1. Please do not install macOS 10.15 Catalina yet, as Native Instruments software and hardware products are not supported under macOS 10.15 yet. For more info, please go HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

Current state of NI - interesting thread on reddit

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by muitosabao, Jul 9, 2019.

1. LEGENDARYFINS

LEGENDARYFINS NI Product Owner

Before this thread, and for the last 5 yrs or so, what would you say the current state of NI was? Not good. Just look at this forum. We all know.

2. AL’DREAD

AL’DREAD NI Product Owner

It has been slow since the audio module, tho that has been improved since its release.
    Sounds.com obviously slowed things down, but , I’m not gonna stress on that because, they probably needed ways to make extra income , because when you buy a maschine controller for x amount , how much more money are they getting from you , compared to how much they’ll be laying out to keep adding features to the software.

3. LEGENDARYFINS

• Like Like x 1
  4. AL’DREAD

No argument intended, but there’s definitely two sides to the coin.
    I kinda also feel in the twilight zone, and I do wish they’d finally get something out that’s a game changer , just so the forum has something more interesting to talk about .
    If you haven’t joined the beta sign up , at the very least it gives you a sneak peek of what’s coming

• Like Like x 2
  5. certifiedbeatz

certifiedbeatz NI Product Owner

That's the reason it true nothing significant was released in 5 years.. see if akai takes this route they will be letting go like they dis before.. NI has to many controller's and software with promise for the last 10 years..

6. LEGENDARYFINS

I agree. Don't get me wrong, I love Maschine. It's just frustrating on the software development side. I look forward to the day where we all are hopefully pumped about 3.0 and sharing about it's features.

• Like Like x 3
  7. AL’DREAD

To say nothing significant has been added in five years is , not true
    We had scales and chords before the Mpc
    The audio module came out
    The kontrol keyboards and jam
    Ideas view , which akai has just dropped with the force
    Drum and bass synths
    There’s probably more

• Like Like x 1
  8. AL’DREAD

Do any of you older heads remember “the sky is falling in” from your childhood
    This thread and the articles made me think of it .
    Chicken little syndrome ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. certifiedbeatz

Point blank there fired for a reason and this happening because of to much hardware released ahead of any improvements on there software. So all line up and be ready to shell out more money for studio and 3.0 with moaning and groaning

10. tempsperdu

tempsperdu NI Product Owner

Really depends on what you consider significant. Sure there have been improvements and developments but probably not of the magnitude or type that many would have thought justified the time frame and few were along the lines of user requests. It is very welcoming that of late development does seem to be heading more in a more requested direction, let's hope that that continues.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2019
  11. AntonA1

AntonA1 NI Product Owner

This comment on the thread summed it up for me:

“Former Native EmployeeSeptember 2, 2019

It’s true. Native has had rounds of layoffs for the last few months, with 100 folks laid off last Thursday here in Berlin. People who have worked with the company for more than 10 years and many of the innovators were completely kicked to the curb. I think the executive team made a lot of bad decisions over the last couple of years and this led to the loss of these jobs.”

Honestly, who could argue with that? There’s been so many wrong turns on the roadmap for developing their (potentially amazing) products?

We all saw it. We all screamed about it. Radio silence, denial, switch and bait were the answers...

That Traktor 3.0 is where it is right now is a joke. That the progress of Maschine has been so slow is also a joke. That KK was released as a closed box tool (only compatible with N.I. Software) was mind boggling.

They make silly decisions, shooting themselves in the foot and change painstakingly slow out of necessity when their user base gets restless and starts complaining non-stop. It’s super toxic.

Moaning has become our national forum sport, lol. And N.I. keeps serving us foul balls.

Edit: the original Reddit poster covers the repost with further info and juicy comments here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/DJs/commen...truments/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app

Last edited: Sep 3, 2019
    • Like Like x 8
  12. mezzurias

mezzurias NI Product Owner

I’m glad I’ve been moving away from NI stuff completely. Like I’ve written plenty of times on this forum vote with your wallet.

The sad part is that NIs hardware arm is actually the only part that actually works right. NIs hardware is phenomenal and innovative. It’s the software that has stagnated. Absynth, Guitar Rig, FM8, etc all have gone with no updates for years. Massive X was delayed and th end product does not impress me. Komplete at this point is just a whole bunch of sampler libraries. Of course there is Maschine and Komplete Kontrol.

I hope the people who got laid off can find some capital to start their own company or better yet they get picked up by Akai or Ableton or some other company. They are too good to leave in the wild. I think if given the freedom they would make something really amazing.

• Like Like x 3
  13. certifiedbeatz

Well that proves it all of my complaints have been justified against. say what u want. To many controllers and they used there base as pawns to full there gut.. personally they scammed the user .. same software for the last 5 years and dozens of new devices for u to buy..

14. AntonA1

AntonA1 NI Product Owner

There must be a way to confirm or deny the rumour that the Maschine standalone was cancelled just before day 1 of production?

It makes no sense. They would have had to have had everything in place parts wise and a contract with third party manufacturers to honour? Why not pump out a few thousand and get user feedback? Doesn’t seem believable to me...

• Like Like x 1
  15. AntonA1

AntonA1 NI Product Owner

5803368A-4C28-4FF0-BACA-BBA5651F2131.png

The Glassdoor reviews speak volumes. Worth checking first hand if you’re at all curious. If even half of them are true, it’s worse than we thought.

16. AL’DREAD

So according to gearslutz and a member there , who used to be a member here until he got banned
    D-One confirmed the layoffs, which he clearly hasn’t

Like I said chicken little syndrome

Last edited: Sep 4, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  17. AL’DREAD

All of those features where received positively by the majority of the forum and users. And some of them were copied by competitors.
    I get that some people need features to keep them occupied and enthusiastic . Personally I can use maschine for what it is , if I couldn’t I would’ve left and moved on quickly and quietly, I definitely wouldn’t be bitching about it and making snarky comments

Last edited: Sep 4, 2019
  18. goridread

goridread NI Product Owner

Any sort of major change in direction and leadership is in some ways a restart when it comes to development at this level. It seems that several members of the Maschine team have been fired. It sucks.

I really hope they weren't making a standalone Maschine. That makes absolutely no sense and seems like a really stupid decision, and this is a definite case where they should not have listened to their users. NI is a software company first. All hardware so far has been built to get people into their software ecosystem. (An unnecessarily closed ecosystem, though). And imagine if those development resources had been put towards updating the Maschine software...

• Like Like x 2
  19. Howl

Howl NI Product Owner

from a kvr audio thread, i do not not the source:

"
    (from the PA group) -- Dirk Ulrich-- "Unfortunately Native Instruments are delaying Unfiltered Audio with finalizing the NKS approval right now. This may or may not be related to the news that NI just had to fire 50%(!) of their German staff last week, we don't know exactly.
    Right now it looks like we will have to delay LION for at least 2 more weeks. Sorry guys, I know that the UnFi team has delivered the plugin in a final version, so now we are waiting for NI to do what they have to do."

"

• Informative Informative x 1
  20. DataStrainMusic

DataStrainMusic NI Product Owner

Can confirm it is not looking good. Even the higher rated reviews had the same complaints about management and layoffs. I made it to early to the 2018's and it's pretty much the same story across the board.

• Like Like x 1