1. We're currently conducting systematic tests with the release version of macOS 11 (Big Sur) in order to offer full compatibility of our products as soon as possible. You can find our latest compatibility status - here

Please note that although announced at the same time as macOS Big Sur, Apple Silicon processors are an independent release with separate compatibility concerns for NI products. Compatibility with macOS Big Sur will not yet ensure compatibility with Apple Silicon processors. At the moment, Native Instruments products are not supported on computers with Apple Silicon processors. Read more - here

Dismiss Notice

Cubase 7.5 64 bit does not recognize Reaktor 5

Discussion in 'Technical Issues - KOMPLETE (Archive)' started by BigAl, Jun 27, 2014.

1. BigAl

BigAl Forum Member

Cubase 7.5 64 bit does not recognize Reaktor 5 on my Windows 7 machine. Reaktor standalone version works fine but I do not see a .dll file for Reaktor anywhere as well. Any input would be appreciated to help resolve this problem. I just installed Komplete 9 Ultimate and everything else is great: ...just no Reaktor.
    Cheers!

2. Collin

Collin NI Product Owner

I'm having problems as well when I updated reaktor. The first time I updated Reaktor disappeared. I reinstalled Reaktor from my disk, it worked, then updated again this time I could see it, but it crashed Cubase 7.5

3. sowari

sowari Moderator Moderator

it would be good if you could contact tech support. i don't use Cubase and also i use a Mac, so i can't really help you.

after installing the Reaktor update is there a .dll file in the usual VST folder? if it is not there has it been installed elsewhere on the computer?

sowari

4. BigAl

BigAl Forum Member

There is no .dll file for Reakor on my entire system and I contacted tech support and received no answer yet.

5. sowari

sowari Moderator Moderator

have you updated Reaktor to 5.9?

sowari

6. BigAl

BigAl Forum Member

Yes. ...and I did it twice. Reaktor .dll was the only file missing from the Komplete Ultimate 9 install. The reaktor update was 555 megs.
    --Al

7. sameer

sameer NI Product Owner

Hi
    I am using cubase 7.5 and win 7 .. i am quite certain that i am using the 5.9 update.
    It seems to be working fine here... lemme give u a confirmation by tomorrow as i am not near my DAW

cheers
    sameer

8. sameer

sameer NI Product Owner

sometimes the dlls do play havoc.Try this and see if this works
    1. Uninstall Reaktor.
    2.make sure you delete the dll from the vst folder if not uninstalled
    3. re install Reaktor , give a different location to the 32 bit and 64 bit vst plugin this time
    say C:\ vst plugs\ 32bit and C:\vst plugs 64 bit.
    4. Add these location to the Vst Plugin folder in cubase
    5. Exit cubase
    6. Restart cubase and let it do the scan update..
    This trick worked for me once sometime back ..hope this helps

cheers
    sameer

• Like Like x 1
  9. BigAl

BigAl Forum Member

10. BigAl

BigAl Forum Member

Now it works!!! I deleted the entire VST folder in order for the program to install the Reaktor .dll file. Then I copied the other .dll files back into the newly created folder. Therefore, the concept is the basically the same as you pointed-out. The program had to recreate another folder. Thank you!!
    Cheers!
    --Al

• Like Like x 1