1. Hi everyone,

Apple just released Logic Pro 10.5 for MacOS 10.15. We found out that Crush Pack, Mod Pack, Replika, and Replika XT will crash.

Our teams are currently working on a fix, and we hope to have this out to you as soon as we can!

Best wishes, 
    The NI Team

Dismiss Notice

Cue points - a few feature upgrades

Discussion in 'Feature Request' started by Jangla, Feb 20, 2020.

1. Jangla

Jangla NI Product Owner

1. Cue point banks. Having one bank of 8 cue points is not enough. I'd really benefit from being able to have at least one bank for "standard cue point mixing" and a second bank for "hot cue play" style remixing on the fly.

2. RGB Cue points. I know this one has been requested several times before. I also know you can use "fade in" and "fade out" cue points - the trouble is these two types of cue point have actual functionality attached to them for cruise control (they also force the UI to show the red flashing "track ending" highlight the instant you pass the first one even if it's 10 minutes to the end of the track).

3. Show current and next cue point names in the UI (both in Traktor and on controllers like the S4 that have a screen).

4. Lock cue points. I've accidentally deleted, for example, a tricky to place "Load" cue point more than once right when I needed it. Locking that one so it can't be easily deleted would be very handy.

• Like Like x 4
  2. Stevan

Stevan NI Product Owner

1. Agree!
    2. People would find it confusing. Since each Color is already associated with specific cue type.
    3. Cool! But very few people need that.
    4. You can assign Hotcue Type modifier. Allow it to delete each cue type except for the Load markers ;)

3. dafad_dew

dafad_dew New Member

Re point 3. PLEASE - at least display the cue names in the UI so I can see what they are without having to activate them!
    Even if it's the first few characters on the cue buttons themselves. Small change, which would be really useful.
    So for example, in the Cue display, you'd see "1 Grid" "2 Intro" "3 Break" instead of just 1, 2 and 3.

At the moment, the cue names are next to useless and really awkward to input.

And if there was any way of customising the cue types - being able to add new types with custom colours, that would also be fantastic. It's very limiting not being able to see the names, and being prevented customising the colours (which you can do with Serato etc).

4. Almaz

Almaz NI Product Owner

+100

5. alec.tron

alec.tron NI Product Owner

+1
    And re
    by default, this should not (need to) be changed from what it always was. But having the option of freely assigning custom colours - to already existing 'functional' cue points, plus a set of user defineable ones with no function - would be great to have indeed...
    c.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Andrey Z Maiochi

Andrey Z Maiochi New Member

I am a user of a pair of Kontrol D2. The cue poits are very interesting to give agility, to be located and also to more connect with the track. I miss the option of being able to customize the color of the Pads. I think that way it would be more intuitive during the performance.

7. muthafunka

muthafunka NI Product Owner

3. Another advanced 'Performance' tab that has an editable list of hotcue names would be excellent.

8. radiokrishna

radiokrishna NI Product Owner

3. Showing the next cue point name is a long-awaited feature. There is also an alternative to make a popup tip when hovering the mouse over a hot cue.