1. Please do not install macOS 10.15 Catalina yet, as Native Instruments software and hardware products are not supported under macOS 10.15 yet. For more info, please go HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

Current state of NI - interesting thread on reddit

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by muitosabao, Jul 9, 2019.

1. tempsperdu

tempsperdu NI Product Owner

The guy was complaining that basically the other guy had copied his post which he had but that in no way invalidates what the original post and many other comments have said... do you think all the Glassdoor comments are written by one person? Have you not lived through the ridiculousness of NI's attitude on here until after a lot of haranguing it was seen as better to actually communicate with its' users.

• Like Like x 1
  2. AL’DREAD

AL’DREAD NI Product Owner

Not bragging, but I’m pretty sure I’ve been here a little longer, and there’s other that have been here longer than me.
    This discussion has been going on over and over .
    Every company has people on their forum complaining, just like every government has people out in the streets complaining, because you can’t please everyone, personally I’d rather use my time to do something more constructive.
    I wasn’t talking about the glass door reviews, just the comments on the article, but I’m going to go and see if I can comment on glass door , just to see how easy it is to spread fake news over there.
    In some countries you can literally post something on the internet and start a war.

I ignored this thread as soon as it started, I only read last week out of boredom, tbh , I ignored a few users in this thread , unblocked them to see what was being said , and will probably just go back to ignoring them , because their still saying the same things as last year and the year before

Last edited: Sep 2, 2019
    • Like Like x 3
  3. AL’DREAD

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. tempsperdu

The length of time you have been here doesn't neccessarily have any indication on how true something someone says is or not.You may well be able to post a fake post on Glassdoor but that only means one thing..that you (for whatever reason) have posted a fake post on Glass door. That in no way invalidates those who actually post honestly.
    i'm finding your wilfulness in assuming everything about the posts discussed is fake bizarre in the extreme but go ahead.. after all the last time there was a kerfuffle about a post on Reddit that was proved to be very true so you obviously have greater insight than others.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2019
  5. D-One

D-One Moderator Moderator

Weird times we live in where copy-paste from a Reddit post without adding any other significant new information can turn into news, same happened with my post about the alleged standalone prototype, it' feels like somewhat of clickbait to me, news outlets should dig a little deeper and provide some real journalistic value, otherwise what's the point? If 100+ people were really fired get ahold of at least a couple and ask questions, if they're under NDA make it anonymous, that would be more productive.

With massive layoff's it's hard to imagine Glassdoor reviews to be positive, why is that some sort of surprise? Seems only natural.

Most people are looking at this as something bad, why?
    As someone who is very critical about many decisions in the last few years, I have some hope that these layoffs are kind of an admission of guilt as in: "We made a lot of wrong calls and we will fire all the people responsible", if that's the case it could be a good thing, hopefully, a change to a better direction.

Some folks are hinting at an alleged failure of Sounds.com + Hardware decisions to the big layoff's; considering its mostly hardware department people getting fired perhaps it means NI will focus more on software rather than releasing insane amounts of hardware, that would be a good move in my book... Anywhooooo I'll leave the speculation for you guys, carry on. :p

• Like Like x 4
  6. AL’DREAD

Ok , you believe what you want , it has no impact on me , personally I don’t buy into internet conspiracy theories , why , because I have common sense

• Funny Funny x 2
  7. kaotik78

kaotik78 NI Product Owner

I personally would like to back in time before the internet and buy large amounts of stock in reynolds wrap :)

• Funny Funny x 2
  8. AL’DREAD

The funny thing is this thread was pretty much dead until this “new” article .
    Come on own up , who here wrote the article ? I’m thinking certified beatz.

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. goridread

goridread NI Product Owner

Not sure I'm up for another Maschine development restart though.

Btw. There's not much life to NI's Instagram or twitter right now. Which could be a coincidence of course.

• Like Like x 1
  10. certifiedbeatz

certifiedbeatz NI Product Owner

I love the guys who dont like any bad news for there binky.. really who cares if it's true or not.. I'm sure it is or the Mod here would have said something.. guys really the proof there problems u got 7 hardware controllers getting released every year should there really be that many..

