SR.Reset connection?

16. TheTick

TheTick NI Product Owner

No when you right click it is just the SR.R

17. Moshe B

Moshe B NI Product Owner

I don't know than. if its works so its fine i guess..

#EDIT:
    04.png
    try this instead..

18. TheTick

TheTick NI Product Owner

Ok, got it in place and everything is still working fine.
    Thanks for that Moshe...

19. colB

colB NI Product Owner

for the z^-1, don't try to recreate the R6 version - you can't !

use the R5 one, but connect the wire from the sync input to both inputs of the z^-1 module. Then it won't be driven unless there is some input to it (at tleast internally - not sure about what happens at the Primary/core boundary in R5 - it's been a long time :))

• Informative Informative x 2
  20. TheTick

TheTick NI Product Owner

*sigh* well Moshe - when I got home and hooked everything up, I noticed that I didn't connect the "rst" to the chain.
    As soon as I do that the oscillator stops working. If I take it off, it works but it tends to "wander" in its phase and is not rock solid...
    upload_2020-1-17_19-57-34.png