1. We're currently conducting systematic tests with the release version of macOS 11 (Big Sur) in order to offer full compatibility of our products as soon as possible. You can find our latest compatibility status - here

Please note that although announced at the same time as macOS Big Sur, Apple Silicon processors are an independent release with separate compatibility concerns for NI products. Compatibility with macOS Big Sur will not yet ensure compatibility with Apple Silicon processors. At the moment, Native Instruments products are not supported on computers with Apple Silicon processors. Read more - here

Dismiss Notice

DAW - Reaktor

Discussion in 'REAKTOR' started by marclop, Sep 12, 2018.

1. marclop

marclop New Member

Hi everyone!

In which DAW are you working with Reaktor or are you using it as a stand-alone?

2. uksnowy

uksnowy NI Product Owner

Standalone to program and audition. Reaper when using it in music.

• Like Like x 1
  3. marclop

marclop New Member

How easy was it to use in Reaper, I'm trying to see other options than Nuendo, cause i can't make it work there.

4. Moujik

Moujik NI Product Owner

Ableton Live for 'music', stand-alone for building etc. like uksnowy

But I'd be very surprised if Reaktor didn't work with Nuendo - have you contacted Support?

• Like Like x 1
  5. marclop

marclop New Member

Well my main problem with using Reaktor in Nuendo is that I can get some sounds out of it, but can't I control it with my keyboard. It seems that it reproduces the sound that is supposed to, and that's it. And in native access, it shows that Reaktor's installation was fine.

I thought of giving a try first here, with posting about it yesterday, but I haven't got any answer yet, so maybe I'll contact Support.

Thanks for your answer!

Last edited: Sep 12, 2018
  6. fromwithin

fromwithin New Member

I use it with Tracktion Waveform. Just drag it into a track and that's it. Never had any issues.

• Like Like x 1
  7. marclop

marclop New Member

Thanks! I'll give it a try!

8. pryere

pryere NI Product Owner

I have been using Reaper for a few years now with no problems at all.

9. Paule

Paule NI Product Owner

There is a magic situation. Start the in-progress TSM 3.3 in standalone needs 40% power. Drive a midi player via virtual cable to TSM cpu power is 21%. Why?

10. ZooTooK

ZooTooK NI Product Owner

Have you used Reaktor as stand-alone?

11. Paule

Paule NI Product Owner

Yes standalone - TSM is without switches. Good for auto snap morph. So all is „on” like in Blocks. After start it shows 39-40%. Press the keyboard Q-key rise a bit on 42-44%. Give the same stream from GNMidi (pc only) via loopMIDI on channel 1 to Reaktor the cpu fall down to 20-22%. Okay I've 12 kernels. The stream is C3 midi 60 vel 100.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Philippe

Philippe NI Product Owner

you could check with a Midi analyzer (not one in Reaktor) if the data are exactly the same ( how note off are handled, possible message filtering etc) ?

• Like Like x 1
  13. Paule

Paule NI Product Owner

Midi is okay volume is lower.

14. Philippe

Philippe NI Product Owner

you could check if it’s a velocity issue, or a cc#7 or 11 different initial settings (if present)

• Like Like x 1
  15. Paule

Paule NI Product Owner

To SaviHost it's the same. GNMIdi is 32-bit and loopMidi also.
    I'm so happy about the low cpu on R6.