1. Hi everyone,

Apple just released Logic Pro 10.5 for MacOS 10.15. We found out that Crush Pack, Mod Pack, Replika, and Replika XT will crash.

Our teams are currently working on a fix, and we hope to have this out to you as soon as we can!

Best wishes, 
    The NI Team

Dismiss Notice

Dealing with power adapter length

Discussion in 'KONTROL S5/ KONTROL S8' started by J.T. F, Jul 17, 2019.

1. J.T. F

J.T. F NI Product Owner

As a mobile DJ, I've been frustrated with the short length of the power adapter that came with the S5 (3').

With my setup, the cord doesn't reach all the way to the ground, meaning I have to have a power strip on my table. Ideally I would have the power cord on the ground, out of sight.

I'm looking at buying another power adapter with a longer length (following the wisdom in this thread: https://www.native-instruments.com/forum/threads/power-adapter-kontrol-s4.124444/).

In the meantime, I'm wondering how other mobile DJs deal with the short length of the adapter? Do you always a power strip on your playing surface? If so, how do you do it without making the table look messy and cluttered?

2. Nick Moon

Nick Moon NI Product Owner

3. J.T. F

J.T. F NI Product Owner

4. Aleix Jiménez

Aleix Jiménez NI Product Owner

Hi! Today I just received and checked the following cable from Amazon! It works great with my Traktor S8!!!

Here’s the one i bought in Amazon Spain, hope it works for you too!

Liwinting 2m Cable de Extensión 2.5mm x 5.5mm Plug DC Macho a Hembra Conector para Adaptador de Corriente, LED, Cámara CCTV Potencia, Coche, Monitores y Más, Flexible - Negro https://www.amazon.es/dp/B07MLSBH72/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_dPrLDb2G2Q9E1

As you may see, it was on 2m size, 3m size and up to 5 meters size!

5. J.T. F

J.T. F NI Product Owner

Thank you so much for the recommendation! Glad to hear it works! The last cord I bought didn't end up fitting, so I'm excited to have another lead :)

6. Moonified

Moonified NI Product Owner

Interesting. As a mobile DJ with an S5, do you do open format mixing ?

7. J.T. F

J.T. F NI Product Owner

Yes, I mix open format

8. Moonified

Moonified NI Product Owner

I have an s8, and without a secondary controller, I don't find the s8 is great for bpm shifting

9. J.T. F

J.T. F NI Product Owner

Agreed. I use this mod so that the tempo adjuster moves up and down by a full BPM by default. Makes it easier to get a little aggressive with your tempo changes.

Edit: link wasn't working; added back in.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2019
  10. J.T. F

J.T. F NI Product Owner

Update - I was able to find the right cord. I purchased this on amazon: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07MKJK1CM/
    That product is a four pack, which I thought would be too much. But I realized when it came, it's even better. Each cord is about 3 feet and they can plug into each other of course, so in all I now have 12 feet of extra power cable length. Amazing! Thank you Aleix for the recommendation!

• Like Like x 1
  11. Caleb Grayson

Caleb Grayson NI Product Owner

i have a velcro cable wrap on my power trip that i attach to my table leg at the top right under the table for all my power on top.

i use the Lifetime 4’ table which allow me to make it 39” tall and a short table top facade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1