Crossfader ON the Z2 calibration?

Discussion in 'KONTROL Z2' started by jessrox78, Nov 3, 2012.

1. DJ KRuZe

DJ KRuZe New Member

Just an update regarding the last post I put up. Just turned on the mixer for a bit of a scratch sesh, and bleeding fader AGAIN! So I tried the

Please switch on you Z2 holding the follwing buttons:
    FX 2 A + FX 2 B + Cue A

and it didnt work. Something aint right here as I tried this 3 times and still bleeds. Still awaiting a reply from NI on all this. Will keep yall up to date. Dayam
    ---
    I may just bite the bullet and buy an Innofader Pro

2. P-Sharp

P-Sharp New Member

i tried that too and no luck. its the best felt crossfader with the worse problems :(

3. j-kut

j-kut Forum Member

Got my 3rd Z2 on thursday, and this one is fine so far...
    66% failure rate ain't pretty.

4. thoms

thoms NI Product Owner

My Xf is as good as it gets. it sactually the best Xf I have ever tried. On my first z2 it Sucked but on this new one its excellent

5. darcyd

darcyd New Member

Very interested in the Z2, but seems like there are some serious core problems. I'm gonna wait till NI gets it sorted out. Or till a reasonably priced 57 comes my way.

6. DJ KRuZe

DJ KRuZe New Member

NI are sending me a replacement crossfader really hope this one works the way it should. Has anyone figured out a way of loosening the stiff line faders yet or has anyone installed an innofader pro in the Z2?

7. NDK001

NDK001 New Member

Received my Z2 couple days ago. I had it sitting in the box at home whilst I was on tour and very excited to get home and replace my HAK360 with my Z2.

Very disappointed. The cut in on the left side of the cross fader is 4mm. I cant use it like this.
    ---
    Here is my ticket number. Ticket#2012120310010143

Please help NI.

8. jam-bar

jam-bar New Member

Crap, wish I read this thread before I purchased my Z2.

9. M-ManLA

M-ManLA Forum Member

Not sure if this will help anyone, but I was playing around with the S4 the other day, and It was bleeding. I looked up at the screen and notice on one of the decks, a letter wasn't selected (A,B,C,D). I selected a letter and it went away. Maybe something to check out.

10. Keir @ NI

Keir @ NI Community, man NI Team

Sorry to those of you that are experiencing problems. As some of you have mentioned, there have been issues with the mini-Innofaders built into some of the first Z2 units. We've been working with Innofader to resolve the problems and I'm happy to report the everything is now fixed.

However, if you currently own a Z2 and you're experiencing problems with your crossfader please contact NI Support, they will be able to get it sorted and if they can't do that over the phone/email, they'll exchange the faders free of charge. Please contact them via this link.

If you're waiting to hear back from support please drop me a Private Message and I'll chase up your case personally.

11. jam-bar

jam-bar New Member

Thanks Keir- I'll contact NI support and get the ball rolling. Glad you all have a solution as this mixer is badazz with exception of the x-fader lag.

12. Innofader

Innofader Forum Member

Hey All,

I have been in constant contact with people throughout NI and the mini Innofader manufacturer resolving this issue and can also confirm this issue has been resolved.

My sincerest apologies - all of this directly comes back to me. When I set up the production test procedure for these parts, I assumed that parts that successfully calibrated also accurately calibrated. The test procedure also checks the crossfader to make sure the output is within +/- 5% of linear for quality mixing. Unfortunately the combination of these tests wasn't enough to ensure accurate cut-in.

Immediately after we became aware of this problem in November 2012, we went through and fixed all of the mini Innofaders in process and sent out replacement parts to NI for fixing product already made. For each of these parts, we have gone through an extensive test and QC process to ensure that all of the parts have a tighter cut-in.

I am actually visiting the mini Innofader factory this week to implement new processes that will further ensure accurate and tight cut-in. The extensive manual testing is very time consuming as you can imagine so we will spend quite some time making sure that we can set up a production process that is efficient but also guarantees quality.

So please as Keir said, if you have any issues, please contact NI directly for support and they will get this fixed for you. This goes for both the large cut-in issue as well as the bleeding issue.

Some of you have also contacted me about upgrading the mini Innofader to an Innofader PNP or Innofader Pro. Of course I appreciate more business ;) and know these both work in the Z2, but here's the deal:

We stand behind the mini Innofader as well as all of our products. If you receive a product which is defective, you have the right to get it fixed. NI will support you and has our full backup on this. You are not required to upgrade to another Innofader product to fix this problem! Furthermore you are doing this at your own risk because the Z2 warranty does not cover the upgrade.

Feel free to contact me either on the forum or by email if you have any further questions or concerns about this matter. We're here to help!

Elliot

13. M-ManLA

M-ManLA Forum Member

That's some good customer service right there!

14. DJ KRuZe

DJ KRuZe New Member

Received my replacement crossfader yesterday. Installed it with ease and now my mixer is back to working how it was when I 1st got it. Great service from the guys at NI and in Elliot's above email great customer service is very rare these days and its good to know that you guys care about your customers. One happy scratcher here! Keep up the great work guys.

15. thoms

thoms NI Product Owner

Elliot. You have gotten yourself a devoted Innofaderuser due to your customertreatment. You are an example for all busnisses out there. Great work and Thx.

16. DJXCAL

DJXCAL NI Product Owner

No doubt. Ordering mine next week. Bam ;)

17. tretuna

tretuna NI Product Owner

I just want to say, that I got my Z2 in two days ago, and while I haven't been able to test it with scratching yet (tomorrow!) my Xfader seems to be pretty decent with a 1-2mm cut-in lag, which is pretty acceptable to me, hopefully it stays that way when I get to hook my vinyl tables up tomorrow!

18. thoms

thoms NI Product Owner

The XF is magnificent. Didnt think it would be that good, but I have a total crush on it :)

19. M-ManLA

M-ManLA Forum Member

hahah

20. dj_walshyboy

dj_walshyboy NI Product Owner

I wonder if the units already shipped to stores will ALL have this issue or only some.. There is units in my country but no demo model in the store beside me so I'm tentative but really want :S