In Sticky Custom Chords & Scales

Discussion in 'Feature Suggestions' started by shuttle358, Apr 27, 2017.

1. Dallon426

Dallon426 NI Product Owner

Yes, it is very logical.

I think they should allow us to select our own, and also they should come in relevant keys. With chord options such as Dominants, Diminished, half dimisned, 7ths, sus, etc... All the chord categories should be uncluded

2. paulallenbright

paulallenbright NI Product Owner

Yep all that is included in the toontrack ezkeys implementation. It’s really good actually. Great as a start point for NI.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/yedlthuaqs5utah/chord.PNG?dl=0

Last edited: Mar 10, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. RobLo

RobLo NI Product Owner

4. Disco-in-my-punk

Disco-in-my-punk NI Product Owner

this would be really handy espesh on the Maschine Studio. and maybe a Modes er.. mode as well. like they could even do a shift + group short cut

5. RobLo

RobLo NI Product Owner

I can't seem to find it in the manual. I doubt it can be done...but is it possible to adjust the chord spacing/offset? Perhaps with the ribbon for a strumming effect?

• Like Like x 1
  6. D-One

D-One Moderator Moderator

No not with Chords, unfortunately, it can be done in Keyboard Mode using the Touch-Strip Notes function.

7. RobLo

RobLo NI Product Owner

I can't seem to create posts in the feature suggestion thread

8. JBlongz

JBlongz NI Product Owner

+1

I would like a custom assortment of chords across the pads. I won’t want NI to set them for me.

9. RobLo

RobLo NI Product Owner

Yea I need to be able to store custom chord sets/progressions....that would be amazing

• Like Like x 1
  10. Rituun

Rituun New Member

I would love that and to able to do some chords inversions too !
    could be some way with the maschine jam to do things in a simple way ( like note mode, but play chords, not only arpegios)
    a pretty simple example would be to be able to play Daftpunk get lucky bassline, which is based on 4 bottom pads of chord set minor 3... but first chord is inverted.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Dan Dolan

Dan Dolan New Member

+1, this is something i really wanted to do. I have the option to assign so many things to pads in here, if I was in chord mode and could assign each pad a chord just like I do in the pads mode it would be fantastic. Give me a scroll list to choose from that is in key with the current selected key, or use the top right white buttons to increment all the chords in the key. Options!

12. Disco-in-my-punk

I'm not sure where else I've mentioned this but i'd like one of two things with the latter being more useful to my workflow: 1. Let us color (colour) the pads in chord mode and or 2. Name the pads using its position in the scale as you would in the Nashville numbers system. Also a link scale to chords shortcut would be a bit of a boon on those more esoteric scales. QUICK what are all the shared chordal options in the Arabic and Hungarian Minor scales!?

13. RobLo

RobLo NI Product Owner

I've resolved to the notion that none of this is going to happen...NI doesn't care

14. Disco-in-my-punk

Nah Roblo I've got lots of faith in this piece of hardware and the software that goes with it. People want things Right F'n Now!!! but when you take the long view and see how much progress has been made, it's actually really encouraging. There are a few bum notes in my psalm to NI though- I would have thought there'd be a default template for studio users in FL ( my main arrangement app) and theres zero hardware control for it in my mixing app ( mixbus 5 32c) but Ideas Mode is where i spend most of my time in the Maschine sequencer and I'm pretty content... when the song layer eventually ships we'll see how we're doing then. Until then: NI please read my above statement ^^

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. CH7

CH7 NI Product Owner

This would be a great idea for a NI VST until it's integrated into Maschine.

Use master knob to select from circle of fifths. Press knob to hear that chord using the current sound, then press pad to drop that chord on to that pad.

Then play pads/chords as hits or use the strip to play as arpeggios.

The circle of chords could vary from basic to more complex based on some other setting.

• Like Like x 2
  16. macchinista

macchinista NI Product Owner

17. CADILLAKTRACKZ

CADILLAKTRACKZ NI Product Owner

IVE WANTED THIS EVER SINCE I GOT MASCHINE, I ALWAYS SAY THAT MASCHINE DOSENT HAVE ENOUGHT CHORDS, YOU CAN BURN EM UP IN A WEEK OR TWO. I KEEP THINKING ABOUT HOW I COULD GET MORE CHORDS IN MASCHINE..............

18. CH7

CH7 NI Product Owner

You could always get a keyboard -
    then spend a lifetime learning to play the dam thing.

or like me you could get yourself a "Kordbot" assuming you can find one. ;)

https://www.musictech.net/reviews/isla-instruments-kordbot-review/

Last edited: Jan 19, 2020
  19. peter verberne

peter verberne New Member

Thumbs up for custom chord sets in Maschine!

Last edited: Jun 6, 2019
  20. jtintner

jtintner New Member

How is this still not a thing? I still own and use my MK1 which was purchased almost 8 years ago (March of 2011) and I see these threads but how is this still not a feature. Why can't we pick from any chord and set our own chord sets? It would seem simple enough even on my MK1 to implement. This has to be something that Machine needs to look at.

I'm not musically trained and I've always been under the mindset of you don't need new equipment just need to figure out new ways to take creative thoughts and put them into action.

As a guitarist, again not classically trained but playing for almost 25 years that play by ear I wish I could make those same transitions to machine but find it frustrating to be limited to just 8 major and 8 minor chord sets.

NI how or why is this not becoming part of the normal workflow here?