In Sticky Custom Chords & Scales

Discussion in 'Feature Suggestions' started by shuttle358, Apr 27, 2017.

1. shuttle358

shuttle358 New Member

Ability to edit/add scales and chords to the CHORD mode in Maschine. (Pad Mode->Chord).
    Would love to define my own musical scales as well as common ones and integrate this into my workflow.

Anyone else? Is there any hack to do this?

(Edited by @D-One)

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 28, 2017
    • Like Like x 17
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  2. D-One

D-One Moderator Moderator

Custom chords and scales have been suggested multiple times. Many of us want it.
    Theres no hack that i know of but a lot of people seems to use cthulhu, give the demo a try.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  3. CH7

CH7 NI Product Owner

This is the kind of stuff you would expect from a big name big budget big resource company like NI - it's just a shame they show so little imagination.

Last edited: May 14, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  4. CH7

CH7 NI Product Owner

I just bought cthulhu based on the youtube demo - thanks for the recommendation. This will certainly find a use.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2017
  5. Narasimha Deva

Narasimha Deva New Member

Yeah. Even worse, It is insane that they still haven't added the basic modes like Dorian, Phrygian, Lydian and Mixolydian. This I know they can do with little effort.

6. just1n

just1n NI Product Owner

Please make it on maschine jam to where you can assign any note to any button on the keyboard grid

• Like Like x 1
  7. bargale

bargale New Member

Haven't they added new scales to the new keyboards?
    And yes PLEASE, right now this feature is embarrasing.
    There is sort of a workaround for this but it is not even close to work perfectly.
    (for example, you'll have to use maschine in midi mode and write your own custom scales)

8. DREADWAYNE4K

DREADWAYNE4K NI Product Owner

I have been begging for the ability to create my own Chords and Scales, They make me so mad, who needs Loops stretching?

• Like Like x 1
  9. DREADWAYNE4K

DREADWAYNE4K NI Product Owner

Try Scaler, got to work for me yesterday.

10. Tim Verberne

Tim Verberne NI Product Owner

This would certainly be useful for live-performances. I would love to create my own chord-sets. +1

11. TheAndroid

TheAndroid NI Product Owner

12. Drifter

Drifter NI Product Owner

13. Disco-in-my-punk

Disco-in-my-punk NI Product Owner

whilst I'm dreaming of them finally implementing this ( are they saving it for software version 3?) how about assigning colors to individual pads in chord mode too

14. GuitarBingo

GuitarBingo NI Product Owner

There is so many things they are saving for version 3...
    It's a pity that such good hardware does not come along with similar attractive software.
    I am really curious about what we will see with the next big version step!

15. paulallenbright

paulallenbright NI Product Owner

plus one on this one... however until they get the act together and get it implemented.. I use ezkeys to create chords and drop the patterns right into maschine...

Without the ability of putting in your own chords.. Is like teaching someone how to paint.. then limiting them to a canvas with numbers on it .. and making them paint by the numbers only... Who does that...lol

Seriously. let the users define there own chord sets with load and save like you did in midi. In each chord set allow the user to pick what chord inversion they want for each chord in the set

Last edited: Mar 8, 2018
  16. Xyenz Fyxion

Xyenz Fyxion NI Product Owner

PLUS 1!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17. DelTheComputer

DelTheComputer New Member

18. Dallon426

Dallon426 NI Product Owner

1 up. This is IMPERATIVE

19. paulallenbright

yep, totally agree........ should have been in the initial release... v1.0.0

20. paulallenbright

chord wheel associated with chord picking would be nice.. show all the chords associated with associated key.. I II III IV V VI then the ability of inversion selection of the selected chord. Look at the toontrack ezkeys software they implemented chord wheel w/ inversion in a very smart and useful way.

• Like Like x 2