1. Please do not install macOS 10.15 Catalina yet, as Native Instruments software and hardware products are not supported under macOS 10.15 yet. For more info, please go HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

Creating a knob wish Massive-like (range) control?

Discussion in 'Building With Reaktor' started by zoobooboozoo, Jul 6, 2014.

1. zoobooboozoo

zoobooboozoo Member

Hi all.

I'm building a multi filters FX in reaktor and I want my cutoff knobs to have a range like in massive (the blue range on the dry/wet knob):
    [​IMG]

Is it possible to achieve easily or do I need to make separate controls for the starting points and the range by multiplying the knob value by another knob value that would range from 0-1 ?

2. Big Gnome

Big Gnome NI Product Owner

Definitely not a simple task, but doable: check out Proton 7 by Stephen Becker in the UL which uses a pretty much identical modulation scheme to Massive. It's all pretty comprehensible at an intermediate/advanced level; there are a few minor bugs having to to with values occasionally lingering from snapshot or some such if memory serves, which are fairly easy to fix (I forget what all I did, but I can upload a sceenshot if you like).

3. salamanderanagram

salamanderanagram NI Product Owner

i just made a vid for this, should be up soon...

4. zoobooboozoo

zoobooboozoo Member

Couldn't find it Big Gnome. and I'd love a screenshot.

Waiting for your tut salamanderanagram. also sent you a PM about something else :)

5. Big Gnome

Big Gnome NI Product Owner

Proton 7 is here-- http://www.native-instruments.com/en/community/reaktor-user-library/entry/show/6353/

There are two or three of these structures for each knob--one for each modulation slot (that is, for each "ring"). The receive module receives modulation signals (envelopes, LFOs, etc), and which is selected by the IC send. The stacked macro contains graphics for the colored rings. You can fix the snapshot updating bug I mentioned by connecting the out put of the upper Snap Value module, the one connected to the Mouse Area's Y output, to the Mouse Area's BY input.

Attached Files:

6. salamanderanagram

salamanderanagram NI Product Owner

here's the easiest method i know of.

obviously there is some more you can do with this - set the multi-display to have an invisible background, etc. this video is just for creating the ring image. give it a +1 or a comment if it helps!

• Like Like x 2