11. tempsperdu

For me I thought that of late NI were being far more open, communicative and responding to the users.
    From what has been posted it's hard to disbelieve that there have indeed been large layoffs and that they were not handled with anything remotely resembling sensitivity.
    If it is true that the hardware team were fired en mass how many of those involved had any influence over the decision making processes if any?
    Are the people who did make those dubious decisions still there?
    As per usual there is no response from NI which rather negates the recent 'openness'
    I'd love to believe it is an admission of sorts of making the wrong calls but I fear it may be be a case of scapegoating..............................

12. AL’DREAD

Personally I won’t believe it until it’s on Wikipedia

• Funny Funny x 3
  13. D-One

D-One Moderator Moderator

Why would it need to restart? Also, keep in mind this is a general thing, not Maschine specific.
    Social media has been focused on the anniversary thing, I doubt this sort of thing affects the social media department unless they were laid off too.
    If this is all true they will probably need some time to restructure, would explain 5 days without posting.

Yes indeed, things were improving including stuff I can't talk about but I dont see this layoff news (if it's true) as an indication that's not going to keep happening, I doubt very much this wasn't planned a long time ago, I mean one doesn't wake up one day and decides to fire 100+ people. It was mentioned publicly here many times recently that "It will take some time for some things to change", as I read some of those old statements I think i am connecting some dots but I rather not speculate too much.

We will never know exactly who made what decision so it's kind of impossible to know if XYZ is still here, we dont even know if this is all true yet.
    I dont think it's in their best interest to say anything right now, do private Music SW/HW companies even make public statements when they layoff employees? I honestly dont know but that kind of thing seems like something that only someone very, very high in the hierarchy could do, like the CEO, Vice president or such... those people dont post in forums or anywhere for that matter. If we get a statement it will probably be written by the PR department, and we all know how that goes.

Scapegoating would mean blaming people who aren't responsible, you think 100+ employees would be fired just to miss direct responsibility? What would be the point of that? Sounds like something a politician would do to get away with a bad decision rather than what a company would do to be more profitable but hey... I am no expert.

14. tempsperdu

Whilst the figures weren't quite so high, I have actually worked in a major company that rather mismanaged and people who weren't really responsible in any way were fired without notice at 6:00pm on a Friday with no warning so my take on these things is rather coloured by that I guess

• Like Like x 1
  15. LEGENDARYFINS

LEGENDARYFINS NI Product Owner

I know ur being sarcastic, but it clearly says who wrote the article. I don't think it takes a genius to notice NI isn't run that well. It's not like this would be out of left field.

16. DataStrainMusic

DataStrainMusic NI Product Owner

Unfortunately this type of thing happens a lot in corporate areas. They'd rather fire underlings than the people calling the shots. I worked for a retailer (I will not mention who simply for my own protection, but you'll probably be able to guess) where every month we were losing people to lay offs/walk outs because corporate could not make up their mind on what their priorities were. Constant opening of new locations that were unnecessary, new rules and policies on a weekly basis, and constant layoffs for "underperformance" when in reality this company refused to realize that they didn't understand the business at all. Not to mentions we had 5 or 6 CEO changes within a 3 year span, each one performing worse than the last and quickly resigning, then we as associates got the punishments. It went from a great place to work with music being the center of it all, to "how can we blame our employees for our bad business practices?"

Not saying specifically that this is how NI is handling this, but it's absolutely not surprising in the least bit if that is the case. I still stand by my assumption that they will soon enough abandon Maschine all together like Kore in the past and move on to the next "new generation of sound" or whatever.

• Like Like x 3
  17. LEGENDARYFINS

You really think they communicate? Their last attempt at communicating was the Jam announcement by an employee who mapped out the gameplan, song layer, etc. They sold their units and then went silent for years and haven't done damn near any of what was promised since. You can believe what you want, but a lot of it makes perfect sense to me.

• Like Like x 4
  18. AL’DREAD

I meant they communicate over at the beta. Not here , tho they have posted a few things here lately like , that midi mode for the mikro mk3 is being worked on , and what’s due in the next update.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2019
  19. LEGENDARYFINS

I hear ya, I'm just saying they have hundreds of employees and can't even get a significant software update out in the last what? 5 years? That's laughable man. It also lines up with complaints of outdated tech, code and mismanagement.

• Like Like x 3
  20. AL’DREAD

And did you see this thread
    https://www.native-instruments.com/...-updates-of-maschine-komplete-kontrol.359227/

• Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1