1. Please do not install macOS 10.15 Catalina yet, as Native Instruments software and hardware products are not supported under macOS 10.15 yet. For more info, please go HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

DDM4000 and Traktor 3.3 configuration

Discussion in 'TRAKTOR 3' started by piotrpbx, Apr 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. djrustymark

djrustymark New Member

Help..

I have recently got myself a behringer ddm 4000, great dj tool, but the lights r a bit bright..Trying to use traktor 3, but cant seem to be able to get it to work with the ddm, im using an m-audio midisport uno usb interface, is this the right thing im using, or do i need something else? im pretty new to the digital side of things, and its doing my head in, please help… im an old school analog dj..

2. mikesilence

mikesilence NI Product Owner

@trespies
    The Master Output of the DDM is not an encoder, so you cannot control anything with it. "Only" the Channels, the crossfader, the Mic section and the sampler can be switched to midi...

@djtrustymark
    did you set the channels to midi? Have a look into the manual.

3. trance alba

trance alba Forum Member

Are you using the DDM primarily as an audio mixer or a midi controller? Sounds like a bit of both?

The channel gains, headphone controls and master output controls are analogue and are not midi encoders.

If it helps, as an audio mixer the DDM's master out does not control the volume of the "tape out" connection on the back.

Assuming you have the 4 channels in audio mode (you say you get sound from the interface outputs) then just use the master output on the DDM as an audio gain.

If you really want a control for traktors master out knob, you'll have to use one of the midi mappable knobs on the DDM.

I chose the knob on the sampler section for that, purely as it was spare!

4. djrustymark

djrustymark New Member

5. mikesilence

Can you see the Midisport in the Traktor configuration? Is it selected?

6. djrustymark

djrustymark New Member

Yeah, its all showing up in traktor, but cant seem to map it to my ddm. do i need another type of interface, or is the midisport uno all i need? please can u tell me the best and cheapest thing can get? i just want to use my mp3's combined with my vinyl..:(

7. mikesilence

Okay, its showing up, but is it selected? Are ther X before the 2 ports you can see?

8. djrustymark

djrustymark New Member

yes its all connected and the 2 ports have x before them, but when i go through the instructions nothing works, cant map it.. im thinking that this M-audio midisport uno is the wrongthing i need.. or i may need something else. What the cheapest and most simple thing i can get? cheers mark.:confused:
    ---
    Could you please give me some step by step instructions on how to map traktor to my ddm? thats if im sing the right usb interface.. mant thanx Mark.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.