Creating Skins/Bitmaps

Discussion in 'Building With Reaktor' started by Ctazza, Dec 4, 2005.

1. Paule

Paule NI Product Owner

tubaman, I can load the PSD for CS3 by Jonathan in my CS2. Only some fonts missing.

2. Horuschild

Horuschild NI Product Owner

the fonts! I should have changed those to a common one. Sorry on that.

3. Abracadabra

Abracadabra New Member

Sorry if i've missed this but-

Is there a way to control the position of Reaktor GUI knobs, faders, buttons etc.

thanks

Reuben

4. Horuschild

In what way?

There is a 4pixel grid when arranging panel elements. There is not way to turn that off.

As for creating a skins you can load it into the properties background picture or the method I prefer load it into a picture module. The advantage of the picture module when arrange several instruments with the automatic layout it will continue to dulicate the skin which look very stupid and is annoying. A picture module will give you control when you go to layout the skin by allow you to determine the actuaul area in pixels.

hope this helps.

5. ZooTooK

ZooTooK NI Product Owner

Abracadabra, you can move any GUI object when you've clikced on the little wrench on the instruments top bar, with the 4 pixel limit as Jonathan point out.

If you want to control the objects position from within the structure you can't unless you use the multipicture module.

You do have the option to hide panel objects or groups of obejcts, though.

6. Abracadabra

Abracadabra New Member

Thanks for the usefull info !

Reuben

7. Horuschild

I cant image why they are BMP or TGA files. I don't use skinman only knobman I load it into reaktor and post it all the time. I use both XP and Vista but not a mac although I don't think the mac people have a problem with my uploads. I don't know if XNview works on mac but try to save as PNG and convert to TGA using that perhaps that will cure the windows bug.

You might want to try different amount of frames ( I like 78 or 127 but honestly I it has never been a problem) or perhaps export it as individual frames and use something like PNG strip to stitch it all if it persists and then convert it.

Sorry I can t be of more help then this Knobman should be fairly stable by now.

Do not save in knobman as 'all files' or whatever its called. Use PNG and TGA and if you can to waste time with loading images that are not PNGS to get alpha layers it doesn't produce much for descent results.

8. herw

herw NI Product Owner

Why shouldn't work a TGA-file on a Mac? A TGA-file is normed. If there is a reason that a knob is not working then probably the settings of the multipicture or knob are not right. The TGA-format can not be the reason.

ciao herw

9. Horuschild

Are the knobs made in knobman by g200kg?
    Which version? Get the latest V1.26.
    What platform are you running knobman on?
    Are you loading the images into a standard knob using the properties panel?

I am going to post a few knobs I made on a PC using knobman version 1.26

Files included:

knobman files (.knob)

Export as TGA (40px per frame_78frames)

TGA loaded into Reaktor panel elements (standard knobs).

Try loading my TGA's in and see if you are still having a problem. If so, try using the ensemble to see if that is working for you on a mac. If the above conditions work, try exporting TGA's using my files and see if it works. Please let me know how it goes.

If there is still a problem post an example, perhaps I can help if I am involved directly with something concrete.

Alternative: read KVR thread in DSP Development concerning knobman. Post problem. g200kg will often respond to posts and note problems for future updates.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2008
  10. Horuschild

:S
    good luck.

11. Horuschild

I did try that once and I gave up. I was not able to get more then one image. Interesting effort you are making.

12. herw

herw NI Product Owner

i have downloaded horuschild's tga-files and i can load them into GraficConverter and into REAKTOR (multipicture and knobskin).
    There are no problems.

ciao herw

PS: didn't try multidisplay - i will do

13. herw

herw NI Product Owner

knobman: left- or right-aligned numbers?

I am using knobman on my mac (FMFusion/Vista32) - it's a nice tool.

my question : is it possible to create a number strip with right- or left- aligned numbers? (syntax of a number text)

ciao herw

14. Horuschild

do you want the numbers to change in place? Not sure what you mean.

15. herw

herw NI Product Owner

yes, i want to create my own numeric readout. So i need a new skin of numbers from -1.00 to 1.00. It is no problem to create such TGA-strip with knobman but the numbers are centered. I want to get them f.i. right-aligned.

ciao herw

Attached Files:

• _1.gif
      _1.gif
      File size:
      1.2 KB
      Views:
  16. Horuschild

Herw I have tried this out but it has problems. I can not align it left and right. I do not know why I can not pad it. The padding is done in the format string but all my attempts to add this has conflicted with the formating needed for the decimal places. I don’t know if it’s me not knowing what I am doing, this very likely, or if it’s the program and I simply do not have that option.

I also had to made it -10.00:10.001 in order for it to display (-/+) 10. If I did not do this is displays -10.00 -9.99.

edit: I made another attempt at it. I hound that I was limited in the amount of frames that I could make, I was able to 1400. Its not really effective considering the frames needed. I put an example ens so you can see what I am doing perhaps you could work something out.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2008
  17. Horuschild

Herw g200kg how updated knobman to v1.27. You are now able to adjust the align to left,right, center.

18. herw

herw NI Product Owner

i love it :D
    g200kg has big ears.

how can i get REAKTOR's font?

Last edited: Nov 23, 2008
  19. loadammo

loadammo NI Product Owner

font installs? You mean the MINIML font? That's a commercial/licensed font, although there are a couple free ones that are similar (actually, they might even be the ones NI used.. but.. I dunno)

This is the guy who made at least the panel UI font

http://www.miniml.com/

Scroll to the bottom.

20. Horuschild

as posted in the UL here is the source material for the knoOoby knob inspired by Bernd Keil.

File includes: .psd (CS3), exported png layers, Knobman file, and exported .tga used in the upload.

Note you will need Knobman v1.32 you can get it here at g200kg's website if you don't have it yet.

http://www.g200kg.com/en/software/index.html

Last edited: Jan 7, 2010