D2 screen- sort by...

Discussion in 'KONTROL D2' started by Unbroken1, May 18, 2015.

1. Unbroken1

Unbroken1 New Member

...have used Mixed In Key for a few years now, it's served me well and I don't plan on changing to the Traktor key tag format.

I currently have MIK write Camelot key info into my 'Comments' field, but there is no 'sort by' option for this field on the D2. Obviously I can still sort by comments on the laptop, but this means I can't mix using the D2's screens alone.

Any recommended workarounds for this?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Rob van Erp

Rob van Erp NI Product Owner

You Can choose were mix in key writes the key and/or energy levels . If you write it in front of the artist name or behind the song name you can still see them on the D2 screens http://www.mixedinkey.com/Screenshots

3. Unbroken1

Unbroken1 New Member

...bit of a clunky solution though, what if you want to keep those columns for the info that was intended to go there? or sort by artist/song name?

4. Rob van Erp

Rob van Erp NI Product Owner

You can have both in there, so for now its a work around,lets hope that native makes this possible

5. Unbroken1

Unbroken1 New Member

...thanks and appreciate the suggestion Rob, hope NI can offer a more elegant solution though :)

6. LeeHess

LeeHess New Member

Do you sort by BPM and can mixed in key write to that field...?

Again, clunky solution but I see no other way as you can only sort by fields Artist/Title/BPM/Key with no option to change them.

Surly N.I. will fix but as always takes time...

I can think of two possible solutions both fairly simply to implement I would imagine;

1) Make an option within the settings D2 tab where you select which 4 fields the browser scrolls through.

2) When you 'sort by' on the D2 it scrolls through the first four fields of the main browser, e.g.
    The laptop browser would have 8 fields; Artist/Title/BPM/Comment/key/Label/last played/cover art
    When you 'sort by' on the D2 it scrolls through just the Artist/Title/BPM/Comment.

So for your problem MIK writes to the comment field and you sort by that.

7. OY3NOH

OY3NOH Active Member

If you analyze with mixed in key AFTER importing the tracks to traktor and do a consisty check of your collection AFTER analyzing with mixed in key, then Traktor uses the same values as mixed in key found out. So then you can simply sort by the Traktor built in Key field. (okay it is starting with 1m what is equal to 8A in MIK but at least the Keys are in MIK quality then)

Though I have no S8/D2 I allways do it like that because I like the color scheme of the Traktor Key

key.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  8. paulend

paulend New Member

The key matching software I use updates the key field in Traktor which I can then sort on.

I think NI need to open up the fields with which you can sort by though. I can't see why it has to be restricted to the current options and I hope is an easy fix.

• Like Like x 1
  9. MichaelKMusic

MichaelKMusic NI Product Owner

I hope as well it gets an update to view key text on the D2's I rely on harmonic mixing with MIK and would like to do it without checking my laptop I prefer to keep my laptop closed with the no sleep app please give us this update NI :)

10. an3

an3 Forum Member

Also a bout screen sort: please add save sort by: in preferences. so u dont need to roaqte with every browse back n forth, (to tittle in my case)

11. tompei

tompei NI Product Owner

+1 need a way to display and sort by 'comments' tags
    +1 the 'sort by' state needs to be saved, it's utterly annoying to need to set it every time (plus the button sensitivity has some kind of weird inertia)

I still can't figure how NI does to be able to pack incredible features in their interfaces, and still come with such basic shortfalls.

12. Ninesense

Ninesense NI Product Owner

Any news on this topic everyone?

Just got the D2 and not being able to sort by my Key2 is kind of annoying...
    Whole reason for this is to not have to use the laptop screen at all...

13. Ghost_On_Da_Maschine

Ghost_On_Da_Maschine NI Product Owner

If I select a specific type of sorting within the screen on the computer as long as I click on something in the playlist my 2 D2s will follow the sorting on the laptop.
    Doesn't matter what sorting I use.

• Like Like x 1
  14. ErikMinekus

ErikMinekus NI Product Owner

@Ninesense to sort by Key Text instead of Key, open qml/Screens/Views/Browser/BrowserFooter.qml and go to line 20:
    Code:
      readonly property variant sortIds:          [0 ,  2     ,   3     ,  5   ,  28  ,  22     ,  27          ]
    Change the number 28 to 10.

Then open qml/Screens/Views/Overlays/CenterOverlays/BrowserSorting.qml and go to line 25:
    Code:
          case 28:  return "KEY"
    Again, change 28 to 10.

There is no way to display the Key Text in the browser, but if you're still using the Prime display it will already be converted to Camelot notation.

• Like Like x 1