1. Please do not install macOS 10.15 Catalina yet, as Native Instruments software and hardware products are not supported under macOS 10.15 yet. For more info, please go HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

Crossfader ON the Z2 calibration?

Discussion in 'KONTROL Z2' started by jessrox78, Nov 3, 2012.

1. DJNickSaunders

DJNickSaunders New Member

Yeah Same problem on my Z2 cut in is around 4mm. Real shame as the fader feels buttery smooth!

Just opened at Ticket for this too. Hopefully NI will be back quickly with a replacement fader soon!

Great product, hopefully NI iron out the issues and get the units in the field sorted!

2. Ravencourtboyo

Ravencourtboyo New Member

Ticket#2013042810000335] I said I would post here when I have received my crossfader. I have received it and installed and I am very pleased..I found NI Support to be very helpful and Daniel from the Support team was always prompt and helpful..Thumbs up...to the guys that are waiting, be polite and I'm sure you will be sitting pretty soon with a fully functional Z2...I'm impressed with this mini Innofader, it has a nice feel. I'm sitting at home with a Rane 61 and Z2 and I am spoilt for choice with two different but powerful mixers. put an F1 with the Z2 and that is a lot of fun. Good work.

3. Punky921

Punky921 NI Product Owner

Glad to hear that it worked out!

4. Dj Vortex

Dj Vortex Forum Member

I have to send my entire mixer back to NI for them to look at it. Can somebody who has a 100% working mixer tell me if the cut out is when the fader is pressed right against the sidewall or is there a tiny bit of room before it cuts out?

5. mujagawudakhi

mujagawudakhi NI Product Owner

Just bought myself a Z2, I've been in mail contact with Elliot and he told me I could install the original innofader in the Z2, I'm a little bit affraid since i would lose my warranty.

But surely after I get home today I'll test my faders... From what I've seen yesterday for a second, since i did not have time to play with it, I certainly did not get 1-2 mm cut in... But also, I did not calibrate the knobs , so I'll post my results here with video so you guys can tell me, if you are willing, do you have the same cut in as I...

I hope that my Z2 works as it should and also, hope that no one will have the same problems with the x-fader...

peace,
    muwu
    croatia
    ---
    Here are the video's i recorded of xfader tests on my stock S4 fader and my brand new Z2 that i bought yesterday... its very hard to do the crab's and everything else is difficult scratch wise on the Z2...

here are the videos on the dropbox, you can view them freely... thx

https://www.dropbox.com/s/uv3ma0ay835524k/20130611_121831.mp4

https://www.dropbox.com/s/whgsyyywthzsgwg/20130611_122149.mp4

I used cheap numark dxm06 with the original innofader , for 3 years, it was great... and now this... :( seems strange that im unable to do all my scratch doings on the z2 that i did pretty well on the 3year old innofader... im not qbert, but i know difference when i hear it... also, my latency is the same for a year now, since i use the same laptop, its around 6,8 ms... so everything was the same before the Z2...

If anyone can respond to me and say is this normal cut in on the z2? on the S4 I have the perfect 1mm cut and on the Z2 its around 3-4mm... and i calibrated the knobs, and the fader, and my knob for xfader is the way to the right on the z2...

Pls, Elliot and NI staff, what should I do?

Should I get back my Z2 to the shop and exchange for the new one, leave it there so they can send it for repair, or should I contact the support and wait for new mininnofader?

thx in advance

6. DJNickSaunders

DJNickSaunders New Member

New fader turned up from NI today fitted in 5 mins. Now cut is 1-2mm perfect!

In love with this mixer!

Thanks NI

7. mujagawudakhi

great happy for you man.... ive been in contact with NI also... today they have shipped me the new fader... hope i will also get 1-2 mm cut in on my new fader... the support was great... in 2 days after couple of mails they told me they will send the new fader... NI tnx

8. Innofader

Innofader Forum Member

@Muwu, Nick: Thanks for sharing here. It's good to hear this.

@Vortex: If all is working properly with the mixer and mini Innofader, you will not have this sidewall issue. Please work with NI to get this resolved.

9. mujagawudakhi

NP, Elliot... happy the be a customer of such a great company that takes care of its comunity... just want my new fader to be like it should have been in the first place... but ..looking forward to arrival of the new mininnofader :)...

10. mujagawudakhi

hey peeps... my new fader for the z2 just arrived and it works perfectly... the cut in is indeed 1mm and seems like a different mixer now...

i suggest anyone who has the same problem to do the same... just contact our NI support!

TNX NI for resolving my issue in less then a week!

11. Punky921

Glad it worked out!

12. dj pl

dj pl New Member

i think i have busted fader too :( left side gives sound right after the faceplate line but wont cut out before it touches the sidewall.. right side has about 2-3mm cut in point and cut out point is near 1mm to sidewall..

tried to calibrate it in traktor several times :( i was hoping to replace my rodec scratchbox + audio8 in tour but blah still no substitute for my trusty rodec + infinium fader

13. mujagawudakhi

bad bro... im suggesting you to contact support and if you are under warrinty im sure they will send you a new fader... i think this is best for you...

14. Punky921

Yeah, definitely speak with support.

15. Innofader

Innofader Forum Member

@dj pl: Again this is exactly the problem NI is equipped to handle. Please contact NI support directly and they will resolve this for you. Sorry for the trouble!

Elliot

16. galactikon

galactikon New Member

Sadly I have severe audio bleeding issues with this crossfader. Its only a fe weeks old and barely used, but now my Z2 is useless as a DJ mixer.

Here's my support ticket: Ticket#2013073010010958]

17. dj pl

dj pl New Member

support gave me a link yo firmware update.. they said it should fix this but im not happy with it can some one with working fader check these cut points

after FW update my left side cuts out sometimes before it touches the side but not allways so bleeding.. and right side still cut in and cut out point is different

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. space dust

space dust New Member

i am having the same issue. move x-fade to 1.6mm for for sound, then back to .3mm to turn off. i can get use to the 1.6 mm cut in, yet very frustrating for accurate scratching when the cut out distance is different.

sounds like the FW update just made a different problem.
    contacted tech support anyway.........

19. Innofader

Innofader Forum Member

@dj pl, spacedust - Again I keep saying this is not the correct function, tech support will help get this fixed for you.

Elliot

20. dreamkast

dreamkast Forum Member

My crossfader flat out didn't work. After calibrating it would play opposing channels etc. It has been sent back and my supplier can't update me on it at all. Has already been close to 2 months, how much long should I expect till it comes back?