1. We're currently conducting systematic tests with the release version of macOS 11 (Big Sur) in order to offer full compatibility of our products as soon as possible. You can find our latest compatibility status - here

Please note that although announced at the same time as macOS Big Sur, Apple Silicon processors are an independent release with separate compatibility concerns for NI products. Compatibility with macOS Big Sur will not yet ensure compatibility with Apple Silicon processors. At the moment, Native Instruments products are not supported on computers with Apple Silicon processors. Read more - here

Dismiss Notice

Current state of NI - interesting thread on reddit

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by muitosabao, Jul 9, 2019.

1. Mystic38

Mystic38 NI Product Owner

this is exactly what i am saying because it is true..those "things" are fundamental items to a groovebox..and the lack of them are fundamentally crippling the use of Maschine for many people..clearly not you..but its not all about you :)

i never said that they did... but each and every one was better in pretty much every way than the one before...
    Did i call your post idiotic?.. it is ill-informed, biased and not objective, but its yours and not inherently idiotic.. but your attitude leaves a lot to be desired.. perhaps you have no experience of older grooveboxes?.. if not try one..you may get your eyes opened,

• Like Like x 7
  2. tempsperdu

tempsperdu NI Product Owner

Maybe a reconsideration of the thread title could be more appropriate than rudeness............................just an idea.........................

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. D-One

D-One Moderator Moderator

That was uncalled for. Chill out...

• Like Like x 3
  4. v00d00ppl

v00d00ppl NI Product Owner

Reddit has a lot of trolls. I take that post with half a container of salt.

• Like Like x 1
  5. certifiedbeatz

certifiedbeatz NI Product Owner

What half. Lol just curious since its been unstable here.. software and Mods.. im curious other than D One could they confirm if there were staff reductions?

6. Stormchild

Stormchild NI Product Owner

That captures it pretty well.

7. telecode101

telecode101 NI Product Owner

I think speculating on what is happening inside a company that makes music software and hardware you like to use is kind of pointless and a big waste of time. It's internal to the company and it's operation. You will gain zero insight into what exactly is going or not going to happen to your favorite product from them. The only thing that really matters to you is whether they will discontinue the product or not . And how they operate or what sort of staff reductions or increase they make will not give you that insight.

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  8. Slappz

Slappz NI Product Owner

This thread is really a continuation of a certain individual pushing the limits here. The topic was fine where it was at, but let's bring it on home and bombard the forums with more conspiracies. I believe the actual discussion is where they originally found it.

• Dislike Dislike x 2
  9. certifiedbeatz

This post was started by Muitosabao all I did was copy and paste what was in the link I'm from the United states he is from Munich.. so if your not referring to myself then I apologize..

10. certifiedbeatz

It would give that onsite on why the software we are are not moving forward and when updates are released there follow by bug fixes..

11. Slappz

Slappz NI Product Owner

Yeah, that's right, you were actually just trying to help them. Still aiding and abetting is just as good in my book! hahaha
    Seriously though, sorry about calling you out like that, and thanks for correcting me on it.

12. AntonA1

AntonA1 NI Product Owner

Whenever I read the comments on these types of threads -and I'm referring to the original Reddit post, not here- it seems like the same few themes pop up again and again? I'm just surprised it doesn't ring any bells at the top of the food chain?

13. tempsperdu

The ringing bells were annoying them so they gave them some rather fetching rubber blankets I believe...................................................

• Informative Informative x 1
  14. dreddiknight

dreddiknight NI Product Owner

I don't think they care (or maybe hear) at the top.

I probably wouldn't from that great height, especially if the people giving me info were the well paid managers and consultants I'd brought in to sort things out...

• Informative Informative x 1
  15. telecode101

How do you see that exactly from vague blanket unverified statements such as 10% layoff or 25% turn over? How are you going to map that vague information as to whether NI are working on a patch for Maschine that includes your request?

It's no different than IBM laying off 10% of NA work force -- it gives me zero indication of what they plan to do with RHEL and whether or not I will get burnt by building a new environment on it down the road. The only thing I can go by is what they officially release and make my decisions based on that.

Either way, the decision to purchase a music product I usually don't make based on what the support cycle and strategy is. Its usually a decision based on do I like how it sounds or works and will I use it, a bit of internet research (who else is using it and how they use it?) and discounts (whats the current discounted sale baby!!) -- a combination of those. I don't look at the updates.txt to see what the patch and update history to decide if I want to buy it or not.

16. telecode101

Nobody uses the Bilanese Gamalan VST anymore. That's the problem with the world today!!! We need more Gamalan and less cowbell. :)

https://www.native-instruments.com/en/products/komplete/cinematic/balinese-gamelan/

(but seriously putos, there was a bell freebie on steinberg for halion a while ago. made by Cinematic Instruments. It kicked ass). .

• Funny Funny x 2
  17. Mystic38

Mystic38 NI Product Owner

Hopefully he has not been reduced.. D Nought.5 just has no pizazz..lol..

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. lwj|localspace

lwj|localspace NI Product Owner

He'd probably call himself D-Light then

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. tempsperdu

Now there's a challenge for us all if ever there was one..produce an international top 5 hit using only the Discovery Series Gamelan.

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. Steve Mosher

Steve Mosher NI Product Owner

Did Kai quit already? lol