D2 discontinued

Discussion in 'KONTROL D2' started by jimmyjamesh, Apr 25, 2018.

1. jimmyjamesh

jimmyjamesh NI Product Owner

So i hadnt realised the D2 and S5 have been discontinued

I hope they continue to support these controllers on the basis the S8 is carrying on with similar workflows

Thoughts?

2. ErikMinekus

ErikMinekus NI Product Owner

They're not going to take support for the S5 and D2 out of Traktor Pro, especially not the D2, since it shares 99% of its code with the S8.

Who knows what will happen when "New Traktor" comes out though.

3. Vm3100

Vm3100 NI Product Owner

Exciting times ahead, I didn’t realise the d2 had been discontinued but happy with it in the current set up and looking forward to see what they come up with rewriting Traktor from the ground up,especially if they incorparate any of the Audionamix technology or similar.

4. Michael T Riles

Michael T Riles New Member

I just bought 2....ugh...sending them back..i dont want to caught with my pants down in 2 years

5. jimmyjamesh

jimmyjamesh NI Product Owner

keep em for now mate - they are awesome!

6. Notecrusher

Notecrusher NI Product Owner

When they write the "new Traktor" they need to write it to run on a simple OS running in firmware in their controllers.

7. YannX

YannX New Member

Hi,

I have just discovered this sad news. What do you think of this ?
    Should we quickly get rid of our D2? Or can we hope that the future Traktor will exploit this controller.

It is from my point of view an error to remove the D2 from the product range. It really had its place next to the X1 to carry Traktor in Hybrid configurations.

Very disappointed.

• Like Like x 1
  8. ErikMinekus

ErikMinekus NI Product Owner

Have you read this thread? I think it answers all your questions.

9. Doubleplusgood

Doubleplusgood NI Product Owner

10. Caleb Grayson

Caleb Grayson NI Product Owner

i think it will be updated. i wish i had gotten 2 D2’s and a better mixer (DB4) instead of the S8.
    maybe a new D2mk2 that’s stand alone and a Z4 4 deck with better DAC’s like the S4mk3.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Mutis

Mutis NI Product Owner

Make your numbers and just buy an old late 2012 mac mini and some duct tape...

12. RobertSC

RobertSC New Member

I have a pair of D2's, cost over $1,000 with the travel bags when I bought them in Jan. 2017. I guess I might dig them out and try them with Pro 3 later this month. I get almost no use out of them since dropping Traktor and switching to a competing DJ hardware/software platform. As much as NI inspires me, they have a way of equally disappointing.

13. Quentin Pétel

Quentin Pétel New Member