Cremona Quartet Instruments not stopping

Discussion in 'General Production Forum' started by Jon Burr, Dec 16, 2020.

1. Jon Burr

Jon Burr New Member

In ProTools, when hitting the spacebar to stop playback while mixing or editing, the Cremona Quartet instruments don't stop if they're in mid-note at the stop point. To get them to quit, you have to find a spot in the file with a Note Off - send in the midi to stop the loop.
    Even Pro Tools' "All Notes Off" command doesn't stop them from continuing to loop. So far, the only solution is to either resume playback or find a spot in the file with a "Note Off" message in the midi and hit play there.
    It's annoying, really slows down the mix/edit process.
    Any known workarounds?

2. Jon Burr

Jon Burr New Member

Turns out it was a temporary plugin conflict. I had WAVES Smack Attack active on another track... deactivating it cleared the problem, and it didn't return when I reactivated it.
    This was thanks to Chris at NI support, who sent back a video of the file starting and stopping fine, and mentioned he didn't have all the plugins active in the session, and I might think about looking there. Yup.

3. Marc Baijens

Marc Baijens New Member

I'v got the same here in PT, very annoying.

4. Jon Burr

Jon Burr New Member

NI support advised me it's probably a plugin conflict.
    I've noticed it's not just a Waves plugin, but also Session Guitarist (Picked) that causes it.

5. Marc Baijens

Marc Baijens New Member

Hey Guys,
    Since I added Cremona to my system protools won't start up within large sessions, with BBC, Amplesound etc.
    When I remove Cremona there's no problem at all..... It seems that the combination with large other libraries is an issue. iMac i9. 128 GB. 10 core