Custom patterns in Strummed Acoustic

Discussion in 'KONTAKT' started by latingate, Jan 3, 2019.

1. latingate

latingate New Member

Is it possible to create custom patterns in "Session Guitarist Strummed Acoustic"?
    (something like in RealGuitar by MusicLab and Strum GS-2 by Applied Acoustics System)
    In order to achive that there should be midi keyboard notes to trigger different "actions" such as:
    upstroke, downstroke etc.

2. EvilDragon

EvilDragon Moderator Moderator

3. latingate

latingate New Member

I have Strummed Acoustic 1 & 2 and very happy with them, besides the missing option to create custom patterns.
    For that purpose, I would love to hear comments as to which one is better:
    RealGuitar by MusicLab and Strum or GS-2 by Applied Acoustics System
    thanks..

4. EvilDragon

EvilDragon Moderator Moderator

One is using samples the other is physical modeling, so they will sound quite different. I was never a fan of RealGuitar's sound, for some reason.

If you want to do custom patterns, you could check out guitar libraries from Orange Tree Samples, perhaps. They have a pattern editor onboard (6 patterns only, though - for now).

5. RobinJakobsson

RobinJakobsson New Member

Can I borrow this thread?

I am trying to put ac guitars on some covers, and in the end of the song i need it to just play a chord and hold it, no patterns or arpeggios.
    Is it possible?

Oh, and when I play chords it doesn't switch chord until 1/8 in the next bar, how do I fix that?

Last edited: Aug 13, 2019
  6. EasyTiger32

EasyTiger32 New Member

As you know, you can select the patterns with key switches. If I remember correctly, there are also a couple of permanent key switches that allow you to play just chords, one with a fast strum and one with a slow strum.

To get the chords to change in time with the music, you have to play/program the chord changes slightly ahead of the beat.

7. EasyTiger32

EasyTiger32 New Member

I don't own GS-2, but I own RealGuitar 4 and all of the Session Guitarist libraries. Strummed Acoustic produces the best-sounding strummed tracks, but the limited number of fixed patterns means you have to compose your music around the pattern, rather than the other way around. For example, I'm currently producing a slow country waltz. Strummed Acoustic sounds fantastic on it, but the closest pattern to what I need has one too many strums in it. For this reason, I rely a lot on RealGuitar. It uses a strumming engine so it doesn't sound quite as natural as Strummed Acoustic, but you can play exactly what you want 100% of the time, so there's never any compromising on patterns. RealGuitar is very intuitive, flexible, and it sounds good, but after you've used Strummed Acoustic, RealGuitar may come across sounding a little coarse, for lack of a better term.