1. Please do not install macOS 10.15 Catalina yet, as Native Instruments software and hardware products are not supported under macOS 10.15 yet. For more info, please go HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

Current state of NI - interesting thread on reddit

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by muitosabao, Jul 9, 2019.

1. tempsperdu

tempsperdu NI Product Owner

This is so sad and yet another indicator of fatally bad management at NI but I guess they'll keep their jobs regardless :mad:

2. tslays

tslays NI Product Owner

Guess this year, there will be no announcement on September 5th.

• Funny Funny x 2
  3. Reefius

Reefius NI Product Owner

I think the $50 million investment they got in 2017 was the worst thing that could happen to NI, it made them slaves of the corporate sharks.

• Like Like x 3
  4. djwaxxy

djwaxxy NI Product Owner

this could explain why massive x was delayed then finally realesed unfinished..and im hoping maschine 3 and finally a standalone maschine product or synth comes out one day..ni could easily create a real synth and im sure if they did itd be a game changer.

im hoping ni get back too what they do best and focus on great invoative software and well built hardware..im still using maschine mk1 and kore 2 there both going strong and both brilliant products.

5. AmeGarin

AmeGarin NI Product Owner

Very bad news. Someone at NI MUST say something to us. I spent thousand of euros in their products And was waiting to buy the standalone... But now...

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. tslays

tslays NI Product Owner

Why would they? That would create even more confusion.

7. macchinista

macchinista NI Product Owner

That they would fire the hardware teams makes no sense.... I don't think NI problems are with the hardware, some of the best in the game.
    If so, those guys/gals don't deserve it and hopefully they find employment soon somewhere else.

• Like Like x 1
  8. goridread

goridread NI Product Owner

I really really hope they hadn't been putting their resources towards a Maschine standalone.

• Like Like x 1
  9. AmeGarin

AmeGarin NI Product Owner

Máschine standalone now, please :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. tempsperdu

According to comments beneath that article it appears to be the case. Given the state of the software not possibly the wisest of avenues but then again neither is treating your staff worse than garbage but obviously someone thinks that's OK. Let's just hope the same happens sooner rather than later to whomever is *cough* 'responsible' (sic)............

• Like Like x 2
  11. AL’DREAD

AL’DREAD NI Product Owner

Come on , you cannot take this article or the comments seriously , the article itself is a rehash of a redit post , and I’m sure they don’t ask to see old payslips from people commenting, that claim to be ex ni employees.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2019
  12. LEGENDARYFINS

LEGENDARYFINS NI Product Owner

I think it’s credible. Look at all the negative reviews on Glassdoor, especially in the last few months. And the layoffs are real. It all seems to add up to a s***show over there. I mean, cmon, are u really surprised? Look how bad there involvement is on this forum. For years. They have absolutely no pulse on their community, or just don’t give a damn. It’s weird to me. I’m not saying they need to tell us everything, but damn, throw us a frickin bone every now and then.

• Like Like x 4
  13. certifiedbeatz

certifiedbeatz NI Product Owner

This happens but I will say coming out with 5 to 6 new controllers year and the same software those are the ones who should be let go

14. tempsperdu

There's a link to the actual reddit post and the comments etc don't seem fanciful.....why do you choose to think that there is no substance to them ? Most things actually tie in very much with the toxicity we have until recently experienced here and elsewhere that everyone was hoping and praying was now behind us.

• Like Like x 4
  15. LEGENDARYFINS

LEGENDARYFINS NI Product Owner

This could be very true and seems to coincide with what employees are saying. They apparently had very talented employees let go due to egos and decisions by “new management” Nothing like having your hard work and passion shut down by upper management that doesn’t have a clue. It has to be frustrating.

• Like Like x 1
  16. certifiedbeatz

certifiedbeatz NI Product Owner

I'm owed an apology from the Mods at this forum ... the pain I was put through poor me...just kidding

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. tslays

tslays NI Product Owner

If they really laid off that many people, probably more will speak up. I bet we soon can expect more voices on different channels that will use the chance to release some pressure. And probably also some internal stories will pop up here and there.

18. AL’DREAD

I know there’s a link the guy who wrote the redit post has posted it , whilst complaining of plagiarism.i don’t take it seriously Because it’s the internet, it’s like Chinese whispers , there’s no factual evidence ,it’s just one guy saying this is his opinion, the redit post is why this thread exists, that article exists because maybe the person who wrote it read this thread , I’m betting at least one of those ex ni employees is a member of this forum, it wouldn’t be wild to suggest that all the ni employees are just that one person.
    Sometimes I come to this forum and think , is it snowing already, or should more people be using head and shoulders.

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. AL’DREAD

1) How believable is glass door ?
    2) They’re still signing people up to the beta team, there’s communication over there .
    3) it’s always been pretty clear that ni play their cards close to their chest .

The only issue I have with ni is the forum, it no longer works well on my iPhone 7

Last edited: Sep 2, 2019
  20. AL’DREAD

Look they’re already planning for the future
    E8A3C37E-7854-4963-8480-3C927F25DE96.png

• Funny Funny x 1