1. Please do not install macOS 10.15 Catalina yet, as Native Instruments software and hardware products are not supported under macOS 10.15 yet. For more info, please go HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

Cubase: Possible to have both Audio in AND multiple outputs?

Discussion in 'REAKTOR' started by mbira, Feb 16, 2017.

1. mbira

mbira NI Product Owner

Hi folks,

I am using Reaktor 6 in Cubase, and I'm having a hard time doing something that is pretty trivial in Ableton.

I need to be able to route audio in to Reaktor in order to calibrate an external VCO. I also need to be able to have multiple outs from Reaktor.

It seems like the only way in Cubase to get audio in is to use Reaktor 6 FX as an audio insert.
    It seems like the only way in Cubase to get multiple Audio outs is to use Reaktor 6 (not FX) in an Instrument track.

Reaktor is not VST 3 so Cubase isn't giving me a way to sidechain the audio in to the Instrument plugin. Am I missing something? Thanks!

2. X the Unknown

X the Unknown NI Product Owner

I've found the same limitation. Have you found a solution?

3. Moshe B

Moshe B NI Product Owner

I know that there is a way to side-chaining plugins that does no supporting VST3 (Back in days of SX) in Cubase.. with Group LRC channel with stereo busses. but this method works only with FX plugins, not with instruments.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2017
  4. Quietschboy

Quietschboy NI Product Owner

I´m still wondering why it´s easy in Ableton Live and still not possible in Steinberg Cubase.
    Remember: Steinberg is the founder of the VST Standard...!
    So, maybe Ableton "hacked" the VST-interface or Steinberg haves an "unsolvable" problem with VSTi audio inputs in Cubase that forces them to forbid audio inputs.
    I suspect the Cubase engine can´t handle possible feedback loops or something with latency correction.
    This is an very old issue. And a shame for Steinberg. But this are only guesses..

5. Paule

Paule NI Product Owner

Karl Steinberg is the founder of Virtual Studio Technology but Steinberg Company was sold to Yamaha a while ago.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2017
  6. Quietschboy

Quietschboy NI Product Owner

Don´t they develop in Hamburg anymore?

7. Paule

Paule NI Product Owner

In January 2003 it was sold to Pinnacle and end 2004 to Yamaha as parent company.
    upload_2017-6-5_11-25-2.png

8. swamptooth

swamptooth New Member

There is a way around this using a surround bus containing reaktor with sends to mono buses. It's good for up to six ins and outs.
    Here's a project to illustrate it.

EDIT: had to change cubase file because sends were not being saved...

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 19, 2017